Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » Receiving the Gift Already Given
Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1553] Sun, 09 December 2012 17:41 Go to next message
Taliesin is currently offline  Taliesin
Based mostly on the experiences posted on this website, I have started to get the idea that everyone already has their calling and election made sure, which was wrought out by Christ during the atonement, but it takes us some preparation and education to realize that the gift is available and then faith to accept it. For those of you with a lot more knowledge about the C&E process, is this thought way off, or is it close?
Re: Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1557 is a reply to message #1553] Mon, 10 December 2012 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Taliesin, FWIW I don't think you are far off at all and may have just hit the nail on the head. I don't know myself if this is exactly correct but from what I have witnessed thus far...just about every person was already offered the gift and then it only took preparation and faith to accept as you said. This is something I have been pondering over as well.
Re: Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1562 is a reply to message #1553] Mon, 10 December 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I've had similar thoughts Taliesin; I wonder if the OFFER is there for us all - from the beginning, but we have to realize it, have the mighty change of heart, and RECEIVE the Holy Ghost - where we actually LIVE by the Spirit, not by man. It sounds a lot like what happened when King Benjamin gave his address to the multitude, they believed his words, experience the mighty change, had no more desire to do evil, and they covenanted with the Lord. Because of this they all became adopted sons and daughters of Christ.

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/5?lang=eng

Quote:
1 And now, it came to pass that when king Benjamin had thus spoken to his people, he sent among them, desiring to know of his people if they abelieved the words which he had spoken unto them.

2 And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.

3 And we, ourselves, also, through the infinite agoodness of God, and the manifestations of his Spirit, have great views of that which is to come; and were it expedient, we could prophesy of all things.

4 And it is the faith which we have had on the things which our king has spoken unto us that has brought us to this great knowledge, whereby we do rejoice with such exceedingly great joy.

5 And we are willing to enter into a covenant with our God to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days, that we may not bring upon ourselves a bnever-ending torment, as has been spoken by the cangel, that we may not drink out of the cup of the wrath of God.

6 And now, these are the words which king Benjamin desired of them; and therefore he said unto them: Ye have spoken the words that I desired; and the covenant which ye have made is a righteous covenant.

7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the achildren of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are bchanged through faith on his name; therefore, ye are cborn of him and have become his dsons and his daughters.

They received their C&Es as a multitude - it wasn't like God just picked out one or two of the Noble and Great ones and sent them on a path to receive their C&E. This was AVAILABLE to all of them, and they CHOSE it.

This also seems to fit:

Quote:
32 And they who remain shall also be quickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received.

33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift.

~Jules
Re: Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1572 is a reply to message #1562] Tue, 11 December 2012 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
There is a flip side to the concept which may shed more light on the subject. Jules has pointed out we must receive the gift willingly to enjoy it. We must also GIVE a gift willingly to enjoy giving it. And if we do not give it willingly, it is as if we never gave it, in the sight of God. Thus giver and receiver must be willing in any gift exchange which includes service. However, if I give service willingly, but the person receives it grudgingly, it does not stop me from enjoying the giving thereof. Far too often church members are more willing to give than receive.

- Dragon
Re: Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1577 is a reply to message #1553] Tue, 11 December 2012 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Taliesin wrote on Sun, 09 December 2012 17:41
Based mostly on the experiences posted on this website, I have started to get the idea that everyone already has their calling and election made sure, which was wrought out by Christ during the atonement, but it takes us some preparation and education to realize that the gift is available and then faith to accept it. For those of you with a lot more knowledge about the C&E process, is this thought way off, or is it close?

These things are so, I believe, in accordance to our Pre-mortal endowment . . . wherein we were promised temporal blessings according to our spiritual faithfulness. Such was the case with priesthood (Alma 13) and spiritual gifts.

Life is an awakening. Falling is a necessary part of learning how to walk.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2012 11:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Receiving the Gift Already Given [message #1641 is a reply to message #1553] Tue, 18 December 2012 22:25 Go to previous message
Daryl is currently offline  Daryl
One important doctrine revealed by Denver Snuffer in his work entitled, "First Three Words" helps us understand why so many of us are "chosen" by the Lord. It all started a long, long time ago with a war. Smile (Did you like that play on Star Wars?) The doctrine he shares really capitalizes on the idea in this thread.

I will attempt to attach his work on this post. It is 42 page pdf file. I highly recommend taking the time to read it and digest it.
  • Attachment: 1st3Words.pdf
    (Size: 201.74KB, Downloaded 397 times)
Previous Topic: I had always had it.
Next Topic: A quiet confirmation through the Holy Spirit that my C&E is made sure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:58:24 MDT 2024