Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » My journey
My journey [message #1512] Wed, 05 December 2012 07:45 Go to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I've read some very inspiring stories here. I'm not sure where to begin speaking about my own journey. But I will say this, Amonhi had a significant influence in helping me recognize the blessings I've received. He visited another forum for a while and something he said about Calling and Election inspired me to pray about this subject.

My spiritual journey though began much before that. My first spiritual experiences began shortly before I went on a mission. Probably two weeks or less into my mission, I received an amazing vision while in the MTC. I also received many other miraculous blessings during that initial training period as well as later during my mission. Interestingly, some of the most profound were in the MTC.

While on my mission I was told by my Father of a calling He had for me. Despite my knowledge, upon my return I spent nearly two decades hiding, almost like Jonah. I wouldn't say I was afraid, but I knew I wasn't achieving the full potential of what I have been sent to this earth to do. I attended church regularly and for all intents and purposes, looked like an average luke warm member of the church.

A few years ago my Father called me and I stepped forward. I knew this was now the time. I was VERY ignorant of the scriptures, only having the most superficial knowledge. I began studying and He began teaching me slowly, yet endowing me with His Spirit. Two years ago I began to receive visions again. I have yet to see the Savior in the flesh, as Moroni describes in Ether 12, but I have seen Him now many times in vision.

Reading some thoughts by Amonhi, I felt inspired to ask about my C&E. Prior to that, I had never considered to ask that question. I received an answer very quickly. I was surprised, I almost didn't believe what I heard. I wrote it down in my journal, which I only started just about a year ago. ( I really am a slow learner!)

Still slow to accept the fact that I could be the recipient of so great a blessing, He spoke to me again recently, on the 24th of October. His voice was powerful and He commanded me to write His words to me. I did and He told me, among other things, that He had redeemed me, that I was His son. That He had sealed me to Him. The phrase that "all things become new" has true meaning for me. What I see in the scriptures, how I understand the temple endowment ceremony, everything has changed.

I still feel like I am very much at the beginning of this journey. I am very grateful to have been led here. I know it was divine intervention. Already I am reading experiences of others that help me to put my own into place. Most importantly, I have learned the importance of being able to share my own witness. Something that I still find difficult, but at least it is now becoming easier. So, you are the first to hear my public witness.

Re: My journey [message #1513 is a reply to message #1512] Wed, 05 December 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
This is very touching, brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Bishop
Re: My journey [message #1514 is a reply to message #1513] Wed, 05 December 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iWitness
Just solidifies for me what I am doing here, and how I was prepared beforehand. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways! Thank you!
Re: My journey [message #1515 is a reply to message #1512] Wed, 05 December 2012 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Freddy, thank you so much for sharing this with us!! I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing here, and I know that reading about your experience will help lead others to understand that they can receive the same blessings!

FreddyV wrote on Wed, 05 December 2012 07:45
The phrase that "all things become new" has true meaning for me. What I see in the scriptures, how I understand the temple endowment ceremony, everything has changed.

This is my signature line on another forum and my email:

"Therefore those things which were of old time, which were under the law, in me are all fulfilled. Old things are done away, and all things have become new."

I know what you mean - all things HAVE become new!!

Quote:
I still feel like I am very much at the beginning of this journey. I am very grateful to have been led here. I know it was divine intervention. Already I am reading experiences of others that help me to put my own into place. Most importantly, I have learned the importance of being able to share my own witness. Something that I still find difficult, but at least it is now becoming easier. So, you are the first to hear my public witness.

I can relate to this too - I feel like when I finally accepted my own C&E, I thought I had climbed Mt. Everest, and I had almost reached the top! But then I looked up and could see the entire universe before me, (and realized that it goes universes beyond that too...... Shocked ). I realized that I HAD only just begun the journey.... But it is so awesome!!

Again, I'm so glad you shared!

~Jules
Re: My journey [message #1528 is a reply to message #1515] Fri, 07 December 2012 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Welcome FreddyV! It was wonderful to hear your story. I hope that you share some of your experiences meeting Christ HERE. Those are some of my favorites. I will add that meeting Christ in Vision is a real as meeting Christ in person. And I will also add that Joseph Smith's first VISION was not a VISITATION. Having a vision of Christ is no small thing. I hope that you understand that.

Amonhi

Re: My journey [message #1529 is a reply to message #1528] Fri, 07 December 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Amonhi wrote on Fri, 07 December 2012 13:21
Welcome FreddyV! It was wonderful to hear your story. I hope that you share some of your experiences meeting Christ HERE. Those are some of my favorites. I will add that meeting Christ in Vision is a real as meeting Christ in person. And I will also add that Joseph Smith's first VISION was not a VISITATION. Having a vision of Christ is no small thing. I hope that you understand that.

Amonhi

Amonhi thank you for pointing this out!! I do know of some people close to me who have not felt that it was "as great" to see the Savior in spirit, or just a dream or whatever. But thank you for pointing out that it is much much more than that! Things that happen through our spiritual eyes are much more "real" even than in the flesh in this world and realm. If we experience something in the flesh, it still has to be ratified by the spirit!

~Jules
Re: My journey [message #1544 is a reply to message #1529] Sat, 08 December 2012 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I don't visit this site without coming away more full of the Spirit and a recipient of greater light and knowledge. I've said this before, but my heart sings praises to my Father for His greatness and mercy! Words are too inadequate. I had never considered that a vision is as real as a visitation. Yet, I should have known. My visions were miraculous and left me with such an amazing impression that lasted for days afterwards.

I am currently listening to the Messiah, (performed by Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert) and the words are too powerful to describe. "For unto us, a child is born!" "And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace!"

Music is far more capable of expressing the joy in my heart. His love is too great to describe. How merciful and great is our Lord!

My prayers are with each of you. I pray that we each will be able to receive of His power that His will might be fulfilled, that His children who need Him will be gathered into His arms.

I realize my thoughts here are probably not too coherent. I guess this is a natural reaction when I am carried away by such glorious music. Thanks for the welcome. I will look for some time to share my experiences soon.
Re: My journey [message #1551 is a reply to message #1544] Sun, 09 December 2012 14:59 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
One of the great benefits of this site is that we can share the discoveries we are making as we go along. It can often be very lonely after we receive our CE, because it isn't something that can be properly shared very often with those who have not received it. One of the surprises to me, after CE, was to realize that the visions and dreams were the "real thing." Seeing with spiritual eyes is not what I thought it would be. I agree with Amonhi that seeing the Savior in vision is huge. I too appreciate having a place to go where we can share deeper spiritual things without fear of condemnation by the world. Once again, FreddyV, thanks for sharing your story and welcome.

Bishop
Previous Topic: The greatest wedding gift ever!
Next Topic: How I received my Calling and Election made sure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:43:58 MDT 2024