Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » The Principle of Compensation
The Principle of Compensation [message #1489] Mon, 26 November 2012 21:55 Go to next message
iWitness
Elder Wirthlin:
The Principle of Compensation
"The third thing we can do is understand the principle of compensation. The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss.That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."

I have a hard time understanding this concept.
I really messed up an old companions life and my life, too. All these years later I still feel like we were meant to be together. I prayed about whether it was right for us to be sealed 4 times and got the the answer clearer than clear every time, "YES!"
Well 2 years went by, I ended up getting hurt extremely bad by him, and cut off communication with him because I was hurt beyond belief. It lead to attempted suicide and extreme depression.
I was never happier or knew truer love. It was like...magic. I cannot explain.
So to make a long dramatic story short, I still feel like I lost eternal blessings and didn't do what I was supposed to. My blessing no longer made sense and still is hard to understand as far as eternal companion goes because I didn't do what my blessing ask me to do. I wasn't "True and faithful" at that time in my life, as it was my darkest days.

Since, I've been sealed to another and had children, but I still wonder, "Will he be okay? Is my family and his going to suffer eternally because of my mistakes?"

How does the Principle of Compensation work in this situation?
Will my life always be behind, where it could have been ahead if circumstances were different? If I would have chosen differently, such as choosing not to have been hurt, and charging forward with faith...

This is one of the things that haunts me, even though it's been a few years. I just don't feel that purpose in my life anymore, like I did when I was with him. My life lacks the meaning now that it had back then.

You guys mentioned how if Abraham chose not to sacrifice Issac, he would have lost eternal blessings. Well, I parallel that to my life. I seriously have never been closer to the Spirit and the Lord than I was then. It was the biggest test of faith in my life...and I didn't choose the right way, like we could have hoped.

I would soooo appreciate some light on the topic of compensation. I hope this personal story doesn't sound too dramatic to you all. Cause after reading over it, it sounds like it doesn't belong on this site... Embarrassed

Re: The Principle of Compensation [message #1491 is a reply to message #1489] Tue, 27 November 2012 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
A few points of clarification, if you please.

1. Were you sealed to the first man mentioned?
2. Was the 'hurt' you described a form of abuse?

- Dragon
Re: The Principle of Compensation [message #1496 is a reply to message #1491] Wed, 28 November 2012 13:57 Go to previous message
iWitness
We were not sealed or married.
No abuse was involved.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 14:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Born again and Calling and Election
Next Topic: The Four Relationships we have with Christ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:03:28 MDT 2024