Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » I dreamed of my father last night.
I dreamed of my father last night. [message #1479] Fri, 23 November 2012 13:14 Go to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
Last night I had a dream. Much of it is vague but a couple of parts were very powerful, clear and have stayed with me.

The main part of the dream I remember was of me lying in my bed with my father (who passed away in 2010) standing over me. I got a sense that he was protecting me but was also quite displeased with me over something. He had a stern countenance which I felt was a combination of his commitment to "man his post" but also disapproval towards me in some regard.

I vaguely got the impression that we disagreed about something, and that he withdrew his protection from me. I was immediately assaulted by evil spiritual forces. I completely understand now what some have referred to as having their tongue bound, as in my dream I was unable to speak, in fact during the onslaught it was hard to even form a rational thought. The only things I remember was trying to call out for my father and being unable to do so, and the overwhelming hatred and desire for my destruction from the evil presence. The evil presence did not appear in any form in the dream - no monsters, demons, or even darkness. It was only the sense of the desire for my destruction that manifested itself.

I awoke in fear and almost expected to see something evil manifested in my room, but there was none. I did lay there for several minutes still experiencing the feeling of hatred and desire for my destruction. After a few minutes I was able to calm myself and go back to sleep.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: I dreamed of my father last night. [message #1589 is a reply to message #1479] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:52 Go to previous message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
That's interesting. I wonder if it's symbolic of some sort of spiritual condition in your life.
Previous Topic: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream
Next Topic: Remembering Dreams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:50:24 MDT 2024