Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » Promises Not Understood
Promises Not Understood [message #1452] Fri, 16 November 2012 04:47 Go to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I shared an experience in another part of this forum. It was a dream/vision/out of body experience where I talked with Christ. What ever you would call it, it was an amazing experience. This happened on 1-5-11. Tonight as I was doing some reading and studying I felt prompted to pull out a binder I felt prompted to start in 2010.

The binder is really neat and I am feeling like I need to start keeping up with it again. Its just a three ring binder with different topics/sections. The first is Scripture study. Where I placed papers where I took notes during scripture studies. Then there are four other sections : Journal Entry's, Monographs/papers, Personal, and Other. I felt prompted to start if after a dear friend told me about the idea. She got the idea from someone she knows who made these binders through-out his life and would label them by dates and he kept them. Then by the time he had grand-children he had many of them. And when his grand children wanted to learn about a specific topic they would go and pull out one of his binders and see what they could learn from him that he had already learned for himself. Sorry about the brief detour to describe my binder but I thought I should share it.

I haven't added anything to this binder in a while and I haven't been keeping up with it very well but tonight I felt prompted to get it out and I started to read some of my old notes and scripture studies. Often, I would ask questions and receive answers following a scripture study that delt with the very thing I had asked about. I found a scripture study I did on the evening of 1-5-11 where I discovered it was the same day I had experienced that grand vision/dream because I had also recorded that and it had the same date posted on it. As I went back and read this scripture study with NEW EYES and Understanding I was dumbfounded at the blessings, instructions, encouragement that I was given and didn't understand then! I have only recently accepted that I have had my calling and election made sure. It is amazing to go back and see how many times the Lord was trying to tell me about the great gifts He had given me. Here is one such example. I will share my scripture study from that evening.

"I was telling John (My husband) how discouraged I sometimes feel because of my weaknesses. That I want to stop doing wrong and that I just want to do everything right. Sometimes I feel so far away from being truly sanctified and I wonder if it will ever take place. Then I came across the following scriptures and felt the Lord was talking to me." D&C 78: 17,18, 20, 21

17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will clead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

20 Wherefore, do the things which I have commanded you, saith your Redeemer, even the Son Ahman, who prepareth all things before he taketh you;

21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.

And these........

D&C 50: 40-44

41 Fear not, little child, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;

42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

43 And the Father and I are one. I am bin the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.

44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.

As I read these things tonight I was just amazed at what the Lord was telling me then but I just didn't fully understand at the time! Amazing. I did not understand the doctrine of calling and election fully and I did not understand what the church of the firstborn was either. I am so glad that I wrote these things down and kept a record. I love my Savior so much and I am so grateful for His care and for leading me along. Also, funny that the first thing the Lord told me at the time was: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are a little child, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you." I love the way the scriptures can speak directly to our own hearts and minds like they were written personally for us.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 04:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Promises Not Understood [message #1454 is a reply to message #1452] Fri, 16 November 2012 10:52 Go to previous message
iWitness
This reminds me of a very spiritual experience I had yesterday. I was filled with the spirit as I began writing in my journal, and I wrote very prophetic things. I then flipped to 3 consecutive chapters in John, and everything I had written in my journal was unfolded almost word for word in the chapters of John. I find that when my desires are spot on with the Lords will, that I literally flip open the scriptures to exactly what I'm searching for, and I KNOW it's inspired.

Your posts are wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Let's take this as a sign we should write in our journals more often! (:
Previous Topic: My first "real" spiritual experience
Next Topic: A Joint Concert with Spirits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:05:12 MDT 2024