Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » Ignoring the Demons (Reading the 'Pamphlet' on how to cast the demons out of your life forever.)
icon5.gif  Ignoring the Demons [message #1444] Tue, 13 November 2012 05:02 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
When it comes to ignoring demons, or keeping them from influencing you, here is what I have learned so far. I am eager to hear what others can add to my understanding.

1. Dedicate your home and land, and keep it as holy as the Temple.
When you have a safe haven to come home to every night, it allows you to be free of their influence for a time. If you lose the Holy Ghost for awhile, it feels awful. Losing the influence of demons for awhile is just the opposite. It also helps you recognize their influence.
This could be a whole discussion on its own, because it is not an easy task. First of all, everyone who lives there must maintain that level of spiritual cleanliness. And if someone visits who brings demons in with them, the cleanliness must be restored. Furthermore, I have found things as common as ads on Facebook can bring demons into the home for certain people. Finding the ways they get in and closing those doors is a struggle.

2. Shielding
When you need to leave your home, creating a shield for yourself from negative influences can be very useful. It isn't easy, and the process might be different for each person. I believe it should be based in your true character. As a dragon, I picture in my mind folding in my wings, hiding my other dragon features, and reinforcing the scaly hide as a barrier against the influences of others. After awhile, it became second nature.
This was especially important for me, as my empathic abilities made me susceptible to other people, as well as demons. It also helps me communicate with angels, but that is another topic. Imagine attending church and feeling the emotions of everyone in the room. There are a lot of negative emotions in a typical Sacrament Meeting. It's not just the adults who project this. Children struggle with their own negative emotions, and sometimes project more strongly than the adults.

3. Casting out Demons
There is actual doctrine on how to cast demons out when they find their way into your life. Raise your arm to the square and command them in the name of Jesus Christ to depart. Confidence is a must. It does NOT require the priesthood, merely a righteous person. (Evil cannot cast out evil.) If someone is possessed, they must be willing to let the demon go, recognize how it entered, and avoid that sin in the future. It does not usually require a full exorcism, which DOES rely on the priesthood. Thankfully I have not yet encountered the kind which 'go not out except through prayer and fasting.'

As far as I can tell, that's the majority of what I know on avoiding the influences of demons. Hopefully more questions and your answers will teach me more and make my life happier.

- Dragon
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #1455 is a reply to message #1444] Fri, 16 November 2012 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iWitness
Hi Dragon,

I just started a thread before reading this one.... I should have done that first...

I had depression from June '08-October '10, and I can say there were times I knew I was 'possessed'. Before that time, I was never one to have depressive or suicidal tendencies. I have always been a hyper-happygolucky-outgoing person, full of laughter, smiles, and a good time. I never knew depression was a real thing before I went through it myself. I always told people...."Ummm.....JUST BE POSITIVE!"

So I had an experience on Nov. 14th, so two days ago, that was pretty intense. More so than the experiences I had when I was depressed.
After it was cast out(I believe it was just one), I recognized how it had entered, and I repented for my weakness. Relying now on Christ, that I never make myself vulnerable to evil like that again. I guess we have this...idea of what it's like to be possessed. While it was happening, I kept thinking, "Oh, this isn't so bad, I can stop this whenever I want". Which made things excalate to the point where my tongue was bound and I couldn't ask for a blessing, which was what I knew I needed.

So now I'm just wondering if this has happened to anybody on Elliaison, or happened to anyone you know.
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #1458 is a reply to message #1455] Fri, 16 November 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
There is a large difference between being possessed by a demon and being influenced by one. When we listen to and act on the whisperings of the demons, we are influenced by them. They tempt us, and it progresses until we are fully possessed. How can we define the difference when they are two points on a sliding scale? I would say possession is when the demon owns you. You will do whatever they want, and you don't fight it, or can't fight it. Most people think of possession as when a demon takes over completely. But certain levels of influence require the demon to be cast out to restore peace and balance.

I haven't seen full possession, as far as I know. But I have seen and felt the influence of demons on myself and others. One problem people have in recognizing these things is the almost omnipresence of demons. It feels like they are everywhere. Which is why, as I stated above, we must make our homes a haven which demons cannot enter.

- Dragon
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2437 is a reply to message #1458] Tue, 07 May 2013 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I'm curious whether or not anyone here has read Conquering Spiritual Evil, by: Doug Mendenhall - and if so, what others thought of the information.

http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Spiritual-Evil-Douglas-Mendenhall/dp/B005Z7FXL4

~Jules
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2463 is a reply to message #2437] Thu, 16 May 2013 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
JulesGP wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 23:50

I'm curious whether or not anyone here has read Conquering Spiritual Evil, by: Doug Mendenhall - and if so, what others thought of the information.

http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Spiritual-Evil-Douglas-Mendenhall/dp/B005Z7FXL4

I have been wrestling with ordering it or not. I probably would have already if it was downloadable per my Kindle app. I found the 2nd Comforter by Denver Snuffer that is downloadable. I think I might start with that one instead.... (It's still on my list though)
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2464 is a reply to message #2463] Thu, 16 May 2013 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I just finished the book, and while I don't agree with every one of Doug's (and his daughter's) conclusions, I really enjoyed the book and found it very helpful. Still curious about what others think though Smile .

~Jules
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2472 is a reply to message #1444] Sun, 19 May 2013 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daryl is currently offline  Daryl
I have read Conquering Spiritual Evil by Mendenhall and attended two of his classes. I believe his book is true. Even he says there are some errors in the book. I take the truth that I need from the book.
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2564 is a reply to message #2464] Tue, 11 June 2013 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaai is currently offline  Kaai
Jules,

I purchased Doug's book after pondering and praying over it. Interestingly, The Lord initially impressed me to stay away from the book and focus on other subjects first and foremost, specifically cetain scriptures and John Pontius's books. The Lord then permitted me to order the book with the caveat that I am only to read when I am impressed by the spirit, so it has become a work in progress and I am only half way through. It was fairly heavy material, but I live in a place with tremendous spiritual outpourings, from both sides, and I could feel the railings against me when I first began. Certain subjects resonated with me as I have either experienced them first hand or have discussed these things with other LDS members who experienced them. Other topics however leave a blank spot in my mind which means they are either not true or my spiritual maturity at this time can't comprehend it. I'll continue reading as I am moved upon because I feel, as in all things, that The Lord is trying to teach me about something more important than the topics being discussed in the book.

Just my 2 cents.

"And seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life."
D&C 101:38
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2568 is a reply to message #2564] Fri, 14 June 2013 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thebruceguy is currently offline  Thebruceguy
My wife and I have read all of Doug's books. Conquering Spiritual evil was my favourite. It has opened my eyes up to some amazing things as I continue to study the scriptures and pray.

I do wish he had developed the area of spiritual tools he uses.

I had an interesting experience after reading the book. I have been in bad health for a while. Exhaustion, high blood pressure (165/97 even with medication) and mental fogginess. As I was working one day and realised that I was being particularly unproductive, I had the thought to cast out any spirits within my body who were there to harm me. I raised my arm to the square, instructed them to leave my body, the room and my house.

I had an amazing afternoon, producing a great amount of work, cleared up my office, worked in the garden after work for a few hours, just felt fantastic.

Next morning, I awoke before my 5am alarm, something I hadn't done for months, went to work where many people commented on how well I looked and how invigorated. I checked my BP and it was 130/80. I was thrilled.

Unfortunately, the following day, I overslept, was exhausted and the BP was up again. Casting out no longer appeared to have any effect.

Still, it was good while it lasted. I am still trying to work out what to do to make this permanent.
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2570 is a reply to message #2568] Sat, 15 June 2013 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
I'm not living in Utah. Does anyone know a good way to order this book?
Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #2571 is a reply to message #2570] Sat, 15 June 2013 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thebruceguy is currently offline  Thebruceguy
I'm in Canada and I got my books from Confetti Books

http://www.confettibooks.com/

They gave great service.

Re: Ignoring the Demons [message #3535 is a reply to message #2571] Sun, 28 February 2016 21:02 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
I just wanted to mention that I was taught by the Spirit that thankfulness is a repellent to evil spirits. They can't stand to be near someone who is sincerely thankful to God for their blessings and even thankful for their trials.

Unfortunately, even though we have cast evil spirits from our lives, they can continue to influence those around us. We are still tried so that we can grow through our trials.

Bishop
Previous Topic: As a Child
Next Topic: Discerning Demons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:46:19 MDT 2024