Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » My first "real" spiritual experience
My first "real" spiritual experience [message #1438] Mon, 12 November 2012 12:00 Go to next message
JulesGP

I wanted to share another experience I had on Jan 8, 1995. I remember the date because this experience occurred at the dedication of the Bountiful, UT temple. It was the first time in my life up to that point, that I had received a significant spiritual experience (that I knew was from the Lord anyway). I always felt so completely "spiritually retarded" up until a few years ago when my world began to change immensely, and this is the day that carried me through many years of my life as being my "one spiritual experience".

As I said, I attended the Bountiful, UT temple dedication, and I was there with my (ex) husband. We were running late and actually did not have the spirit with us and had been arguing. He had not prepared himself by bringing a white handkerchief, and we were both upset about that and hoping that they would be handing them out to those who "forgot".

We sat through the dedication and president Hinckley began talking about the Hosanna Shout and how it would be done. My husband and I both began growing nervous about whether or not handkerchiefs would soon be handed out. I pulled mine out so it would be ready. It was a beautiful, embroidered, lacy antique white handkerchief that my grandmother gave me, that I believe had belonged to my great-grandmother.

Well the extra handkerchiefs were never passed out. As I sat there wondering what we would do, a man's VOICE on my right spoke to me as clear and loudly as if he was standing next to me, and told me: "Cut your handkerchief in half, and give half of it to your husband". It was so clear and audible that I literally turned to see who was talking to me, but nobody was there other than the people sitting in the rows preparing their own handkerchiefs. I argued in my head and said to myself: "No WAY am I cutting my grandmother's antique hanky in half!!" I sat there for probably another minute and the voice came again and COMMANDED ME even more loudly and audibly than the first time and said again: "Cut your handkerchief in half, and give half of it to your husband"! The spirit came to me so strong, and I could not deny that the voice was not of this world and I needed to obey it.

So I pulled a little Swiss Army Knife out of my purse that I always carried, and cut my handkerchief in half with the little scissors. I handed half of it to my husband, and not even 30 seconds later, we stood and did the Hosanna Shout.

It was such a cool experience, and I wonder to this day who this Angel was that spoke to me.

~Jules

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2013 14:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My first "real" spiritual experience [message #1440 is a reply to message #1438] Mon, 12 November 2012 12:34 Go to previous message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
Jules, that is soo awesome!

Going thru some struggles today, personally. Had something that I felt was confirmed to me that didn't happen today. So going thru some struggles.

I had applied for a job with the church, and the interview went perfectly. I interviewed with half of the team and seemed to really click well with everyone. Got a strong feeling that I would get the job, but I do remember even then that the spirit told me that other peoples' agency was involved, therefore it was not a sure thing.

The hiring manage just called an hour ago and said it came down to me and one other person, and that they had offered the position to the other guy. Really down about that, it seemed so perfect, great match for my skills, etc. Ah well. I have also been told since I was laid off in September that everything is going to be OK financially and that it was a blessing for me to lose the previous job - I still believe that, it just seemed that this job was such an obvious fulfillment of that promise.

Anyway, I apologize for making it about me. This experience that you had so closely mirrors the experience that I had recently. It is THOSE experiences that matter and what we are here for.

I will say that I have been humbled, and can only hope that the humbling will lead to good things on the spiritual side.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Next Topic: Promises Not Understood
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:00:08 MDT 2024