Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » Remembering Dreams (Dreams)
Remembering Dreams [message #1405] Thu, 08 November 2012 22:24 Go to next message
mac is currently offline  mac
I shared some thoughts about dreams and dreaming elsewhere, and realized that this might be a good place for such discussion as well.

Before sharing an interesting succession of dreams I ended up having, I'll start out with this thought, which I expressed before experiencing something completely different. I'm just curious about others' experience or take on this.

Regardless of whether we remember our dreams or not, it seems to be the consensus among those who supposedly know (doctors, neurologists, researchers, etc.), that everyone dreams, essentially every night while they sleep. I am one of those who seldom remembers my night-time dreams. That is the way it has always been for me -- as a general rule, it is very rare that I have any vivid memory of my dreams. But over the course of the past couple years, I have had this experience of gaining new understanding and having the eyes of my understanding continually opened. Some of it comes from studying the scriptures and other books, etc. Some of it comes from spiritual discussions. Sometimes I get discernible impressions while I am awake. But oftentimes I can't account in any way for where the new understanding comes from. Sometimes it feels like it is poured into my mind while I am asleep, and I wake up with it in the morning, but simply have no memory or understanding of how it happens. So it makes me wonder if it happens via dreams that I can't/don't recall.

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences, and/or can shed any further light on this theory.

Re: Remembering Dreams [message #1406 is a reply to message #1405] Thu, 08 November 2012 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Mac, This thread has some discussion about a similar topic - that might offer you some insight Smile

EDIT: (Forgot to attach the thread.... Embarrassed )

http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=406&rid=35&S=4338efcec66e174d97455f7bfcce8dbc&srch=pure+knowledge+sleep#msg_406

~Jules

[Updated on: Fri, 09 November 2012 02:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remembering Dreams [message #1409 is a reply to message #1405] Fri, 09 November 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mac is currently offline  mac
Great! Thanks Jules.
Re: Remembering Dreams [message #1416 is a reply to message #1409] Sat, 10 November 2012 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
mac,
As for similar experiences, I know I was visited regularly by angels for many years, usually in my sleep. I learned things without knowing their source. My mind was expanded, and I was able to find quotes to back up what the Spirit taught me while I slept. So you are not the only one.

- Dragon
Re: Remembering Dreams [message #1590 is a reply to message #1416] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:56 Go to previous message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
I recall once as a young girl one day I was playing with some friends in the neighborhood. As I was preparing to go home, I suddenly had a very strong sensation of deja vu. As I tried to remember where I had seen that scene before, I distinctly remembered having dreamt it two or three nights before. I hadn't remembered the dream before that moment and I can't remember the dream now. I can only remember remembering the dream.

I've had other experiences of deja vu but have never remembered dreaming them before or since.
Previous Topic: I dreamed of my father last night.
Next Topic: Clean House?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:25:50 MDT 2024