Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure (An observation as the result of a dream)
How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #1294] Tue, 23 October 2012 08:47 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Perhaps this is a little off topic, but it seems the best place to put it.

The other night I had a dream. I was with a group of people seeking to have our C&E Made Sure. Each of us had a mark on the hand to indicate our completion of the steps along the way. A small blue star meant we'd been baptized, and a red star encircling the blue meant we'd received the baptism of fire. Receiving the Endowment added a thin yellow line around the red. But the star we were all seeking, and which no one else but me in the dream achieved, was a small white star in the center of them all, proving I had received my C&E.

Now, this may sound like a silly concept, as many dreams are. Yet I think it speaks to an important truth and taught me a good lesson. When we have been baptized, we know it because it happened. Not everyone accepts that their sins have been washed away, but no one can argue whether or not they have been baptized. Receiving our Endowment is the same way. But the Baptism of Fire, and receiving the C&E are different. There is no outward ceremony attended by friends or approved by the LDS Church, so there is usually no outward sign whether we have achieved it or not.

I believe this shows a pattern and a lesson. Baptism is a physical ordinance whose spiritual fulfillment is the cleansing power of the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost allows us to grow faster than we could without it and in ways which are impossible without it. The Endowment is the physical ordinance whose spiritual fulfillment is the C&E. After all, the C&E is God declaring we have done as he asked in the Endowment (and all other covenants) and He will now provide the Second Comforter.

Yes, it is possible to perform a ceremony to declare someone as having their C&E Made Sure. However, even that ceremony does not guarantee we are ready to withstand the ever increasing presence of the Savior in our lives. If we are constantly looking for someone else to tell us we are worthy of it, or are waiting for someone else to say whether we are ready to receive it, we will never achieve it. It must come from within, starting with gaining a testimony of our own worthiness to receive it.

- Dragon
Re: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #1295 is a reply to message #1294] Tue, 23 October 2012 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Interesting thoughts Dragon. For me I feel like gaining a testimony of my own worthiness for anything will probably never happen. Because technically Im not worthy of any of the gifts that Christ bestows upon me. It is His grace that makes that happen and nothing I do of myself. But I get what you are saying and I think you are correct. Receiving the Second comforter would likewise require a stripping away of UNBELIEF. And I think thats when the miracles and signs occur. When our unbelief is replaced by Faith. You are so right. Faith is required to receive those blessings. So if we are thinking other people are "worthy" of these things but have no faith to receive it ourselves then technically WE DO NOT BELIEVE. And we lack Faith. If we do not believe something to be possible then there is no reason for it to occur.
Re: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #1301 is a reply to message #1295] Wed, 24 October 2012 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Ashleyd
Because technically I'm not worthy of any of the gifts that Christ bestows upon me.

I have seen this concept hold people back from many things, and I believe the concept is a tool of the adversary. Anything which Satan can do to stop us from acting, stop us from believing in ourselves, or stop us from feeling more of the Holy Ghost works to his advantage. Consider the following scriptures.
D&C 82:10
I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.

D&C 130:20-21
There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated-- And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

Thus, when you receive a blessing from God, it is a witness that you have been obedient. God has a plan, and he asks small and simple things of us which, when we do them, we receive the promised blessing. Did Jesus force you to obey in order to give you the blessing? No, of course not. You took action, or avoided a sin.

It is true, we are unprofitable servants, who can never give back to God as much as He gives to us, and we are never worth our wage. But that is not the same as not being worthy. In so many people's lives, God hands them a powerful and wonderful gift, but they refuse to open it, because they are afraid they will get it dirty with their own filthiness. Such is often the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the Calling and Election Made Sure. We can never do enough work on our own to obtain them, but that does not mean we can never be worthy of them. The Atonement allows us to become worthy of any and every blessing, if we are also obedient to that law which governs the blessing we seek.

If we believe ourselves worthy when we are not, God will not give us the blessing. Likewise, if we believe ourselves unworthy when we actually are, we either reject the gift, or accept it grudgingly, thus removing its ability to edify us. I encourage everyone to leave the decision of worthiness up to Jesus. Let Him tell YOU whether you are worthy. Accept the possibility you have already done enough. And if you haven't, you can be inspired on what is lacking.

- Dragon
Re: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #1320 is a reply to message #1301] Thu, 25 October 2012 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Thanks for expounding further on your thoughts Dragon. I agree with what you just said. Smile
Re: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #2664 is a reply to message #1294] Mon, 12 August 2013 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justme
How interesting that this topic jumped out into my lap. Because of my own disbelief, I've just recently been admonished (or commanded) in a blessing to believe that I have received this gift and that it's really true; to stop doubting. I have the 'who am I?' syndrome. Over the past week or so since then, I've had a shift in paradigms about who I really am. It's been more of an acceptance, than realization. Puzzle pieces are dropping into their places as part of the big picture which I am in, is beginning to make more sense and many past experiences and purposes for people in my life are becoming clearer, too. I am more and more willing to see and believe who I really am. It's like a remembering. Thankful,joyful me Smile Much gratitude for your posting. Thank you bunches!
Re: How to Know if You Have YOUR C&E Made Sure [message #2669 is a reply to message #2664] Tue, 13 August 2013 08:38 Go to previous message
JulesGP

justme wrote on Mon, 12 August 2013 22:57
How interesting that this topic jumped out into my lap. Because of my own disbelief, I've just recently been admonished (or commanded) in a blessing to believe that I have received this gift and that it's really true; to stop doubting. I have the 'who am I?' syndrome. Over the past week or so since then, I've had a shift in paradigms about who I really am. It's been more of an acceptance, than realization. Puzzle pieces are dropping into their places as part of the big picture which I am in, is beginning to make more sense and many past experiences and purposes for people in my life are becoming clearer, too. I am more and more willing to see and believe who I really am. It's like a remembering. Thankful,joyful me Smile Much gratitude for your posting. Thank you bunches!

Awesome JustMe! This is wonderful, thank you for sharing!

~Jules
Previous Topic: I've always had it...
Next Topic: Have I received my C&E?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:47:57 MDT 2024