Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » My angelic voice - for a minute...
My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1270] Tue, 16 October 2012 02:10 Go to next message
JulesGP

I thought I'd share this experience I had recently - it seemed fitting to me, to put it in the "special experiences" category. Smile

I was at the Brigham City, UT temple dedication a couple of weeks ago, and I was listening to the choir sing the different numbers they did between talks. I was kind of lamenting about my mediocre voice and wishing I had the talent the choir members have. I have always wanted to sing, but it hasn't happened yet... Confused lol.

Anyway, the audience was asked to join the choir in singing "The Spirit of God" after the Hosanna Shout. So I continued thinking... I wondered if I will be able to sing someday in the eternities. We read in the scriptures about angels singing praises to the Lord, and how we are supposed to be doing that too someday in Heaven, etc... So I wondered if not being able to sing well and have a beautiful voice I can use on this earth was essentially a "disability", and if I would be able to have that ability restored to me in the resurrection, or if I would be able to learn to sing someday - as our progression is supposed to be eternal....

Well we started singing "The Spirit of God", and from the first note I sang, the voice that came out of me was NOT my own... it was beautiful! It was clean and tuned and I had awesome vibrato... It was amazing (and weird at the same time, lol). The spirit came over me and told me "YES, you WILL be able to sing like an angel someday, and you will sing praises to the Lord!!" It was so awesome... I was given a spiritual witness and at the same time, I was able to EXPERIENCE what I would have someday! I started crying, and about halfway through the second verse, my crappy voice came back and I sang as I normally do, lol. But it was cool too, to see that drastic difference between my own earthly voice, and the one I would have - that I got to experience by the spirit. I KNEW that this would come to fruition in every way:

Quote:
23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.

EDIT: Originally cited the wrong temple.... Very Happy

~Jules

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2012 10:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1380 is a reply to message #1270] Sat, 03 November 2012 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thebruceguy is currently offline  Thebruceguy
That was a beautiful experience.

I also have a poor singing voice. Indeed, so bad I seldom sing in public. Embarrassed My dream has also always been to be able to sing praises and move others as I am moved by a good singer.

I'm glad you got a brief view of what will be.

Thanks for sharing

thebruceguy
Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1381 is a reply to message #1380] Sat, 03 November 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I'm glad you enjoyed it Bruce, it certainly was an awesome experience.

Welcome to the forum BTW Smile

Jules

~Jules
Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1382 is a reply to message #1381] Sun, 04 November 2012 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Jules,
Thank you for sharing this experience. As I read it, the Spirit confirmed in my heart that my own singing voice is due entirely to singing with the voice of an angel. Perhaps this is why music can bring the Spirit in so much more powerfully. From what I read, if you sing as if your audience were the angels of heaven, you will soon regain that melodious voice.

- Dragon
Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1521 is a reply to message #1270] Thu, 06 December 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
I just discovered this forum last week--quite by accident as I was looking for the unblogmysoul website. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts and have felt the spirit so strongly. I have had a slow time at work this week that has allowed me to spend some time on here--and it's a good thing I work alone because I have had tears streaming down my face on more than one occasion!

Anyway, being new, I hope it's okay to just jump right in. I loved reading your story, Jules, about singing with the voice of an angel--what an awesome experience!

I just thought I would share an insight that came to me about a year ago. I had been quite ill with a cough and lung infection that made it hard to breathe, and I coughed and cleared my throat almost constantly. So for about a year and a half I had not really been able to sing much in church. I would follow along with the words, or hum a bit, or sometimes try just to do a bit of the Sacrament hymn, but mostly didn't try.

I remember when I finally started healing and feeling well enough to sing a song without choking or coughing. It was amazing! Not my voice, which is just mediocre, but the difference it made in me--in feeling the spirit, and in feeling like I was actually worshiping, rather than just sitting in church.
Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #1542 is a reply to message #1521] Sat, 08 December 2012 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Thanks for sharing your experience, JustMe. Welcome to the forum!

- Dragon
Re: My angelic voice - for a minute... [message #2855 is a reply to message #1542] Mon, 02 December 2013 11:35 Go to previous message
leejae is currently offline  leejae
I have a master's degree in classical voice performance. If anyone wants some tips...maybe I can hasten your promise. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Question to Dragons?
Next Topic: guides and gifts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:36:14 MDT 2024