Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving
4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1227] Wed, 10 October 2012 13:54 Go to next message
Gad is currently offline  Gad
I had had several visions and other experiences years earlier. Starting in March 2012, I had started thinking about some of these things and what they meant. The idea that I had perhaps had my calling and election made sure during those prior occasions started to tickle my mind.

I had decided that I would pray and ask if that was the case and if not, what my standing was before God.

April 14, 2012, was the first chance I had to find some time to myself. I knelt and prayed asking God what those earlier experiences meant. Soon after the prayer, I was carried away by an Angel. I was shown the throne room of God. I saw the Father and Son ordaining a man to the true priesthood. I saw 5 others in line waiting for the ordination. After I came to myself, I heard the Voice speak "This day thou art my begotten son." Repeated three times. Each time I heard the Voice I felt a burning start at my head and go down to my toes.

I understood that I had been accepted and adopted by Christ and the Father. That nothing could prevent me from "growing up" to be like Them (save the unpardonable sin) and that there was more offered to mortal men (the ordination that I witnessed others receive).

Now, I live and work towards making myself worthy of that next gift.
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1228 is a reply to message #1227] Wed, 10 October 2012 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Gad this is an incredible experience!! Thank you for sharing this, what an amazing way to be shown the answer to your prayer!

~Jules
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1229 is a reply to message #1228] Wed, 10 October 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are welcome. Just in case you didn't guess I'm the same Gad from LDSFF... I've been meaning to come here for a long time. Your post there finally pushed me to register.

BTW, I haven't had a chance to look yet, but are the books available on kindle? I have caught up some on my reading. (Down to 1.5 books) and am looking to fill up the queue.
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1232 is a reply to message #1229] Wed, 10 October 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Gad, I'm so glad you came to this forum. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing your experience. And I also wanted to tell you that the spirit bore a powerful witness to me that the experience you just related is true. Smile Obviously you already know it is but I wanted to tell you anyway. There is something very familiar about what you described. I hope I too will be able to experience these things for myself.
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1233 is a reply to message #1229] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Gad wrote on Wed, 10 October 2012 13:58
You are welcome. Just in case you didn't guess I'm the same Gad from LDSFF... I've been meaning to come here for a long time. Your post there finally pushed me to register.

BTW, I haven't had a chance to look yet, but are the books available on kindle? I have caught up some on my reading. (Down to 1.5 books) and am looking to fill up the queue.

I guessed Wink

I am really glad you decided to come here too - I've been hoping you would for quite awhile now.

The Elliaison books aren't available on Kindle, but you can get the print version of this one here:

http://www.elliaison.org/books--articles.html

There is some amazing discussion here, I hope you'll enjoy it!!

~Jules
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1234 is a reply to message #1232] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Ashleyd wrote on Wed, 10 October 2012 14:21
Gad, I'm so glad you came to this forum. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing your experience. And I also wanted to tell you that the spirit bore a powerful witness to me that the experience you just related is true. Smile Obviously you already know it is but I wanted to tell you anyway. There is something very familiar about what you described. I hope I too will be able to experience these things for myself.

Ashley, do you mean it FEELS familiar, or do you REMEMBER having a similar experience? Smile

~Jules

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2012 15:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1235 is a reply to message #1227] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Welcome Gad, and Thank you for sharing. This sounds like a vision right out of the Bible or BOM...
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1239 is a reply to message #1235] Wed, 10 October 2012 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I can't say I remember having an experience quite like that though I have left my body while sleeping and talked with Christ. But I don't remember seeing anything. Just some of the things I was told and most of what we talked about I can't remember. Only a tiny piece. When I was reading his experience though I did feel the spirit quite powerfully and not only did I know his experience was real but I think the spirit might have been telling me something like this HAS happened to me. Only I can't remember. I'm not sure though. Sometimes I don't always know exactly what the spirit is saying.
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1349 is a reply to message #1239] Sun, 28 October 2012 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Gad,
Yours is a very moving testimony. As you work toward your new ordination, I just want to add that there are many more levels of growth beyond receiving your C&E, just as there are levels here beginning with telestial, terrestrial, and celestial. It is so exciting and amazing to look forward to each new level.

Bishop
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1365 is a reply to message #1227] Mon, 29 October 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Gad,
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is similar to mine. An angel did come, I was shown many things, and I did see a line of people waiting, yet as I recall, when I was introduced, I was told I was next. Strange thing, that. I learned so many things from the angel, and she changed my life, opening my understanding to a greater and broader world of Spiritual communication.

- Dragon
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #1805 is a reply to message #1365] Tue, 01 January 2013 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I really enjoy reading these accounts! I have had two particularly strong spiritual experiences, but I never considered either one of them could be my receiving my calling and elections made sure. I never heard any pronouncements such as others have described here. Both experiences occurred on my mission. The first one was during a blessing of healing on a sister missionary in my district, where I felt and "saw" the Light of Christ that permeates and enlivens all matter, and how it baptized this sister in light and healing. The second experience was while heading with my companion to teach a family and being interrupted by two ministers from another religion, who thought they would call us to repentance and tell us not to worship Joseph Smith. I bore a powerful testimony to them, during which I felt the Spirit pour down upon me and fill me fire and light from head to toe. But I never heard anything that would make me think I had my calling and election, so I am still working and praying for it. One thing that bothers me is that I have not had any such powerful spiritual experiences since then. I have had many smaller things, witnesses, even some visions, but they have seemed by and large few and far between. So I find myself reaching, striving, praying, and groping for that further light and knowledge I believe is available, but have not been able to achieve.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #2133 is a reply to message #1805] Wed, 30 January 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker wrote on Tue, 01 January 2013 19:31
I really enjoy reading these accounts! I have had two particularly strong spiritual experiences, but I never considered either one of them could be my receiving my calling and elections made sure. I never heard any pronouncements such as others have described here. Both experiences occurred on my mission. The first one was during a blessing of healing on a sister missionary in my district, where I felt and "saw" the Light of Christ that permeates and enlivens all matter, and how it baptized this sister in light and healing. The second experience was while heading with my companion to teach a family and being interrupted by two ministers from another religion, who thought they would call us to repentance and tell us not to worship Joseph Smith. I bore a powerful testimony to them, during which I felt the Spirit pour down upon me and fill me fire and light from head to toe. But I never heard anything that would make me think I had my calling and election, so I am still working and praying for it. One thing that bothers me is that I have not had any such powerful spiritual experiences since then. I have had many smaller things, witnesses, even some visions, but they have seemed by and large few and far between. So I find myself reaching, striving, praying, and groping for that further light and knowledge I believe is available, but have not been able to achieve.

Ryan

I had a long period of testing after my mission. It was a period of spiritual drought so to speak. So you are not alone.

Also, for some reason I never got any email notifications of replies to this thread! So thanks to everyone that commented months ago!
Re: 4/14/2012 Asking and Receiving [message #2379 is a reply to message #1227] Sun, 14 April 2013 23:52 Go to previous message
TruthSeeker is currently offline  TruthSeeker
Gad wrote on Wed, 10 October 2012 13:54
I had had several visions and other experiences years earlier. Starting in March 2012, I had started thinking about some of these things and what they meant. The idea that I had perhaps had my calling and election made sure during those prior occasions started to tickle my mind.

I had decided that I would pray and ask if that was the case and if not, what my standing was before God.

April 14, 2012, was the first chance I had to find some time to myself. I knelt and prayed asking God what those earlier experiences meant. Soon after the prayer, I was carried away by an Angel. I was shown the throne room of God. I saw the Father and Son ordaining a man to the true priesthood. I saw 5 others in line waiting for the ordination. After I came to myself, I heard the Voice speak "This day thou art my begotten son." Repeated three times. Each time I heard the Voice I felt a burning start at my head and go down to my toes.

I understood that I had been accepted and adopted by Christ and the Father. That nothing could prevent me from "growing up" to be like Them (save the unpardonable sin) and that there was more offered to mortal men (the ordination that I witnessed others receive).

Now, I live and work towards making myself worthy of that next gift.

Thanks Gad for sharing your experience. An interesting observation I have about this is how it was until AFTER you asked God that you received the witness. Many times we think the voice comes from Heaven declaring our C&E with no though save it be to ask Him. (just like experience of Oliver Cowdery with the gift of translation).
Yet your account is an example of one where the "asking" precedes the "answer".
Previous Topic: My Story
Next Topic: My C&E and my change of Heart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:24:16 MDT 2024