Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Sunday Preparation - Talks & Lessons » Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 37 (Coming unto Christ)
Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 37 [message #1173] Mon, 24 September 2012 16:20 Go to next message
zephyr is currently offline  zephyr
Next Sunday I will be teaching this class and I plan on asking the question "what does it mean to come unto Christ with full purpose of heart?"

I am sure that there are many different answers to this question. How would you respond?
Re: Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 37 [message #1174 is a reply to message #1173] Mon, 24 September 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
dictionary.com

1. the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3. determination; resoluteness.
4. the subject in hand; the point at issue.
5. practical result, effect, or advantage: to act to good purpose.

So a few answers would be, come to Christ, with the full reason you exist , or with fully resolute of heart, or to fully effect of heart.

To be less literal, and hopefully more eloquent, Coming unto Christ with Full Purpose of Heart means you hold nothing back in your journey to become like Christ and leave your sins behind. If nothing else in your life is more important than coming to Christ, it means you are willing to sacrifice anything which stands in your way.

- Dragon
Re: Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 37 [message #1178 is a reply to message #1174] Tue, 25 September 2012 16:10 Go to previous message
zephyr is currently offline  zephyr
Dragon,

That is beautifully put, thanks.
Previous Topic: Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 36
Next Topic: Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 39
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:46:54 MDT 2024