Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » An Angel In My Bedroom (One of my experiences with angels)
An Angel In My Bedroom [message #1161] Sat, 22 September 2012 22:10 Go to next message
JulesGP

I've had some recent experiences with angels, and I thought I'd share one of them here.

This particular experience happened a few months ago. There were some things going on in my life that the spirit had been telling me I needed to change. I was dragging my feet because of the personal difficulty involved, and because I was "fearing the arm of the flesh". The spirit became more and more heavy - telling me that I really needed to make these changes, and I continued to stall.

One night I had terrible insomnia, and as I lay in my bed, person appeared in the doorway of my bedroom. It told me that I needed to make this change in my life NOW - and not delay any longer. It left such an impression on me and I could not deny the truthfulness of the messenger or the message.

I changed the thing I had been procrastinating immediately the next day, and kick myself for not listening to the spirit in the first place. (I am not suggesting as a friend of mine joked - that you neglect to follow the spirit in order to evoke visitations from angels Rolling Eyes .) But it was a cool experience to have an angel come to me that way with a message. I look back at that and I see how incredibly important it was for me to not only make those changes in the first place, but to change them RIGHT THEN without delay. If I hadn't, it could have detrimentally affected the lives of others and changed the course of mine for the worse as well.

~Jules
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #1209 is a reply to message #1161] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I like this! Thanks for sharing!
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #1221 is a reply to message #1209] Wed, 10 October 2012 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimiwill
Thank you for posting this experience.

I wonder whether the Prophet Joseph Smith had the permanent gift of "spiritual sight" as Doug Mendenhall calls it; Denise Mendenhall, his daughter, has this amazing gift and is always able to peer into the spiritual world around us. JulesGP, your story reminded me of a story by Zebedee Coltrin where Zebedee claimed that the Prophet Joseph Smith kept looking in the corner of the meeting room as though he was watching some sort of activity in that corner of the room.

I mention this because those who regularly have visits from beyond the veil (either disembodied spirits or angels) often have the gift of "spiritual sight" or even partial "spiritual sight". It is truly an amazing gift, which is actually mentioned in the Pearl of Great Price.

Moses 6:36
And he beheld the spirits that God had created; and he beheld also things which were not visible to the natural eye; and from thenceforth came the saying abroad in the land: A seer hath the Lord raised up unto his people.

I generally avoid using the term "seer" as most associate such term with using the Urim and Thummim or with having the ability to translate scriptures or to receive revelations through a seer stone. In any case, the concepts are clearly related, but I do NOT claim to be an expert on the subject matter.
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #1387 is a reply to message #1221] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

dimiwill wrote on Wed, 10 October 2012 02:01
Thank you for posting this experience.

I wonder whether the Prophet Joseph Smith had the permanent gift of "spiritual sight" as Doug Mendenhall calls it; Denise Mendenhall, his daughter, has this amazing gift and is always able to peer into the spiritual world around us. JulesGP, your story reminded me of a story by Zebedee Coltrin where Zebedee claimed that the Prophet Joseph Smith kept looking in the corner of the meeting room as though he was watching some sort of activity in that corner of the room.

I mention this because those who regularly have visits from beyond the veil (either disembodied spirits or angels) often have the gift of "spiritual sight" or even partial "spiritual sight". It is truly an amazing gift, which is actually mentioned in the Pearl of Great Price.

Moses 6:36
And he beheld the spirits that God had created; and he beheld also things which were not visible to the natural eye; and from thenceforth came the saying abroad in the land: A seer hath the Lord raised up unto his people.

I generally avoid using the term "seer" as most associate such term with using the Urim and Thummim or with having the ability to translate scriptures or to receive revelations through a seer stone. In any case, the concepts are clearly related, but I do NOT claim to be an expert on the subject matter.

Dimi,

Thanks to my sweet friend Ashley, I just got a copy of this book - thank you for recommending it to me awhile back!

I believe that there is much more to "seership" and that gift, than just the ability to use tools such as the Urim and Thummim. I started learning a lot more about it when Seeker posted this thread here:

http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=137&goto=408&rid=35&S=707b744f9193c8ecd19231210584f2c0#msg_408

And this one that Ashley posted here:

http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=134&goto=396&rid=35&S=707b744f9193c8ecd19231210584f2c0#msg_396

I'm still on the path of learning, but that gift certainly encompasses a lot more than I initially realized. I don't know if it requires that gift to see an angel as I did in this experience, but I know that a lot of the other spiritual gifts I've had revealed about myself fit in with my understanding of what a "seer" is.

~Jules
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2227 is a reply to message #1161] Fri, 22 February 2013 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swiftbrook is currently offline  swiftbrook
Have you ever seen a female angel? I have yet to hear anyone say their heavenly messenger was female. Last night I was drifting off to sleep (I actually dreamt all night long that I was being taught about Calling and Election and other things by Amonhi) I heard a female call out my name loudly. I felt it was a heavenly messenger.

Also, another question, does it scare you to have someone appear to you at night in your bedroom? I ask because it scares me a little. The only visitors I have had at night are demons (my husband is gone at night) and I've had some very scary experiences! Not sure I like the idea of ANYONE coming uninvited, even an angel of light. (I'm much prefer and would be thrilled to meet heavenly messengers while walking or meditating in the forest). But, I really want and NEED to receive angels so I can progress and I really look forward to and pray for this experience. I am praying to have my fear taken away because I desire messengers from Father greatly, even if they come to my bedroom at night!
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2228 is a reply to message #2227] Fri, 22 February 2013 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

swiftbrook wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 17:23
Have you ever seen a female angel? I have yet to hear anyone say their heavenly messenger was female. Last night I was drifting off to sleep (I actually dreamt all night long that I was being taught about Calling and Election and other things by Amonhi) I heard a female call out my name loudly. I felt it was a heavenly messenger.

Swiftbrook, I'm so happy to see you posting here!

This visitor did not reveal their identity, and I did not see their face clearly enough. But I actually felt like this angel was female - and I think it might have been my grandma or my great grandma. I don't know for sure though, that's just the feeling I had.

I've had angels speak to me where I did not know or have a feeling about their gender either way, and I've had angels speak to me before that were clearly male. I would say I've had more males than females visit me though.

Quote:
Also, another question, does it scare you to have someone appear to you at night in your bedroom? I ask because it scares me a little. The only visitors I have had at night are demons (my husband is gone at night) and I've had some very scary experiences! Not sure I like the idea of ANYONE coming uninvited, even an angel of light. (I'm much prefer and would be thrilled to meet heavenly messengers while walking or meditating in the forest). But, I really want and NEED to receive angels so I can progress and I really look forward to and pray for this experience. I am praying to have my fear taken away because I desire messengers from Father greatly, even if they come to my bedroom at night!

I have had lots of experience with visitations from good and bad spirits, angels, and demons. I don't like visitations from bad spirits and demons no matter when or where it is, Laughing . But whenever it has been a good spirit or angel, it has not scared me - even though it was a surprise!

That is good that you're praying about having your fear removed, because it is awesome when the veil is thinned this way!

~Jules
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2229 is a reply to message #2228] Fri, 22 February 2013 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your response! Amonhi suggested I come here after I told him that I had received my C&E 18 months ago but have not experienced any visions, messengers, or visits with the Lord. I think that was inspired advice.

So, is it just me, or do angels USUALLY appear in people's bedrooms at night? Those seem to be the accounts I hear of the most! Just wondering... Smile
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2230 is a reply to message #2229] Fri, 22 February 2013 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iWitness
Hey there, swiftbrook! If you're not familiar with George Washington's heavenly visitation, you should definitely read it! His visitation was from a Female.
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2232 is a reply to message #2229] Fri, 22 February 2013 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

swiftbrook wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 18:00
Thanks for your response! Amonhi suggested I come here after I told him that I had received my C&E 18 months ago but have not experienced any visions, messengers, or visits with the Lord. I think that was inspired advice.

So, is it just me, or do angels USUALLY appear in people's bedrooms at night? Those seem to be the accounts I hear of the most! Just wondering... Smile

Awesome, I'm so glad Amonhi invited you!

I have had visitations from beyond the veil all my life; I just didn't talk about it as much until the last few years, and after I received my C&E Rolling Eyes . I guess I didn't like the feedback I received - especially from members of the church.

Most of the visitations I've had in my bedroom at night have been very negative experiences. But that's just me. I hear Joseph Smith had a cool one.... Very Happy

But I will tell you this. I did not always recognize angels - part of my understanding came from the things I've learned here from members of this forum, and also from experiences I've had since receiving my C&E (although this visitation in this thread was a couple of months before I accepted my C&E).

I just finished and highly recommend the book discussed in this section of the forum: The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost also has some very good information and discusses angels. If you email Elliaison here: orders@elliaison.org , you can order a copy!

~Jules
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #2241 is a reply to message #2232] Mon, 25 February 2013 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the book recommendation!
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #3373 is a reply to message #1161] Thu, 09 October 2014 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eggtart
If he/she was an angel, why address "it"? Just curious Smile
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #3378 is a reply to message #3373] Sat, 01 November 2014 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

eggtart wrote on Thu, 09 October 2014 07:26
If he/she was an angel, why address "it"? Just curious Smile

I just re-read my account and wondered why I wrote it that way too, lol. Maybe "it" = "the angel"... not sure. Maybe I wrote it in a hurry. Very Happy

~Jules
Re: An Angel In My Bedroom [message #3385 is a reply to message #1161] Sat, 01 November 2014 13:23 Go to previous message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney
It's good to see more discussion going on and this was a good one. I've never felt as uplifted on any other forum as I do here.

swiftbrook I relate to your experience, although, I've only had one "bad" experience (many with disembodied spirits) and that was too many for me. I've never had an experience that I recognize (or recall) as being visited from an angel and I sometimes wonder why I am "broke" that this has been kept from me. It's been a very long road for me and I have never had anyone who have shared experiences till coming here and then there has been so many game changing events for me, including my C&E. My family (imo) thinks I've lost it, but what can one do?

I wish for so many answers, but this forum has been so helpful.

Thanks everyone. Smile

Previous Topic: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.?
Next Topic: My time with John The Beloved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:40:30 MDT 2024