Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? (Was the Savior Jesus Christ the only Savior there will ever be, or will there/have there been others?)
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1493 is a reply to message #1408] Tue, 27 November 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
I know that I am coming late to this party so to speak. I understand that Father in Heaven was the Savior and Redeemer of his brother and sisters. Christ did that which He had seen His Father do and what did His Father do? He laid down his life and took it up again. He was His Father's Firstborn spirit child in that eternal round. I believe that the eternal pattern is ALWAYS the Firstborn's Firstborn's etc. etc. When we have spirit children as exalted beings Jesus Christ's Firstborn will be our first eternal round generation's Savior and Redeemer and His Firstborn's Firstborn will be the next generation's Savior and Redeemer and so forth forever and ever. I hope this makes some sense. Notice the Proclamation on the Family states that we are all beloved spirit sons and daughter of Heavenly Parents. Notice that the words "the same" are not there before the words "Heavenly Parents"? I find that interesting indeed.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1494 is a reply to message #1493] Tue, 27 November 2012 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I like this Ken, and I understand the same thing as you posted here - the Savior Jesus Christ did that which he saw his Father do - which means that he was not the one and only Savior that has ever been, and ever will be!

~Jules
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1495 is a reply to message #1006] Wed, 28 November 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thrones is currently offline  Thrones
Everything is infinite, including this universe. But an infinite universe does not negate the possibility of another infinite universe existing right next to it.

Hence, Christ's atonement is infinite, and necessarily so, for the universe for which it atones. But the existence of one infinite universe actually suggests the possibility of there being more than one rather than "only one", imo.

But even if Christ were only atoning for one person's sins, that atonement would also have to be infinite and eternal. One person, even the least of us, sins against that much depth once we comprehend good and evil.

The little we think people know expands once you begin mining the subconscious and unconscious mind. Even shaving a hair off your chin or calf says more about you and your immortal nature than you can currently comprehend. We are infinite from the day we are born.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1497 is a reply to message #1495] Thu, 29 November 2012 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
We also have to realize that when Heavenly Father speaks of His Only Begotten, He is also speaking of Himself, for He was His Father in Heaven's Only Begotten. So speaking by divine vesture of authority (Speaking as if He were His Father) He would be speaking of each and every only begotten, even Jesus Christ, Our Father in Heaven (Himself), and so forth back infinitum eternally backward. Worlds without number would include Only Begottens without number. The phrases,"From everlasting to everlasting" and "from all eternity to all eternity" speak of dividing great amounts of time into eras and eons. Christ did not make any worlds without number alone. He took the noble and great (us) with Him. He taught us how to not only to move mountains but how to organize them in the first place. He learnt from Him how to create life. That is why Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob could sit upon thrones almost immediately after being resurrected. That glorified, heavenly body was the one thing that they lacked from enjoying a fullness of joy and be placed upon thrones as gods.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1498 is a reply to message #1495] Fri, 30 November 2012 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Thrones
Everything is infinite, including this universe.

Upon this point I must declare, the size of the Universe is not infinite. If it were, there would be an infinite amount of stars in it, and therefore an infinite amount of light pouring down upon the Earth, and cooking it to a crisp. Thus, there MUST be a limit to the size of the Universe.

Furthermore, I have yet to hear a persuasive argument to dissuade me from believing in the Big Bang. Thus, this Universe does not proceed backward in time for eternity.

Other things which are not infinite (assuming you mean continuing forever):
The Sun
Other Stars
Other Planets
The Moon
your car
my bike

Many of these things do have a soul which IS infinite. However, I am uncertain whether my car has a soul or not.

- Dragon
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1499 is a reply to message #1006] Fri, 30 November 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you take the isle of Great Britain and measure it's border with a yardstick that is one kilometer long, then you will come up with a certain figure. If you measure it with an actual yardstick, or meterstick if you will, then the second figure will be larger than the first.

The reason, of course, is that the meter-long stick will be able to account for nooks and crannies that the kilometer stick must necessarily bypass in its measurement. This can go on forever by simply implementing a smaller and smaller measuring stick each time you measure GB, and the distance around the island will always increase. Eventually you will lose the ability to effectually measure the distance we are talking about because your ruler will be so small that the effort would take unknown millenia to ostensibly complete.

But it is then and there that you will be begin to comprehend what God sees in people and things. In reality, the distance around GB depends entirely upon your method of travel. If you are traveling by by cruise ship, it should take a couple weeks. If you are traveling by zaps of an electron microscope that register the width and diameter of each speck of sand and dust, you will never even be able to pretend to leave the first meter of sand where you begin your journey for at least a thousand years. The distance is simply far too great at that clip. The same is true for Hawaii and Antelope Island.

When you step beyond electron microscopes, you begin to enter the measuring sticks of God, which are beyond subatomic with an eye towards recognizing the matter that makes up spirit. If the earth has a soul, and Book of Moses indicates this is so, then that soul is infinite beyond merely the Isle of GB. That soul has infinite and eternal potential which will ultimately be realized after the Millenial rule of Christ.

People are like the earth. They are physical matter and spiritual matter. They are whole souls, and the measurement thereof is beyond mass, matter, and energy as we understand it scientifically. So ultimately it hardly matters that there is a finite number of stars or planets that are "numbered" to God. What matters are the souls that live out their mortality, and are therefore in a terrible predicament concerning sin. It is the whole souls that make the universe infinite.

Even if this Universe only consisted of this planet, it would still be infinite. This is essentially what Dr. Dave realizes in 2001: A Space Oddyssey when he descends upon the monolith near the end of the movie. The infinite (ET) that lies beyond the earth is one thing, but in discovering the infinite that still exists between man and machine (AI), Dave realized that his powering down of HAL was more euthanasia than merely flipping a switch. Hence the psychedelic freak-out that ends the film. The realization and choice between these two infinites was simply too much for his mind to bear.

We are infinite, and we are what make this universe infinite. It's not the stars.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1500 is a reply to message #1499] Fri, 30 November 2012 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Words matter, because the words we use have meaning we can convey to others. The concept you seem to be grappling with is eternal and trying to explain it in terms of infinite. The number Pi has an infinite number of digits indicating smaller and smaller units. there is no end to them, and they do not repeat. Yet the number Pi will never be greater than 3.15. The size of Great Britain does not depend on the size of the measuring stick, though the potential accuracy of the measurement does. Great Britain is not infinite and neither is the Earth. The soul of the Earth is eternal, a prophecy says it will be celestialized.

- Dragon
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1501 is a reply to message #1500] Fri, 30 November 2012 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon wrote on Fri, 30 November 2012 17:08
Words matter, because the words we use have meaning we can convey to others.

Agree with you there.

Quote:
Great Britain is not infinite and neither is the Earth.

I'm sorry, but according to who? For all of the effort and arguing, the sciences have produced relatively few essential "facts". We can engineer corn to blow up insects' stomachs and sell counterfeit seer stones to masses at a tidy profit, but all of our progress doesn't change the fact that we're spoiling the earth as fast as everyone can arrange it.

True measurements of Great Britain and the Earth are not extant in our libraries because no one has the time to be "accurate", as you say. They only have time to ballpark it at sunrise, and then they have a golf game scheduled for the rest of the afternoon, and Americana to digest from their huge flatscreens in the evening.

You like the Big bang? That's cool. I like sacred geometry. I guess I would rather walk one dogma over another. But don't try to sell me a finite island on science's chicken scratch notations. Doubt may be useful in calculus and shipping/receiving, but when applied to relationships it is worthless. The infinite Atonement is about relationships. Hence, only faith can access it.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2012 23:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1503 is a reply to message #1501] Sat, 01 December 2012 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Quote:
1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one aGod, the bFather, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one cLord Jesus Christ, by whom are dall things, and we by him.

I mentioned earlier in this thread, that it IMHO, it seems that Jesus Christ is the Savior of our creational sphere. Other Gods would have other Saviors for THEIR creational spheres.

This scripture seems to point out that there are other gods, but our God the Father is the only one which WE have anything to do with. All pertaining to HIM would be within HIS realm, including HIS son who atoned for the sins of HIS worlds and creations.

~Jules
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1522 is a reply to message #1006] Thu, 06 December 2012 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
As I have read this quote from Joseph Smith, I wonder if it means something we may not have considered, yet something very simple. Consider these two quotes together.

"The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; Sabbath address, 27 August 1843)

"The Church of the Firstborn are those who are equal in all things with Christ and will receive an equal inheritance as Firstborn Sons and Daughters of God. There is no longer a separation between Christ and the latter-day Saints like there is in "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". We, with Christ, are ALL "Firstborn" and heirs to the promise and all that God has."

Maybe what Joseph Smith was saying is that the Holy Ghost might become "Firstborn" and an heir to all that God has, receiving the same glory and fullness as Christ. Therefore, in some respects passing through a similar course of things that the Son has.

Can one become a member of the Church of the Firstborn, receive all that Christ and God has, and not pass through a similar course? Another way of asking that might be to say, would we not have a perfect knowledge of all that Christ passed through to atone for us, when we receive a fullness of His glory.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1532 is a reply to message #1522] Fri, 07 December 2012 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
FreddyV... Thanks for adding your input. I have thought virtually the same things before.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1534 is a reply to message #1408] Fri, 07 December 2012 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingdom of ZION is currently offline  Kingdom of ZION
It is said, that G_d is: "the same today as yesterday, and forever." And again, He is without "beginning of days or end of years." What is being said here is that "THIS G_d beginning is closer now then it is to His end... His Alpha and Omega. But if you are not a G_d and only believe that you can become such, then you will have a beginning of sorts, and your end will also be longer in comparison, forever, that is, when speaking of someone who is eternal. The same is always true, IF one arrives to Godhood, as in an event in time. Now answer for me the age old question first and then I will tell you the answer as it pertains to the G_d's. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Dragon, you are growing on me like a pet rock. Okay, maybe a opaque semi-translucent rock. You want to know the truth so badly yet it must have already been set in stone for you. Some things have been hidden from the foundations of the earth until the last dispensation, which has yet to dawn. The truths are beginning to come forth through the veil by the elect, and you sit among new stone cutters wondering how is it that they are writing things that have not been written. A day is coming when people will not be able to stand on borrowed light.

"To ascend above all things you must descend below all things."

"To become an Eternal Father, you must become an Eternal Son."

"The Holy Anointed must pay the Eternal Sacrifice that every G_d before Him has paid, receiving all the [eight] markings of a G_d in their flesh, coming to the Eternal Resurrection of the Body, leaving the path of Estates of Probation onto the path of Estates of Progression, to one day enter into the Celestial World, no more to go out, this is Gods Eternal, and their glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of their offspring, which eternal law is that like beget like, which brings forth eternal increase."

"It is not really a choice to become a G_d... for either you were, are and always was a G_d before you were organized [created] by G_d or your not. There really is NO such thing as: becoming a G_d. For if you have a beginning as a G_d, devil, or something else, then you shall have an end, not being a G_d, devil or something else. Their is no such G_ds. All the G_ds that have ever been or ever will be G_ds, remain G_ds. They are "without BEGINNING of days or END of years." An allegory as to the span of time, not a starting point."

Shalom

Coming of Eliyah is yet future, the Restoration of Yesrael and the Kingdom or Gospel and the other 2/3's of the Book of Mormon will follow. If Eliyah does not come, then with the coming of the Messiah, the earth shall be cursed and utterly wasted!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2012 17:10]

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1535 is a reply to message #1534] Fri, 07 December 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KoZ,

Thank you so much for this insight. I just recently saw a connection between Alma 13, which talks about our pre-mortal life, and D&C 76, which is written in the present tense. When I recently read those two scriptures, I felt this powerful connection. What you have just stated in plain terms describes exactly the impressions that were given me.

I am slowly being shown who I was, and what I am to do here. My heart sings praises that lift to the heavens because of the blessings which He bestows on His children. How grateful I am to be able to learn from all of you.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1537 is a reply to message #1535] Fri, 07 December 2012 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too be shown who you were, and what your are here to do, your mission, is what is REQUIRED for a man to 'Awake and Arise'.

If you want to read what Joseph said about the G_ds having always been G_d, read his discourse in Nauvoo about 'his ring'! One eternal round, G_ds are without a beginning or an end.

Blessings FreddyV

Coming of Eliyah is yet future, the Restoration of Yesrael and the Kingdom or Gospel and the other 2/3's of the Book of Mormon will follow. If Eliyah does not come, then with the coming of the Messiah, the earth shall be cursed and utterly wasted!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2012 23:46]

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1607 is a reply to message #1006] Sat, 15 December 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
(Abraham 3:22-23.)

22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;
23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

(Doctrine and Covenants 130:6-7.)

6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;
7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.

Correlate the colors between these two verses and that should provide a key of understanding. The second verse cited should unlock the first. Perhaps a more in depth understanding of the meaning of "the light of Christ," the "Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit," the "Son," and "The Father."

The past, present and future with God consists of the ever-present "now." There are no boundaries with respect to time. It will be possible ... (our present reference) to literally travel to anytime, anywhere, in our state of choice - be that (in time-wise progression) light; intelligence; spirit; or soul. "In the beginning (whose? . . . OURS) God divided the light from the darkness." (Hence, in the beginning we were "light."(The ultimate building block . . . E=MC^2; Electro-ma gnetic spectrum which is a continuum of frequencies[scripturally referred to as "quickening."](Should I be getting more excited, I'm picking up good vibrations.) In the process, (that of being further organized and added upon [an endowment for sure], or in other words: light clinging to light,) the new "awareness or awakening (as K.O.Z. alludes to . . . and we could call it "birth",} we became an intelligence. The process continues . . . being further added upon and organized . . . intelligence "gaining" intelligence . . . new awareness; birth, we become a spirit, etc. until we become a soul and receive a fulness in becoming "one." (Infinite light; intelligence; spirit; and soul) and Oh, yes, lets not forget the "being added upon and organized" with the joining or sealing of two different organizations of intelligences . . . the man and the woman in the process. Then there is the becoming one with God. (It would seem that we are dealing with both "quality" and "quantity" of light in our progression.)

The building blocks . . . no quickening; no frequency; stasis . . . dark matter, through a continuum of quickening, to pure light. (It would seem that "light" is a particle AND a frequency or wave . . . hum, could science be right?) Goodness, I am tired and my mind has slowed down . . . I should get some sleep so that I might be "quickened" and awake in the morning (I work nights and have my cycle turned around!) I almost forgot . . . Given a co-ordinate system with a positive going X-axis (from a 0 beginning point) and a Y-axis (positive going with that same origin,) The Y axis would represent a positive continuum of perfection and the X axis would represent a positive continuum of time (Our limited reference of course when you mention time). A telestial world would be represented as a negative going line that starts out at a degree of perfection and over time tends toward imperfection (having a negative slope;) a terrestrial world would start out at a degree of perfection and would continue at that same degree of perfection through time,(having a 0 slope;) and a Celestial world would start out at a degree of perfection and over time increase toward more perfection having a positive slope. With reference to that sleep in this telestial sphere having a negative slope and tending toward entropy, I am worn out. Good Night and, at the same time, Good Day.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery

[Updated on: Sat, 15 December 2012 08:19]

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1608 is a reply to message #1607] Sat, 15 December 2012 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... therefore, if "it" exists in time, "it" will exist in eternity. Is that tree a "lower vibration or frequency" of light (making it matter) . . . or is it the new organization of a "chair?" I wonder if "falling" is the process of having our existence "slowed down" to the point that we take on mass, becoming physical matter? Why does it say in the scriptures that a resurrected body is a "spiritual" body and not a "physical" body? This "quickening" seems to be a way of redeeming darkness and matter, is it? Does the separation of Light from Darkness revert back to a oneness, again, with the whole being "quickened?"

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1685 is a reply to message #1607] Fri, 21 December 2012 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert wrote on Sat, 15 December 2012 08:01
(Abraham 3:22-23.)

I almost forgot . . . Given a co-ordinate system with a positive going X-axis (from a 0 beginning point) and a Y-axis (positive going with that same origin,) The Y axis would represent a positive continuum of perfection and the X axis would represent a positive continuum of time (Our limited reference of course when you mention time). A telestial world would be represented as a negative going line that starts out at a degree of perfection and over time tends toward imperfection (having a negative slope;) a terrestrial world would start out at a degree of perfection and would continue at that same degree of perfection through time,(having a 0 slope;) and a Celestial world would start out at a degree of perfection and over time increase toward more perfection having a positive slope.

I have always preferred to liken glory of creations to trees. it has many levels of interpretation... as trees can at times represent people, life spans, and such.

In a Telestial World, everything denigrates, decays, dies. If you planted a tree, it will one day turn to dust (what it was before it was created, actually organized).

In a Terrestrial World, everything continues, remains the same forever. If you planted a tree, it will live forever.

In a Celestial World, everything increases, becomes greater, enlarged, more perfected. If you planted a tree, you would have in time a forest.

This world, a telestial world is half light and half dark, in the millennium, a terrestrial world, we will be in a geocentric orbit there with only one face of that (this) world facing the sun. The righteous will dwell in the light, and the wicked will be totally separated from the righteous. In a celestial world we will dwell in eternal burnings, on a nova or supernova, a sun, where there is no shadow or darkness.

Shalom

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1688 is a reply to message #1685] Fri, 21 December 2012 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that I know anything significant of physics, but speaking of light, an interesting thing takes place if one travels at the speed of light, time stops. If one takes the equation that
d=rt let t=0

In any form of this equation, you either end up with zero, as in there is no distance between any object, or you end up with an indefinite answer.

What this means to me, is that light can be anywhere and any when. What is interesting is that we can perceive light traveling at a fixed speed, and departing from point a to point b. However, I believe that light may perceive things entirely differently. (Reference Young's experiment, aka the double-slit experiment) A being of light might perceive everything, be connected to everything, at every time. Everything would be continuously present, past present and future.

So, KoZ, when you stated that the celestial world would be entirely of light, this is what came to mind for me. I make no claims to actual scientific knowledge, yet this thought intrigues me.
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1728 is a reply to message #1688] Mon, 24 December 2012 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV
What this means to me, is that light can be anywhere and any when.

I know a few things about physics, and this statement is not correct. The fact that no time passes when you travel at the speed of light means the light does not experience any shift in time while traveling. It still takes time for the light to get from one place to another. Only to the beam of light is the trip instantaneous. Since there is no time passing, there is no time for the beam of light to observe anything or perceive anything. Nor does light travel backwards in time. In order to observe all things, we would have to transcend the laws of physics as we know them, because to us, nothing can be observed until the information travels from there to here, and never faster than the speed of light.

- Dragon
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1781 is a reply to message #1006] Sun, 30 December 2012 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Even though this thread has been around for a while, I have only been a member of it a short time and am just now gradually getting around to reading some of the things you discussed a long time ago.

I have some rambling thoughts about this thread I would like to share. Generally speaking, we are bound by our mortality to consider the extent of our existence in terms of the sphere of our own physicality. So scientists study the physical universe using all the various instruments that measure different physical energies, light, gravity, etc. and they base their conclusions upon those measurements. Then they apply their physical measurements to form theories based upon physical predictions. Then their imaginations get wild, as they presume, and imagine physical explanations for physical phenomena that they cannot prove. But its all pretty much based upon their physical paradigm.

My thoughts on this are that there are other dimensions beyond our inspection, understanding or imagination that mortal scientists will never approach or measure. 1 Corinthians 2:9 "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." is a comment repeated in the scriptures. 3 Nephi 26:18 says "And many of them saw and heard unspeakable things, which are not lawful to be written." By unspeakable things, many assume they were just to special to repeat, but this could also be understood to mean they saw and heard things for which their is no physical explanation possible.

As an example, the scriptures state that the heavens will be rolled back as a scroll. Revelations 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places." Searching on this verse just now, I was amused to see the attempts to explain in our physical terms and understanding. People surmised of a black hole, galactic core burst, vortex, worm-hole, wrinkle in space-time continuum, etc. There is no physical explanation for this vis-a-vis our physical model of the universe.

Another example. I have read where people "died" for a few minutes, but their spirits enjoyed what seemed like years of experiences in the spirit world before they returned to their body. Concepts of time in the spirit world just don't correlate to our concepts of time. Our time measurement is based upon physical creation; we don't know how time works in the spiritual world, if at all.

I recall something I read in Hugh Nibley's book, Temple and Cosmos, that fascinated me and fits in with my ramblings here. Page 277-279 relates how Abraham was taken in the spirit by an angel and shown how matter is 're-tooled' to be used again. It is such a fantastic experience for Abraham that he is fearful, because it exceeds his imagination. He fears he is losing his mind. It becomes so intense that even the angel who is his guide becomes fearful as well.

Also at page 283, the apostles ask the Lord if they could view the transition and purification of matter from an old state to its new state in the process of "creation." The Lord tells them it would disturb their minds too much to view it. It is beyond their capacity to see without hurting them, making them go mad.
Page 285 talks about the eternal nature of world-making, and how there are worlds innumberable. There is a lot of good reading in that chapter!

What I'm getting at is that this book explains that only God had enough knowledge and power to create (organize) matter into a form of solidity and permanence that served His eternal purposes. He organized this universe and world the same as he organized countless others, out of chaos. But in so doing, He set limits and bounds upon matter so that it would be cohesive and understandable to mankind. However, God knows and understands the full extent of all the things that exist "outside" of our material universe; the things that are beyond our understanding. There is much more to know than we can imagine, and it is foolish for us to think we might understand those things before we are ready.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1793 is a reply to message #1781] Sun, 30 December 2012 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because we are bound by time, it appears to us that the light takes a definite amount of time to proceed from point A to point B at a constant velocity; however, in the Pearl of Great Price in Abraham, it becomes apparent that wherever two facts exist, there shall be one higher still. The speed of light is not constant, but is a continuum, depending upon the frequency or excitation thereof. This process is known as "quickening."

About creation, as I understand it: Chaos proceeds to Order based upon several principles;
1.) Self-Awareness, 2.) Communication, 3.) Gathering, 4.) Discerning and 5.) Order or Organization. God supervises and directs all of these things.

One can only perceive what one is or what one has been. One can only perceive where one is or where one has been. We are bound by our circumstances . . . that is, until the bright and perfect day when the Day Star shall arise in our hearts and All shall be revealed.

It will be more than "magic, smoke and mirrors," but shall be "reality, clarity, and windows" by which we All shall see.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 December 2012 16:35]

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1919 is a reply to message #1408] Fri, 11 January 2013 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing solid on this subject is the word of the Spirit.

A family member of mine told me this week he had the chance to personally ask a general authority this very question. The answer he gave is the same you will find from many general authorities. There is only one Savior required for all time and across the entire Universe or whatever you use to describe existence. There is no scripture, conference talk, or doctrine while clearly states the existence of another Messiah performing another Atonement. All the quotes above declaring doctrine of multiple Atonements are speculation. Thus, only the Holy Ghost can clarify this issue as anything beyond what the G.A.'s say.

- Dragon
Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #1962 is a reply to message #1006] Mon, 14 January 2013 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As is so often the case, I think of things I have read but don't have the time to do research to document them. I remember reading recently that Jesus Christ redeems all of the workmanship of His creations. That certainly includes every one and every thing on this world. It may also include other worlds and their inhabitants. We don't know the extent of the creations made by Jesus Christ. But assuming that there are other spheres (universes) that were created by Beings other than Jesus Christ, then we can probably assume that those creations would be redeemed by their own Creator. So the answer to the question of whether Jesus Christ redeemed all people everywhere, depends on the sphere of creation you have in mind.

On a related note: The problem with us trying to understand the extent of God's creations, is we try to view and consider them from our temporal, Telestial, fallen perspective. Its like trying to prove the existence of electrons using Legos. I believe there are aspects of creation that we simply have no way of conceiving. Take in point the description of the heavens being rolled back like a scroll at Christ's second coming. We really don't have any way of explaining what is going on there! There is something at work that is beyond our ability to understand or explain.

Ryan

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #2058 is a reply to message #1006] Tue, 22 January 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few words of cosmology are in order to appreciate our position with respect to Heavenly Father's creations. We begin by reading the following scripture:

(Moses 7:35-37.)

35 Behold, I am God; Man of Holiness is my name; Man of Counsel is my name; and Endless and Eternal is my name, also.
36 Wherefore, I can stretch forth mine hands and hold all the creations which I have made; and mine eye can pierce them also, and among all the workmanship of mine hands there has not been so great wickedness as among thy brethren.
37 But behold, their sins shall be upon the heads of their fathers; Satan shall be their father, and misery shall be their doom; and the whole heavens shall weep over them, even all the workmanship of mine hands; wherefore should not the heavens weep, seeing these shall suffer?

It is important to note that the Heavenly Father speaks of ALL the creations of His hands and the heavens (plural) which shall weep because of what transpired, transpires and will transpire on this earth. The conclusion that can be drawn from this reference is that this earth is the most wicked and fallen of all Heavenly Father's creations.

(2 Nephi 10:3.)

3 Wherefore, as I said unto you, it must needs be expedient that Christ--for in the last night the angel spake unto me that this should be his name--should come among the Jews, among those who are the more wicked part of the world; and they shall crucify him--for thus it behooveth our God, and there is none other nation on earth that would crucify their God.

We can surmise from this previous scripture that the Savior was sent amoung the more wicked part of the most wicked of Heavenly Father's creations; that there was no other nation on earth (of all of Heavenly Father's creations) that would crucify their God.

(Moses 1:32-39.)

32 And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth.
33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.
34 And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many.
35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.
36 And it came to pass that Moses spake unto the Lord, saying: Be merciful unto thy servant, O God, and tell me concerning this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, and also the heavens, and then thy servant will be content.
37 And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine.
38 And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come, and there is no end to my works, neither to my words.
39 For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

This earth; this creation, is the only one to which the worst of the worst and the best of the best spirits have been sent. Here is the great battleground of the war in heaven. Here you will find the most valiant and the most vulgar.

The question before this forum is whether there shall be other Saviors of other worlds or earths. It is my opinion that there will be others who will be after the order of the Son of God; after the order of the Only Begotten of the Father, but none who will be Him. There is only One who is the Best of the Best, the others will do what they have seen their Father do on worlds that will be the most wicked of His creations.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2013 12:14]

Re: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds? [message #2059 is a reply to message #1006] Tue, 22 January 2013 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Former Portland Oregon temple president, Brother Cottle, wrote a fascinating little book on the facsimiles contained in the Book of Abraham.
Critics of the Book of Abraham claim that the facsimilies are just examples taken from Egyptian Book of Breathings or Book of the Dead and that Joseph Smith just slapped his own interpretation onto the Egyptian's works. Brother Cottle noted how Abraham drew his facsimilies after the style of the Egyptians, but they contain many significant differences introduced by Abraham himself, not the way the Egyptians typically drew such things. The differences all support the fact that Abraham was teaching higher truths than the Egyptians understood. Brother Cottle also noted how very symbolic the drawings are. It was an excellent treatise on the deeper meanings of the drawings.

Ryan

Previous Topic: The Essay of Controversy - Resolving Conflict
Next Topic: The Adam God Theory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:28:24 MDT 2024