Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » Colors
Colors [message #803] Thu, 02 August 2012 09:23 Go to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
Back when I was in martial arts, I reached a point that during meditation I would see colors.

The first color that I saw was red. It was the most brilliant, vibrant and beautiful red color. As I was outdoors in the sun I just thought "Oh it is the bright sunlight and I am seeing the blood in my eyelids." But as I thought this the color faded to a grey, and then became the most beautiful green color. There was no image, but it was not imagination either. It was as if someone had placed a piece of brilliantly colored poster board six inches in front of my eyes, illuminated with bright light.

During the last year or so of my martial arts study, I got to the point that I could decide on a color, and I would see that color. This only happened a few times, that I had full control. The colors that I saw were red, green, orange, blue, purple. Each were an almost indescribaly beautiful hue of the respective color. Oh and also when "switching" between colors grey seemed to be a transition color.

This was all several years ago, and I seem to have lost the ability since I left martial arts. But then this last Sunday, I said a quick prayer as I was leaving to home teach. As I was praying, I got flooded with the red color and felt the spirit strongly. I had two WONDERFUL visits with my families. We did not even get to the prepared message.

So, my question is, what could this possibly mean (if anything) and what use is such a gift, if it is one? I personally find the experiences immensely enjoyable and pleasant, but I am at a loss what it could mean, or how it could be of any use.

My first two thoughts that it might have to do with either auras or chakras, but neither one of those seems right. Any other ideas? (This only EVER occurs with eyes closed).

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: Colors [message #806 is a reply to message #803] Thu, 02 August 2012 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Denryu,

I have a good friend that sees spirits even more than I do. She also sees colors coming from them, and she has determined that it can tell her more about the spirit she is seeing. For example, she sees red when the spirit is angry or evil, and a lot of them emit blues/greens. She sees colors related to people at times too. When she first met my little boy, she took me aside, and said that he had a brilliant white glowing from him. (You know he has Down's Syndrome.)

I know another man from South America who sees the same things. He is such a sweet, kind man, and he joined the church a few years back because of this gift. He said that the reason he even investigated the church, is because he was working security when President Hinkley was at a large event in his country. He said he saw him from across the crowd and he emitted a bright white, and he had never seen a person who had such a bright, pure glow around them. He wanted to know who this man was and why his color was white. So he found out who he was, and that he led the LDS church at the time. He decided that he wanted to know more about the church this man led and that it must be something good for him to have such a pure light around him. He and his entire family joined the church and have since been sealed in the Temple as a family.

I believe our spiritual eyes can see things we are not familiar with, and that the veil is thinner for us all in different areas. It seems that maybe you have this gift and can see glimpses of this spiritual light.

~Jules
Re: Colors [message #807 is a reply to message #806] Thu, 02 August 2012 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jules,

I appreciate your thoughts. The thing is, what I see is not associated with a person or a place. The color is not localized, my entire field of vision is filled with this color. And it is not associated with any particular emotion such as anger, although i do get a different "sense" from each such as red is very warming and energetic, the green is cool, relaxing and full of life - the other colors have their own feel but are harder to explain.

So I do not think it is anything like auras. It MAY be related to chakras, but I get a negative feeling (as in WRONG ANSWER!) when I consider that as well. And I don;t really have any other ideas and hoped someone could think of other possibilities for me to consider.

The cosest thing I see that is like an aura is sometimes I see something like an area of "heat haze" or "shimmering air" which is usually over a person's head in testimony meeting or sometimes as a separate personage in the temple (i.e. it is not associated to a mortal). Those I understand pretty well, I think. In some cases I feel that they are similar to the "tongues of flame" witnessed at Pentecost, or I ahve been impressed that occasionally they are glimpes that I get thru the veil, or when the spirit is strong with a person, and are associated with a spiritual presence. So they are not the aura of a person, it is more like I am seeing the aura of a spirit person, if that makes sense. I have also once or twice seen this effect very clearly when a person was using "Ki".

Re: Colors [message #809 is a reply to message #807] Thu, 02 August 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Denryu,
A quick google search on your query led me to: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2067

I read a few of their responses, and they are talking about the same thing you are. The way I would translate the concepts which resonate with me is as follows:

When meditating, you are expanding your awareness to include more than just sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. You are experiencing energies which your physical body has no way of processing. So your spirit translates them into something useful which your mind can comprehend and learn to interpret. For you, and many others, it is colors corresponding to various kinds of energy. For others, they see geometric patterns, even to the level of seeing Mandalas. My own guided meditation years ago led me to see my own chakras as spinning geometric shapes with multiples of twelve sides, etc. The best advice I can give is to determine what type of energy each experience corresponds to. Some people have learned to see these with their eyes open.

I wish every LDS Church member were open to such things. I often wish the Cultural Hall could be used for a Martial Arts AND Meditation class three times a week. Imagine a Stake calling as the Stake Martial Arts instructor! I can see so much value in that, but sadly understand why the church has not made it happen.

- Dragon
Re: Colors [message #810 is a reply to message #809] Thu, 02 August 2012 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow Dragon, thank you! That link was incredibly helpful, and even some accurate descriptions of the colors I experienced.

One thing that I found interesting is Earth is my dominant element, and yet I never experienced the color brown which is associated with earth energy. But the colors that I saw I definitely agree with the explanations given on page three of that thread! Thank you so much for finding and sharing that.

Based on what I read on that thread, I am going to start meditating again, and try to get back to that point and beyond. Because I had a bit of that experience a few days ago, hopefully it will be like riding a bike and I can reach that level again soon.

Thank you again Dragon!

Also, regarding some of the stuff that you sent in the PM.
I do not think I was a Dragon in pre-existence. Maybe I was. But up until I returned home from my mission I was very much NOT a dragon. It was almost like I chose to be one and forced myself to become one. I don;t know if that is even possible in the context that you consider dragons. And in many ways I do feel that there were costs involved and I definitely had to give some things up, important things, to re-make myself. Or, on the other hand, it could be like in my poem that I sent you, and I was merely re-awakening to my true self.

Sometimes I do feel that the spirit is telling me that I had a job to do as the old me, unfinished business. On the other hand, there are potentials on this path that the old me would never have considered even possible.

Re: Colors [message #811 is a reply to message #810] Thu, 02 August 2012 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu,
Though this isn't the proper forum to discuss it, I will give a quick note here to say being a Dragon is part of who you are, not a simple choice you make. If you changed your core, essence, or true self as some call it, then you may become a Dragon, or cease to be one. It isn't easy to do, and you will lose and gain things as you shift from one form of true self to another. It is a rare soul indeed who can master more than one simultaneously.

- Dragon
Re: Colors [message #813 is a reply to message #809] Fri, 03 August 2012 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon wrote on Thu, 02 August 2012 16:06
I wish every LDS Church member were open to such things. I often wish the Cultural Hall could be used for a Martial Arts AND Meditation class three times a week. Imagine a Stake calling as the Stake Martial Arts instructor! I can see so much value in that, but sadly understand why the church has not made it happen.

Indeed. My martial arts instructor did consider his teaching as his church calling. He did not charge for his classes, probably dedicated in excess of 20 hours per week to teaching in addition to continuing his own study and practise.

I learned so much, not just through meditation but thru the use of koans. I don't know if you are familiar or if they were used in your art, but it is a Buddhist practice of asking a seemingly nonsense question. Sometimes there is a "right" answer, but more often it was an exercise in teaching the student to look for meaning within the apparently meaningless. Perhaps the most well-known is "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" which my sensei expanded to include "when do you hear it and why?"

I worked that question over for six months, returning to discuss with my instructor every few weeks. He never gave anything away (which in itself held a valuable lesson!) His feedback was usually "You are on the right track, but you are not there yet." or "Hmmm, that is interesting. I had not thought of that. Thank you for teaching me something." or rarely "That is a useful insight, but not on the right track".

One thing I learned is he could have "taught" me the correct answer in 20 seconds. But I would have learned NOTHING. Which is why I cannot give the answer to the above, and if one looks up an answer on Google they are robbing themselves.

I also found that if there was a scripture that I felt I wasn;t understanding properly, I could take the same technique for some truly great results. I usually came to understand a scripture that I "worked thru" in this way better than almost any other.

The East was definitely given their own light and knowledge which we would be wise to learn from. Not to displace the Gospel, of course - but it is not always either/or.

Re: Colors [message #815 is a reply to message #813] Fri, 03 August 2012 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was curious what the internet had to say about one hand clapping, and I can share this without giving anything away.

And I found it pretty funny - and yet also even in this story something of value that we can all apply.

Quote:

Suiwo, the disciple of Hakuin, was a good teacher. During one summer seclusion period, a pupil came to him from a southern island of Japan.

Suiwo gave him the problem: "Hear the sound of one hand."

The pupil remained three years but could not pass this test. One night he came in tears to Suiwo. "I must return south in shame and embarrassment," he said, "for I cannot solve my problem."

"Wait one week more and meditate constantly," advised Suiwo. Still no enlightenment came to the pupil. "Try for another week," said Suiwo. The pupil obeyed, but in vain.

"Still another week." Yet this was of no avail. In despair the student begged to be released, but Suiwo requested another meditation of five days. They were without result. Then he said: "Meditate for three days longer, then if you fail to attain enlightenment, you had better kill yourself."

On the second day the pupil was enlightened.

Very Happy

Re: Colors [message #816 is a reply to message #815] Fri, 03 August 2012 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

The answer that first came to me was PEACE AND QUIET!

~Jules
Re: Colors [message #817 is a reply to message #816] Sat, 04 August 2012 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, that's where you will find the answer. And there is no set right answer.

Re: Colors [message #818 is a reply to message #803] Sat, 04 August 2012 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

So what you are saying is: "Grasshopper, you need to try again to snatch the pebble from my hand"....? Rolling Eyes

~Jules
Re: Colors [message #819 is a reply to message #818] Sat, 04 August 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"There is no [pebble]." Laughing

Re: Colors [message #1999 is a reply to message #803] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
One city I used to live in actually did offer self defense classes to women in the church! It was taught by an FBI agent who was a church member. I used to go running on my lunch breaks while in grad school and his office was close by so we ended up running together a lot. My wife took some of his self defense classes.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Colors [message #2000 is a reply to message #803] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
We knew a sister in our ward who was an adult convert to the church. She had become inactive shortly after her baptism and did not have much to do with the church for many years. My wife was her visiting teacher. Typical for my wife, she immediately formed a deep and strong friendship with this woman and did a lot to help her become reactivated and committed to receiving her endowments. One gift she had was that she could see people's auras. She never interpreted them to us, even though we asked. She would just say, "It is what it is!" My wife's aura would change a lot. She has Multiple Sclerosis and I think her aura changed day to day depending on how she was feeling. But this sister always said my aura was steady and never changed. It was a bright, light blue. I tried to get her to tell me what that meant, if anything. She never told me. She just smiled and nodded her head and seemed very approving of it, whatever it meant. She once said something about it (or I) was very steady and dependable.

I have always wondered if my aura appears the same to everyone who sees them. Or does one person see blue while another one sees green? My wife went to a store here that practices a lot of new age stuff, looking for some essential oils. She asked the owner if he sees auras, and he said he did. He said her aura was orange. That got her upset. She's never had an orange aura in her life (according to our friend) so she thinks this guy doesn't know what he was talking about.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2013 14:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Colors [message #2020 is a reply to message #803] Thu, 17 January 2013 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iWitness
My husband and I can both see auras. My husband was born with the ability. However, I've had to learn. If my third eye is open, I can see them, too. It's really neat. I've noticed when I'm able to see them, I almost feel like I'm floating. It's a strange and simple gift. I love it. Denryu seems to be talking about something a little different, but it's probably the same idea of auras and third eyes. (:
Re: Colors [message #2024 is a reply to message #2020] Thu, 17 January 2013 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The colors I see are not auras (unless it is my own) but I don't think so.

I've mentioned elsewhere that I sometimes see spiritual manifestations related to people, but I don't think those are auras either. What I see looks like a heat haze that I sometimes see over a person's head when they are bearing testimony. I can't make it happen - I have strongly felt the spirit during a testimony and yet not seen it; I have also sometimes seen it not associated to a person - often in the temple and sometimes in our home. My belief is that when I see that it is either a spirit, or a spiritual energy. the reason I say spiritual energy is I once saw the effect powerfully when my martial arts instructor was "flowing ki" through the palms of his hands. It also makes sense to me that what I see over people's heads is spiritual energy entering the person through the crown chakra, or possibly even an 8th chakra that I have heard about which is above the head. I don't know.

Re: Colors [message #3509 is a reply to message #803] Thu, 26 November 2015 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariposa is currently offline  mariposa
Is there a specific type of martial arts that is more spiritually focused than others? We want our kids to take classes and to learn about the techniques being described here in this thread, is it a specific kind or do all martial arts have a spiritual emphasis?
Re: Colors [message #3515 is a reply to message #3509] Fri, 18 December 2015 01:01 Go to previous message
Almost all martial arts academies will let you watch and/or participate in a class for free to learn more about them. You can also ask the instructor what role spiritualism plays in their instruction.
Also, you should know that even the most spiritually minded instruction won't bring an unwilling student to have more spiritual experiences. If you want these experiences for yourself, learn to meditate, and then do it three to four times a week after strenuous workouts. Until you achieve black belt, that's all that most martial arts instruction will give you.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: ANOTHER Vision of Darkness
Next Topic: A Blessing of Grace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:13 MDT 2024