Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E
A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #766] Mon, 30 July 2012 07:50 Go to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
As I have reflected on my life, I am truly amazed at how blessed I have been and the many times throughout my life that I have received a miracle or some other strong witness from the Lord.

My first memory was of a dream when I was 4 years old and being told that I could accomplish anything - ANYTHING - if I believed strongly enough in it. I spent the entire day the next day outside flapping my arms believing that if I only believed hard enough, that I could fly! That also was a lesson, and years later I did fly, soloing in a Cessna. Smile

I also had negative spiritual experiences at an early age as I have shared in another post.

When I was about 7, my sister and I were hitting golf balls in a football field. A friend of mine came and we took turns. My sister felt like he wasn't sharing enough and ran up behind him as he swung back, hitting her in the face and knocking a tooth out (we didn't know that she had lost a tooth, her face was quite a mess.) We ran her home and to the doctor, who said if we could find the tooth it could be re-implanted. We went and searched for a long time, but I could not remember where we were when it happened. As we were getting ready to leave, I said a quick prayer and begged the Lord to help us find the tooth. As I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was something about 40 feet away which my first thought was "that can't be it, that is much too large to be a tooth!" But I went over to it and it was.

The tooth was re-implanted, but it had been out for too long and eventually fell out again. I did learn several things from the experience, though. First, PRAY FIRST, do not wait to pray until it is a last resort. And secondly, I don;t think I ever worried about or prayed that the tooth would successfully be re-implanted. I am sure that I thanked the Lord when we found it, but I doubt that it was as strong of a thank you as the request. I certainly don't believe the Lord caused her to lose her tooth to teach me a lesson; but I do think that the entire episode was a learning experience for myself as well as many others that witnessed it.

I also had a health issue which I worried would keep me from serving a mission. This had been a lifelong problem, which disappeared completely the day I took out my endowment.

I have not always followed promptings, and this has also been a learning experience. I was told very clearly not to take a job, but I convinced myself that it was just nerves about a new change and I took the job. The pay increase was "too good to turn down". Many negative things happened due to taking that job, the least of which was being laid off slightly over two years later. This was over ten years ago and I still repent and regret that decision.

One thing that I have always felt would be the greatest blessing would be to see the Lord in the flesh. I have always had this as a personal goal or wish even before I had heard of the doctrine of C&E made sure.

I have had numerous other experiences that I hope over time I can share many more with you wonderful folks. I hope that even though they are lesser experiences than what many here have experienced, I hope that all can be uplifted and in some way aided by my sharing of these things.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #771 is a reply to message #766] Mon, 30 July 2012 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should also mention how I came to this forum - I am Original Intent on LDSFF. I go by that name on forums that I consider more focused on politics, because I feel the most important thing we should do in the political sphere is to return to the constitution as it was intended by those who wrote it.

Denryu is much more my spiritual side and a more complete persona of who I really am. I hope it was not bad form to just show up and start posting without an invite.

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #774 is a reply to message #771] Mon, 30 July 2012 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Thank you for sharing your experiences and more about yourself!

Please do not feel that your experiences are lesser in any way. Our experiences are all building blocks. Some here have started sharing some of their "pinnacle experiences", those experiences which are higher up on their buildings, but these experiences are founded on similar ones to those which you have shared. They are shared in hopes that others will gain faith in the possibilities of what all can experience.

And, I expect that as time goes on, more of the foundational experiences will come out from others as well.

I am interested in what Denryu means to you... Can you share more about why you selected that name?

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #775 is a reply to message #774] Mon, 30 July 2012 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu - a long story that I typed up one night in a PM to Dragon at something like 2 a.m. It's a long story and filled pages and pages. And when I tried to submit it, the forum had logged me out and it was lost. And I wasn;t up to typing it all again.

The short version is that it is Japanese for "Electric Dragon" (Which is how I got in the PM conversation with Dragon in the first place).

It has to do with my time studying martial arts. It was a name that was given to me during meditation. I also "saw" my dragon. Hard to explain as it is not a pet, it is me. Somewhat like a native American totem. I also saw my instructor's dragon at the time. Even though I have known many martial artists in my life, he is the only person that I have met that I KNOW is a dragon.

His dragon and mine are quite opposite, and he often told me that he felt like I was his "balance" - he tended to be more on the aggressive/impulsive side and I tended much more to the contemplative/strategic.

But like I said - LONG story. I need to get it in my journal, when I do I will send you a PM if you like. Really doubtful it would hold interest for most. Very Happy

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #776 is a reply to message #775] Mon, 30 July 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BringerOfJoy is currently offline  BringerOfJoy
Hi, Denryu-OI:-).
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #778 is a reply to message #766] Mon, 30 July 2012 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Denryu
One thing that I have always felt would be the greatest blessing would be to see the Lord in the flesh.

This is also something I have prayed for year to achieve. While I have met the Lord in vision, and I feel His Spirit near me often, the physical presence of the Savior eludes me. This week, He asked me, "Do you know what you are asking?" He then reminded me of Moses.
Numbers 17:6-8
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

What am I to conclude but that I was asking God to become as Moses, higher than a prophet. Am I truly ready to be a God? As this question was posed so recently, I have yet to determine my reply.

- Dragon
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #804 is a reply to message #778] Thu, 02 August 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't prayed for it as I am not ready. If it were to happen, I don't get the impression that it would make me anything for anyone else. I get an assurance that this is possible and is something that I may experience in this life. But I am far from prepared.

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #805 is a reply to message #778] Thu, 02 August 2012 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Dragon wrote on Mon, 30 July 2012 14:05
Denryu
One thing that I have always felt would be the greatest blessing would be to see the Lord in the flesh.

This is also something I have prayed for year to achieve. While I have met the Lord in vision, and I feel His Spirit near me often, the physical presence of the Savior eludes me. This week, He asked me, "Do you know what you are asking?" He then reminded me of Moses.
Numbers 17:6-8
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

What am I to conclude but that I was asking God to become as Moses, higher than a prophet. Am I truly ready to be a God? As this question was posed so recently, I have yet to determine my reply.

Would receiving your Second Comforter make you a God? It seems clear that the relationship Moses had with the Lord was much more than what it would be with someone who had just received their Second Comforter, and even someone who had spoken with the Savior more than once. I may just be naive, but what you are saying here implies that there are members of this forum who have already reached Godhood - because of the fact alone, that they have received their SC. Wouldn't there be more to it than that one factor?

Amonhi spoke of tests of Godhood required too - such as the example of the test with Abraham and Isaac. Abraham had received his C&E, he clearly had a relationship with God, but he was not a God himself - he was still "testing" for that.

~Jules
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #808 is a reply to message #805] Thu, 02 August 2012 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP,
These are excellent questions, and I admit I do not have the answers to all of them. What I know is what I have experienced. I received the Second Comforter long ago, and continue to learn what that means and how rare it really is. I grew up speaking directly with God, and thought this was everyone's experience when feeling the Spirit. Thanks to this forum, I have come to see how sacred and valuable it is to speak with Jesus the way most people speak with the Holy Ghost. Since the Holy Ghost is the first comforter, I have come to understand the Second Comforter doesn't replace the first, but adds to it. The Holy Ghost is still present, to witness of the truth I receive from the Second Comforter.

From this perspective, then, my request to see the Lord in the Flesh may result in seeing Him each time I pray, just as I feel Him near me when I pray with real intent. If I did see Jesus face to face every morning, instead of merely feel Him near, would that not make me like unto Moses, or at least traveling down that path?

Now, as to your direct question, does receiving the Second Comforter make a person a God? I think the answer is clearly no. Is there a difference between receiving the Lord in the Flesh and receiving the Second Comforter? I would have to say yes. Some people receive the Second Comforter through a physical visit by the Savior, but I believe the majority of those who have the Second Comforter received Him through a vision or a dream. As quoted above, prophets have visions and dreams, but Gods see Jesus face to face (or a better English translation might be see Jesus Eye to Eye).

- Dragon
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #976 is a reply to message #766] Fri, 24 August 2012 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zephyr is currently offline  zephyr
Denryu wrote on Mon, 30 July 2012 09:50

One thing that I have always felt would be the greatest blessing would be to see the Lord in the flesh. I have always had this as a personal goal or wish even before I had heard of the doctrine of C&E made sure.

Just to be clear, Joseph Smith taught that C&E opens the door to the Second Comforter. They are not usually the same event.
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1222 is a reply to message #771] Wed, 10 October 2012 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimiwill
Hello Denru,

It is wonderful to join a Forum with names that I recognize. Okay, I joined a while back but just started reading through everything and becoming familiar with this awesome Forum.

BTW, I too believe in the "Original Intent" for the Constitution, but my faith in our political/judicial system is not great. Thus, I have given up on politics and solely seek the spiritual at this point in my life.

You are probably ahead of me in your quest to receive the Second Comforter, but it is a quest that I likewise desire to finish in the flesh.

Dimi
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1238 is a reply to message #1222] Wed, 10 October 2012 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I hope you don't mind if I still refer to you as 0I Smile Im just used to it now. But thanks for sharing those things. Its funny because when you first started posting I actually thought you as denryu reminded me of 0I on ldsff. I am happy to see you here on these forums. Smile Those are some pretty great experiences and lessons. And Dragon I have visited with Christ in dreams before but I never considered that to be the second comforter. Actually, one of the times... Im not sure what to call it because I did go to sleep but while my body was sleeping my spirit left my body and I talked with Christ. As soon as the encounter was over my spirit slammed back in my body rather quickly and roughly and I jolted awake and immediately started writing down the things I could remember with a pen and paper I had on the table beside me. I happened to be sleeping on my stomach that time but I remember my body physically jumping kind of and it woke me up immediately. Most of the things I had been taught I could not remember. Only part of it because I knew I would forget everything so I made myself repeat the last part of it over and over in my mind so I would not forget.

There are other times where I have been taught in the spirit while sleeping but that time I knew for sure I had left my body. Im not sure what you would call that but I have never considered that to be the second comforter.
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1271 is a reply to message #1238] Wed, 17 October 2012 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a great learning experience in dream the night before last. I saw/felt that even the most united couples on earth are just getting the faintest glimpse of the degree that we become one in the celestial kingdom. Master Yoda had it right "beings of light are we, not this crude matter". In dream I experienced the feeling of merging with another being of light, to feel the love of the other, to know that they completely and fully were feeling and experiencing my love as well. It was an inexplicable experience other than to say it was the greatest and purest joy that I can imagine - well at least on a similar level to having the Savior say "Thy sins are forgiven thee."

This was in no way a sexual joining, it was a complete merging, a "meeting of minds", complete trust, and there was equal joy in being perfectly known as well as in perfectly knowing the other. I did not get the impression that such merging was limited to husband and wife.

Great to see friends from LDSFF coming here, where we can feel comfortable sharing sacred experiences.

I will share another recent experience that was incredible. I began to share it on LDSFF, but felt constrained not to.

My wife has had severe nerve pain issues for a couple of years. I was recently prompted that on my next visit to the temple that I would be told what we needed to do for her. We have also both been told that she would be cured miraculously and that it would be a testimony to many. I had thought that it would be by a miraculous priesthood blessing, and she has had the same impression - but I feel that this experience is the beginning of our miracle, and that it may be a lot more subtle and "easily explained away" than I had thought.

So I had been prompted about three Saturdays ago to go to the temple, but I got busy on other projects. When I realized that I was not going to get to the temple, I felt that possibly I had "really screwed up." But I prayed to the Lord and was told that if I would go to the temple on Tuesday, all would be well.

I did, and after I did the endowment session, I waited for some time in the celestial room for my answer. Although I felt that I was where I needed to be, no answer came.

After about 20 minutes I got the feeling "Go do sealings. NOW!" I immediately got up and went to the sealing office, two older couples were waiting also. Within about 30 seconds, the sealer arrived and took us to a sealing room. He noticed what appeared to be a stain on the area that you kneel around the altar, and so he took us to a sealing room where live sealings are nomrally performed.

We did some sealings of couples and some with me acting as son being sealed to parents. Then the sealer (Brother Hyde) suggested that we seal some daughters to parents and asked one couple to come forward and act as parents, and the sister from the other couple to come forward and proxy as daughter. This sister said that she would love to, but that she needed to be excused for a few minutes. (I am sorry for all of the detail, but it is important to seeing the miracle that unfolded).

After she left, you would expect we would have continued doing other sealings, but Brother Hyde suggested we take a break while we waited for the sister to return.

It turned out that the other couple knew Brother Hyde on a personal level, and the husband asked him how his wife, Sister Hyde was doing. Brother Hyde said that she was doing wonderful, and that they had her pain level down from about a "10" to about a "3". It was immediately confirmed to me that this was the promised answer (I guess in case I was dense or not paying attention!) I then asked for further information and Brother Hyde referred me to an accupuncturist in SLC. I also felt moved to share with them that I had been directed to the temple to find help for my wife's problems.

This may seem pretty mundane to the rest of you, as the person that experienced it, let me testify of the miraculous nature, the events that got all of the right people in the right place to have that conversation. What a blessing! And the story is not over yet....

This next part, I'll admit, casts me in a good light. Please understand that I do not boast of anything that I did, and what followed was an equally great blessing for me that I am so grateful to have been involved.

(continued in next post)

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1272 is a reply to message #1271] Wed, 17 October 2012 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So we set up an appointment with the doctor, and while Barbara was in with the doctor I was reading in the lobby. A couple comes in and talks to the receptionist, and she tells them that they take neither insurance nor Medicare. The couple says that they only have Medicare, and leaves. I am just peripherally aware of all this as I am pretty engrossed in my book. Then, a few minutes later, the door opens and the sister who had to leave (at the temple) comes in and says "I saw you sitting there and just had to say "Hi" and how much I enjoyed being your mother the other day!" And I say Hi, and it dawns on me that she was probably the person that I heard talking to the receptionist before. I ask her and she confirms that is the case.

And inside I am thinking "Man, this is terrible that I am unemployed, I would love to help this sister out, but I have limited funds and I don;t know how long it will need to last."

And I immediately get the prompting "You have the means to help this sister right now, you should not worry about the future. This is how Zion works, you have the means available, and you need to help this sister with this first visit."

I tell her this, and she knows that I am unemployed and she is not going to let me, but I say "No, sister, you don't understand, I am being told, right now, to do this." Just then my wife comes out from the doctor, and I am impressed that I should get my wife's support on this - so I introduce them and tell Barbara this is the woman who had to step out and made everything possible, and she needs help with her payment today, and my wife immediately agrees that she feels the same way.

Anyay, the sister just tears up, her husband comes back to see what is taking her so long, she tells him what is happening and he gets all choked up and we all have a big group hug, etc. just great feelings. The receptionist is the only one not crying and even she is touched. Anyway, just an awesome awesome experience and a great peek at how Zion will work. I was also prompted that I needn;t help them with any payments that they would find a way to do it, but the Lord was extending a test for me to follow directions. And indeed, on a later visit we did see this couple there again, and they had found means by selling some pumpkins from their property to pay for later visits. Turns out that she also had been suffering and HER husband had the prompting to go to the temple that day (she didn't want to due to being in pain). And she said that the first visit with this doctor had been so wonderful for her that her husband was also getting treated. Barbara ahsn;t had such quick results, but I have no doubt that this is what we should be doing and that it will lead to her being healed as we have been promised. We also ran into Sister Hyde at the office and told her the story, and she said to stick with it, that it took a few months for her to see the great results.

Anyway, since then, the doctor has shared the story with his ward (he is a member in his bishopric) and the sister and her husband have shared the story with their family. I have shared parts of the story with my family and now with all of you. It has been a sacred experience.

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1273 is a reply to message #1272] Wed, 17 October 2012 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Kevin, this is such an awesome story! Thank you for sharing it! I ready felt the spirit and it brought me to tears, especially when you talked about a Zion society. This story hits close to home in so many ways - living with often debilitating chronic pain myself, and being without insurance or a job.... I can relate to the trials. What an awesome demonstration of your faith that you were willing to help others and see that no matter how great your trials are, there is always someone with a greater need than yours. I am learning that! And a zion society knows that all things are God's anyway, and there should be no poor among us if we are living right. I pray that your wife will be able to overcome her pain, and that you will be provided with your needs! Smile

~Jules
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1283 is a reply to message #1273] Mon, 22 October 2012 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree. These are no mundane experiences OI. Rather, these are beautiful experiences carefully catered to your own personal needs and development. Smile
I think you are just where you need to be on your path.
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1302 is a reply to message #1272] Wed, 24 October 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Denryu,

Thank you for sharing these powerful and heart touching experiences. This is a beautiful example of how not only Zion will be, but how the CoFB functions today. It is difficult to explain how it works without using examples, and this is a perfect example. Notice all of the intricate orchestration of getting all the right people into the right place so that EVERYONE benefits.

This is how the CoFB is organized by the spirit without the hands of men. The stone rolling, cut from the mountain, ever growing as more and more people come to understand and follow the spiritual promptings they receive.

This being the case, why have you not yet received/accepted your C&E, I wonder... In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, I say to you, RECEIVE THE PROMISE!
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1303 is a reply to message #1302] Wed, 24 October 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Kevin, I want to add a second witness to what Amonhi has said. I've felt the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of things you have said to me via PM, and things you've said both here and at LDSFF. I also KNOW that these gifts and blessings have been extended to you, and I feel the spirit now as I type this. Ashley pointed out an awesome scripture that I want to share with you:

Quote:
33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift.

RECEIVE it, and then rejoice in that which has been given to you, and allow the Lord to rejoice that his son has received it!

~Jules
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1304 is a reply to message #1303] Wed, 24 October 2012 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I appreciate your vote of confidence, both of you.

It will happen. I have felt ready and a couple of times felt like I was on the "brink" of receiving it. I do appreciate your encouragement! I will again follow Amonhi's instruction to ask of the Lord for this blessing or for further instruction to prepare me to receive it.

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1309 is a reply to message #1304] Thu, 25 October 2012 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had some interesting struggles with the spirit tonight. One thing I am being told is a shortcomng is my lack of compassion. I don;t have it in me, yet, to pray for my enemies. At some of my low times, I don;t even wish my friends particularly well - not bad either, but let's just say my circle of light narrows down to me and those very closest to me and not much farther.

I do have some high points where I have great and marvelous experiences, but the impression I am getting is that I am still too unsteady or unreliable - I do have great moments of insight where I "get it" and I am blessed greatly but then I proceed to fall into error (is that what is meant by not receiving the gift, I wonder?)

I'm learning but I'm not living. I UNDERSTAND SO MUCH, but it is still theory, I am not experiencing it as it is intended.

For instance, I get that the temple endowment is simply a warm up, and I understand what the REAL endowment is (I think, and am pretty sure) but I still haven't received it! I want it! The spiritual ears are open and can hear, but the spiritual eyes are NOT opening and I don't know how to get them open!

Maybe I need to be consistently on a higher plane rather than ascending to a certain point, plateau, and then dropping again(?) I don't know that seems to be it.

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1310 is a reply to message #1309] Thu, 25 October 2012 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reading back thru this thread, it seems perhaps I am confusing Calling and Election with the 2nd Comforter. I thought that C&E made sure included a visitation from the Savior - now I understand that this isn't the case..

Was my experience of a few weeks ago, hearing the voice in my mind saying "My son, my son, thou art my son and thou will be blessed!" was that the calling and election? I had expected the words "you will receive exaltation" or "you will be exalted". Of course this was a special, sacred experience, but I don't believe it was my C&E. And I felt like it would be an experience that would remove all doubt.

I know God lives. I have seen enough that I cannot doubt it even if I wanted to. But knowing that God lives is NOT the same as KNOWING, nothing wavering, that I will receive exaltation.

If I am rejecting the gift or simply failing to receive what is offered to me, please help me to understand how to receive it!

Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1313 is a reply to message #1310] Thu, 25 October 2012 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu,
Looking back on my life, I was blessed with the Second Comforter before I knew what it was or what C&E really was. If you have already received your C&E, the Second Comforter is yours to access. This does not mean a physical appearance by the Savior for most people. Instead, it is another dimension to the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It is like graduating from feelings and impressions to interpreting those impressions into words. The best way to describe it is to say unless a person knows how to communicate with angels, they will only get impressions or feelings when an angel speaks to them. Once a person can truly speak with the tongue of angels, they can also hear what angels say. So it is with the Second Comforter. If you have that with you, then you know your C&E is Sure.

If you are not there yet, the best advice I can give is to ignore the question of worthiness for awhile. Focus on your desire and trust God will give you the blessing you seek. If you seek diligently, and worthiness is still an issue, you will be guided by the spirit on what you must yet do. Thus, ask God in faith to receive your C&E. You should either receive it, or be guided on what you yet lack.

- Dragon
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1316 is a reply to message #1310] Thu, 25 October 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu wrote on Thu, 25 October 2012 03:39
Reading back thru this thread, it seems perhaps I am confusing Calling and Election with the 2nd Comforter. I thought that C&E made sure included a visitation from the Savior - now I understand that this isn't the case..

Was my experience of a few weeks ago, hearing the voice in my mind saying "My son, my son, thou art my son and thou will be blessed!" was that the calling and election? I had expected the words "you will receive exaltation" or "you will be exalted". Of course this was a special, sacred experience, but I don't believe it was my C&E. And I felt like it would be an experience that would remove all doubt.

I know God lives. I have seen enough that I cannot doubt it even if I wanted to. But knowing that God lives is NOT the same as KNOWING, nothing wavering, that I will receive exaltation.

If I am rejecting the gift or simply failing to receive what is offered to me, please help me to understand how to receive it!

The term "Second Comforter", refers, usually, to a visit from Christ. It also refers to C&E (See D&C 88:1-5). However, Joseph Smith clearly taught that C&E opens the door for that Visit.

What was spoken to you sounds very similar to what was spoken to Enos and Nephi (Hel 10). You might want to ask God to clarify the matter.
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1317 is a reply to message #1316] Thu, 25 October 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu,

I just read the whole thread, thanks for sharing such a beautiful experience.

When you stated: Quote:
In dream I experienced the feeling of merging with another being of light, to feel the love of the other, to know that they completely and fully were feeling and experiencing my love as well. It was an inexplicable experience other than to say it was the greatest and purest joy that I can imagine

these verses come to mind:

And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.
(D&C 50:43)

And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one.
(3 Nephi 19:23)
Re: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E [message #1323 is a reply to message #1317] Fri, 26 October 2012 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OI...Let me be a third witness to these things that I have felt the same about you. That you have received you calling and election and only have need to accept it so that it can fully take affect in your life and profit you and those you will help. Of course, you HAVE to have your own witness that these things are true but these have been my feelings about you. Those words you heard are right there with many examples in the scriptures of others receiving thier c&e. Keep praying for a sure witness and you will get one. Smile I plan to share more of my story and the things I have learned since receiving my c&e and one of the things I have learned is that it is truly unbeleif that condemns us and holds us back more than any other thing. All we must do is "Look to God that we might Live." We must not doubt because it seems to easy that it won't save us. Or that it can't be true becasue we imagine its supposed to be HARD to GET your c&e. But its not something we earn through dead works or through sheer will power and trying vainly to perfect ourselves. He will bestow the gift on those who remember Him. Think about how far you have come and think about how often your mind is focused on Heavenly things. Let him be your judge. Smile

Also, a lot of the things you are saying are things I felt too right before I accepted mine. I think we all go through a similar process.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 00:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: The Miracle of Love
Next Topic: A Bottle of Medicine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:01:59 MDT 2024