Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » Hummingbird
Hummingbird [message #751] Sun, 29 July 2012 06:18 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc
Hello. I am new to the forum. I met Amonhi on another forum months ago. He invited me to join this forum. After a stumbling block or two, I am finally getting around to joining. Thank you, Amonhi. As there is no other misc. forum where I can introduce myself, I felt it appropriate to do so here with a page from my journal.

May 6, 2008

Today while working on my yard and trying to fix my sprinkler system, I was startled by the flapping wings of a hummingbird above me in my garage. The poor little thing couldn't find its way out and hovered all over the ceiling as it tried to find a way up or out. I thought about how I could get it out, but it was very fast moving. I tried to gently guide it out with my snow shovel but I just ended up scaring it. I was really concerned that I wouldn't be able to safely let it out of my garage. I decided to take a more positive approach. I prayed earnestly in my heart that the Lord would let me just get it with my hand and take it out. I really wanted this little creature to make it out unharmed and this is the only way I could think of to make sure I didn't hurt it.

Lo and behold the little fella perched itself on the wires of my garage door opener above my car and it looked at me. I slowly climbed up on the hood of my car hoping not to scare it. I then climbed up slowly to the top of my car and it still stood there looking at me, not moving. Believe it or not I reached up past the garage door motor and it still did not move. I wrapped my hand around its little body and carefully pulled its tiny feet from the wire with my other hand. I was elated as I looked at the little guy just barely poking its head through my fingers. It was so small. I carefully climbed back down my car and walked outside and released it.

What a wonderful experience that was! I was thankful that God answered my prayer and I know that He cares about all of His creatures, even as tiny as a hummingbird. I know that anything that we ask of God is granted us, if it is expedient in Him.

I still remember peering into my closed fist at its tiny head and watching it look back at me. It was a beautiful iridescent green. I will never forget the feeling that as mindful as the Lord is of all His creatures, He is even quite mindful of little ol' me.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 July 2012 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hummingbird [message #752 is a reply to message #751] Sun, 29 July 2012 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Very Happy Hey coachmarc! Glad to see you here!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful introduction post. I love humming birds and recognize that they are "flighty". lol, Timid little creatures. I couldn't imagine holding one.

What a miracle and sweet answer to your prayer.

Thank you for sharing.
Re: Hummingbird [message #754 is a reply to message #751] Sun, 29 July 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the group, Coach.

- Dragon
Re: Hummingbird [message #765 is a reply to message #754] Mon, 30 July 2012 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc
Thank you Dragon and Amonhi.
Re: Hummingbird [message #1223 is a reply to message #751] Wed, 10 October 2012 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimiwill
Hello Latter-day Lamanite,

I really like your blog although I have not yet taken the time yet to tell you so. I remember that hummingbird story from September 28 or whenever you originally posted it.

Your comments have also got my mind racing. It is always amazing to me the memories that touch our hearts the most and that we remember for the longest periods of time.

Dimi
Re: Hummingbird [message #1699 is a reply to message #1223] Sat, 22 December 2012 15:00 Go to previous message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Wow. I would love to be able to experience a gift like that. Thanks for sharing coachmarc. Smile
Previous Topic: A Bottle of Medicine
Next Topic: New Shoes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:41:11 MDT 2024