Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Physics of the Plan of Salvation (Discussion of purified matter and physical nature of God)
The Physics of the Plan of Salvation [message #22] Sat, 12 June 2010 08:30 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
1 In all honesty, I think this is what the Sunday School teacher meant about what he didn't understand. Elohim is a man of flesh and bones with light in his veins. When we lived with him in the preexistence, we were made of a form of matter that is not well understood in this world. I have heard scientists say if a finer form of matter were to be in this existence, it would be able to pass through 'normal' matter and be able to affect it at the same time. Thus is spiritual matter for unembodied spirits.
2 When Adam and Eve were created, they were of flesh and bones, but were not mortal. Their DNA was probably perfect, containing all the traits of humanity that would descend from them. It was not until they partook of the fruit that their bodies were changed into mortal beings bestowed with flesh and blood.
3 Certainly they were creatures of the flesh, but of blood I do not know. Having thus been changed, they could no longer partake of the Tree of Life without becoming exalted, having lost their innocence. They could not remain in the Garden of Eden, for the garden requires purity of heart. Thus it will only return when we become a people who are pure in heart. Thus were they driven out.
4 Christ's physical makeup is a mystery to me. Certainly he had flesh and bone and blood. But in what way did He physically differ from mortals?
5 I know He had the power to remain alive if He chose. He also had the power to lay down His life if He chose. It is my opinion, unsubstantiated by a witness, that the blood allowed death, while the light of God in his veins allowed for immortality. He died and the blood was purged from His system. Then His spirit restored the light to His veins and He was exalted.
6 Because of the atonement, those who had been waiting to have their sins redeemed were resurrected shortly after Jesus was. His work in Spirit Prison allowed for people to repent, and thus it was permissible for the spirits in paradise to proselyte to those in prison.

- Dragon

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2010 10:00] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Physics of the Plan of Salvation [message #2634 is a reply to message #22] Sun, 04 August 2013 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elejian is currently offline  Elejian
Quote:
5 I know He had the power to remain alive if He chose. He also had the power to lay down His life if He chose. It is my opinion, unsubstantiated by a witness, that the blood allowed death, while the light of God in his veins allowed for immortality. He died and the blood was purged from His system.

So perhaps symbolically speaking, the shedding of His blood was required for at least 2 reasons:

1. The weight of the sins (&/or consequences of sins) of humanity squeezed that light from Him in Gethsemane, allowing Him to be able to physically die.

2. We couldn't get that light any other way. Every week we symbolically eat His flesh (in an attempted spiritual transplantation to incorporate His nature) and drink His blood (in an attempted spiritual blood transfusion). We would like our fallen, mortal blood to be replaced by His living water of eternal life.
Re: The Physics of the Plan of Salvation [message #2638 is a reply to message #22] Wed, 07 August 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
I have felt for awhile now that Gethsemane was essential in bringing about Christ's death on the cross. I feel as if He did needed to be weakened being that His physical body was created from perfect immortal Father and a mortal mother. Nice thoughts, thanks!
Re: The Physics of the Plan of Salvation [message #2644 is a reply to message #2638] Thu, 08 August 2013 07:16 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
For Jesus, death was a choice. He had the power to get Himself off the cross. Gethsemane was where Jesus made the choice to put the will of the Father before His own will. Was his body weakened by the experience? Yes. He went through a physical ordeal which would have killed any lesser man. Did he still have the power to live had he so chosen? Yes. He chose to sacrifice His body so we could all be resurrected.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: Judas - a Son of Perdition, or not?
Next Topic: Be ye therefore perfect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:05:57 MDT 2024