Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Communing with Loved Ones Beyond the Grave » Our only Hope
Our only Hope [message #700] Tue, 24 July 2012 17:09 Go to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
My mother was an inactive member of the LDS church. when i was about 7, she started taking the missionary discussions and was wanting to be active. My father who was a non practising Lutheran, listened to the discussions, but made it clear he had NO interest in converting. At some point during the discussions, my dad received a visit from his father, who told him that he needed to join the church as he was the only posterity that had any chance of ever doing the temple work for his ancestors.

The missionaries had decided to quit coming to visit but decided to come one last time, at which point my father committed to quit smoking (he stopped cold turkey from a two pack/day habit) and committed to being baptized. He then baptized me a year later on my birthday and we were sealed as a family in the Logan temple.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: She returned with a message [message #703 is a reply to message #700] Tue, 24 July 2012 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Thank you for sharing!

~ Seeker
Re: She returned with a message [message #716 is a reply to message #703] Thu, 26 July 2012 00:35 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Beautiful Story!!!

Bishop
Next Topic: She returned with a message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:48:29 MDT 2024