Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Communing with Loved Ones Beyond the Grave » She returned with a message (Talking to my wife, without the veil)
She returned with a message [message #644] Thu, 12 July 2012 23:55 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The night my wife passed away, I spent the night at my cousin's house. I was grateful for the company, and really didn't want to be alone. I woke early the next morning, and felt impressed to open the scriptures. I read from the D&C what circumstances would lead to breaking the covenant of marriage with my wife. (somewhere in D&C 132)

At that time, a song came on in the random line-up on my computer. It was "I'm Your Lady" by Celine Dion. As the following lyrics came on, I broke down sobbing yet again.
I'm Your Lady by Celine Dion
Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

So I did as the Spirit commanded, and reached out to her. I felt her there, by my side. She was so happy, and felt so free. I was worried because her greatest wish had been to have children, and that never came to pass. But she told me the most important thing she ever did in life was to commit to an eternal marriage and live up to that vow. Nothing else she did or did not do could compare with the joy of knowing that ordinance was completed and sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise.

I later realized this was her way of telling me it was okay to marry again, so long as it also was a temple marriage. Later, when I did find another woman to share eternity with, my first wife approved and gave her blessing.

I have seen her many times since that day, and each one is special.

- Dragon
Re: She returned with a message [message #674 is a reply to message #644] Thu, 19 July 2012 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Thank you for sharing this deeply personal experience! Very touching! Smile
Re: She returned with a message [message #678 is a reply to message #674] Sat, 21 July 2012 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
Thank you for such a wonderful post. Smile
Re: She returned with a message [message #717 is a reply to message #644] Thu, 26 July 2012 00:39 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Beautiful story!!! It helps to confirm my belief that the sealing power is a form of very powerful and enduring love. Thank you.

Bishop
Previous Topic: Our only Hope
Next Topic: Spirits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:34:06 MDT 2024