Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » The greatest wedding gift ever!
The greatest wedding gift ever! [message #568] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:25 Go to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
I listened to President Packer's talk again. He was speaking to youth. Say, as an example, a fifteen year old young woman and a seventeen year old young man. These would qualify, for reference points, the people he was speaking to and about. In five years both could easily be married in the temple, say, to each other as well. Twenty-three years later their children could be married in Zion and have babies of their own. That would fulfill his prediction of these current youths living to have grandchildren. That's less than thirty years away from fulfilment. Without bragging, for I give God all the praise, On December 11th, 1980 on the day that I got married in the Los Angeles Temple (this revelation occurred at 3 am, we were sealed at 10 am). The Holy Spirit (in night vision) took me to the Second Coming. I was in the main temple complex in Zion. There surrounded by saints dressed in white we heard the mighty trumpet blast signally the Second Coming. Then the quickening that the scriptures state will occur to the faithful saints who are alive when Christ comes happened to us assembled there.(D&C 88:96) My patriarchal blessing states that I will "... stand upon the earth for the ushering in of the Millennial reign and rejoice in your posterity." Starting at the top of our heads and surging through every particle of our bodies this burning, powerful energy that transformed each of us from telestial beings into terrestrial beings. We then accelerated with tremendous speed upward into these bright and glorious clouds. There coming to me, freshly resurrected and glorious herself, the woman I was about to marry. We embraced each other there in the clouds of glory on the Brightest of Days to come. I share these things to hopefully help with the time frame of that day. I appeared to be in my late seventies or early eighties in this great night vision. I am 53 years old now. Thirty years would fit right in that time frame. God Is the greatest giver of gifts! When I awoke from this great night vision I was filled with the power of the Holy Ghost head to foot. Every particle of my soul was filled with glorious power and light. From 3 am until 4 am I was thus filled with the power of God. During this glorious hour of heavenly bliss I heard the voice of the God, the Father say unto me,"Kenneth, my son, thou shalt have eternal life. Thou shalt be exalted." I actually did not realize what all that meant at the time. Decades later the Lord made clear to me what had truly happened on that fateful day of my temple marriage. I bear my witness that these things are true, in Jesus' name, Amen. Smile
Re: The greatest wedding gift ever! [message #576 is a reply to message #568] Wed, 27 June 2012 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Thank you for sharing this!

"kenh"
I actually did not realize what all that meant at the time. Decades later the Lord made clear to me what had truly happened on that fateful day of my temple marriage.
It is very common to not recognize the blessing because it is so little known or understood in the church.

A good example of why Question Number 1 in the book, "The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ" by Elliaison is so useful when seeking the promise for yourself.

(Question Number 1 is: Have I already received the promise?)

Also having a clear understanding of how it happens so that when you receive it you don't miss it or so that you can realize when looking backward that you received it at that moment.

~ Seeker
Re: The greatest wedding gift ever! [message #590 is a reply to message #576] Thu, 28 June 2012 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
KenH
There coming to me, freshly resurrected and glorious herself, the woman I was about to marry.

This reminds me of a wonderful vision I had back in 2002. I was pondering marriage with a woman who I had been dating for almost two years. I saw in vision the rest of my life. One important part was seeing myself taken up into heaven at my death, where my glorified wife waited for me, but also leaving a wife on Earth. Thankfully it was only a short time before we were all together on Earth.

Here it is, only ten years later, and I have one wife in heaven and another wife on earth, and they both love me very much, just as I love them beyond anything I thought myself capable of in 2002.

- Dragon

- Dragon

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2012 21:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The greatest wedding gift ever! [message #686 is a reply to message #590] Sun, 22 July 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
KenH, thank you so much for sharing such sacred experiences. They are very strengthening to my faith.

Bishop
Re: The greatest wedding gift ever! [message #1508 is a reply to message #686] Tue, 04 December 2012 06:35 Go to previous message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
Ken,

That is a powerful experience and very inspiring. Up to now, I have refrained from contemplating a timeline for future events. However, for some reason your experience struck me.

It is interesting how we are led through this life according to God's wisdom. I'm not sure why it is that I've been led to this point at this time, but I do know that God has blessed me more than I can describe.

I am grateful for everyone here who has shared their experiences.
Previous Topic: scripture references of experiences of others having their C&E made
Next Topic: My journey
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:51:27 MDT 2024