Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission.
A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission. [message #565] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:50 Go to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
I knew that my time here at this Icelandic apartment was coming to an end very soon and so when Thorstein went back out to sea again, I went into Thorstein's room one last time to sit at that very same desk there to pray and to meditate. For it was there that I came to personally know the Savior, Jesus Christ. It was already 2:00 a.m. and I just couldn't seem to fall to sleep tonight. As I sat there I heard the Holy Spirit audibly whisper to me, "Ken, go to the living room." I immediately arose and went into the living room and knelt down at one of the couches. I poured my whole soul out to God, pleading with Him to help me know where I stood with Him. I could feel the Holy Ghost burn within me. I have felt it many times before when I had prayed, but I struggled within myself and I threw myself upon the floor and cried mightily unto the Lord with all the energy of my soul. And again, I heard the audible voice of the Spirit of the Lord say to me, "Kenneth, look out the window. Be still and know that I am God."

I arose from the position which I had been in, that of being prostrate upon the living room floor, and set upon the couch which was just in front of the large picture window. The curtains had been pulled over to one side and a beautiful grand view was before me. The sky was clear and I could see the ground below (the apartment was on the third floor) and it was covered with six inches of snow. The northern lights, Aurora Borealis, had begun to dance across the sky in a myriad of colors as they had often done on cold clear nights like this one. Then out of nowhere, came these large grey clouds. They started from my left and began to stretch across the entire sky in just a minute or so. Within a few moments, the sky went from clear to cloudy and then it began to snow. Then within a minute or so it began to hail. After hailing for a minute, it stopped altogether. The clouds then began to move away to my right as fast as they had arrived from my left. Soon it was clear again and the northern lights appeared once more. I sat there all amazed at the marvelous show which God had presented unto me in the space of a very short period of time. I felt this peaceful feeling come over me and I knew that everything would all work out for my good. For it is not where you serve the Lord, but how you serve Him. I went to bed and slept peacefully, knowing that all was in God's hands and that wherever and with whomever He would call me to serve, I would go.
Re: A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission. [message #567 is a reply to message #565] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Thank you for sharing. I have come to understand that such experiences are given for the purpose of helping us to recognize that we are not crazy.

Considering the statement from the Lord, "Kenneth, look out the window. Be still and know that I am God."

The Lord is connecting the dots between the voice of the spirit and himself by providing a witness or sign that indeed this is God speaking to you.

As a sign that this voice speaking to you is not some imagined conjuration of a tired mind, it leads you to look out the window and know that what you are about to see could only be accomplished by God. "I am God over the earth, the winds the rains and all the elements obey me and my voice."

In this moment, you had a physical witness or sign that the "Voice" you heard was God's "Voice".

Each of us go through similar experiences as we learn to recognize and validate for ourselves that the voices speaking to us are truly God's voice and not some other voice or vain imagination.
Re: A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission. [message #573 is a reply to message #567] Wed, 27 June 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
Thank you for your insights. Smile
Re: A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission. [message #1812 is a reply to message #573] Wed, 02 January 2013 14:41 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I love your account!

My wife and I used to live a remote rural town that was about a 2 hour drive from our Stake Center. We had to go to a Stake meeting one evening, and it was quite late as we drove the 2 hours back home. It was a crystal clear night. As we came around one hill, we were in a position to see that the moon was in the middle of an eclipse. We oohed and ahhed about the beauty of it, when we noticed in another part of the sky the Hale-Bopp comet with its long tail, glowing brightly in the sky. Both an eclipse and a comet at the same time! It was beautiful and we felt impressed to praise God for the workmanship of His hands.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Previous Topic: A wonderful gift from God
Next Topic: My Mother
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:20:16 MDT 2024