Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » The way I started my mission
icon12.gif  The way I started my mission [message #555] Tue, 26 June 2012 17:29 Go to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
When I started my mission I arrived at the LTM (now the MTC) with walking pneumonia. Things got progressively worse for me health wise. The instructors had to bring in chalkboards to our room to have the language lessons available to me since I was virtually bedridden. Yes, I received a blessing but it stated that I needed to endure this illness as a trial for me and for those serving with me. One week of this and I was also sick to my stomach as well. The other three missionaries left to go eat breakfast leaving me alone in our room. I know my companion should not have left me alone but I was not in any condition to debate that. Once alone, I prayed fervently for understanding the purpose of my condition.

After my prayer, I felt the power of the Holy Ghost fill my soul and this was followed by the audible voice of the Holy Spirit which said unto me,"Kenneth, arise and go take a hot bath." I immediately rose and went to the central bath and filled the one tub there and took a hot bath. Twenty minutes into the hot bath I was made completely whole! It was a wonderful miracle!! God truly had blessed me after my tribulation. I explained to my companions upon their return and we rejoiced together. I wrote home to my nonmember parents who were still smoking cigarettes (two to three packs a day) for all of my life.

I shared with them this wonderful blessing and when my mother wrote me back the following week, she stated that on that same very day as my miracle, she and my father both quit smoking for good. What a multiplicity of blessings! God gets all of the praise and glory. My mission president would tell us "When you allow God to help you prepare to do His will, expect miracles" May our lives be filled with miracles and the blessings that follow. In Jesus' name, amen.
Re: The way I started my mission [message #718 is a reply to message #555] Thu, 26 July 2012 00:55 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Thanks, kenh. I went to the LTM too.

Bishop
Next Topic: Healing a Scorpion Bite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:18:14 MDT 2024