Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » My Mother (The spirit world is real)
My Mother [message #453] Sat, 02 June 2012 23:54 Go to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
When I first read a blog that stated there were no gifts of the Spirit today, I became frustrated and I objected. I have heard people say the same thing, even though they may have had dealings with the Spirit. It would seem that no one on this forum has that mindset, which I find refreshing.

I mentioned my experiences with my mother, and a couple of people were interested in reading about them, so I thought I'd share. I will try not to be long winded (I have a tendency to take detours when I speak/write). (I am writing from memory, not from my journals.)

My mother had cancer, and didn't react well to the toxic treatment given her. She had gone up to Salt Lake to stay with my sister. I was in southeastern Arizona, in the area she had been living in. I had gone with my then-spouse to read water meters (he read them - I drove to pick him up at the end of each group of houses). While doing this, he got a page from my brother in law, saying that my mother was in the hospital again. I called my bil. He said he honestly did not know whether or not to have me come up. She was in a coma, but she had come out of the hospital the other times she had been in.

After the conversation, we went to the school where the spouse was a bus driver. He took one child with him. One was on the playground. The other was asleep in our van. I had just gotten some political books in the mail (like "Government Nannies") and was sitting in the van reading one of them.

I was interrupted by my mother. I don't see people like this with my mortal eyes, and she was not standing in the mortal realm; the van would have prevented that if she was there in body because no adult could have stood straight up in it. I don't really know how she got my attention.

She asked, "Will you be all right if I go?"

Just like Denver Snuffer says, it was spirit to spirit communication, not mouth to ear.

Out loud, I said, "Yes. I'll miss you, but I'll be okay."

I began to say more, but she was gone.

Now, there's something you should understand at this point. When I was about 12, my father died. I never knew him, but I went to his funeral. I became afraid that my mother was going to die and I made her promise me that if she died, she would be the first to tell me. We had a similar conversation several years later. She was simply keeping her promise when she appeared to me while she was in the coma.

I did go up to Salt Lake with a sister and her husband who lived in southern Arizona (between Tucson and Phoenix). We drove straight through the night. I cannot remember if we got there Saturday morning or Sunday morning. After a shower, I went to the hospital and stayed there. They set up a cot for me.

I'll skip all the stuff I'm tempted to tell that has nothing to do with the "theme" of my words.

My mother died about 9:20 p.m. And she was gone. I was the only family member there when she left, and I said to her, "Where are you?" I had expected to see her, but she had taken off. I don't know if it was because she hated hospitals or because we told her that my brother from out of state's plane was supposed to land at 9:20 and she went out to meet it.

I suspect the latter because she came back when he came in with the sister who had picked him up from the airport. I wasn't really aware of her until we got into the elevator to leave. She was in the elevator with us. I doubt my siblings were aware of that.

I think it was the next day that we siblings (there are 5 of us living) were together outside, eating at some tables. Mom was there, and I almost said, "Make sure Mom has a plate," several times. Mom was laughing at the jokes we are wont to crack when we are under stress, and - in general - she was "having a good old time."

Later, I wanted to verify that I wasn't making this up, so I talked to my sister who lives in Salt Lake (she's closer to spiritual things than the other siblings).

Her reply was, "I never thought of getting her a plate because it has been so long since she has been able to eat."

After I went back home, I talked to her again, seeking clarification. She said that, yes, Mom had been there with us.

The place my mother had lived in southern Az had belonged to one of my brothers. I asked if I could move into it (I was in a seriously bad relationship). He said yes, and I moved in. Mom was there quite often. My Salt Lake sister sent me a copy of my mother's patriarchal blessing. In it, it said she would work under the personal direction of Jesus Christ. I read that, and it seemed to me that she shouldn't have died but should have stayed alive until Christ came again. I went out to a corner of the property, very upset. I can't remember if I yelled at her or at God, but I said she shouldn't have died - she should have stayed alive.

In a very quiet voice, my mother said, "I have never been more alive."

Over time, I had several dreams about her. Sometimes they were "processing" dreams, but she also visited me in my dreams. I could tell when it was really her, because I would feel horribly guilty for getting rid of her stuff. I would begin to apologize and she would tell me that it was okay. She was totally uninterested in "stuff" or money or anything else of this world. All she would do, really, is just hang out with me as I was having my dreams. She never really said much to me after putting my mind at ease.

One day, we sat at a school playground in a place I don't really know. It was dark because it was night. We were sitting in swings, next to each other. She said to me that she had come to say goodbye because she had to go deeper into the spirit world.

And she left. She left my dreams. She left my waking hours. I think she has occasionally come back to watch over us, but it was not the same as when she was there nearly all the time.
Re: My Mother [message #456 is a reply to message #453] Sun, 03 June 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Wow. Thanks for sharing your story with us Eve. It gives me even more comfort regarding my Father who passed away last year. I am glad you were able to get closure and have peace about everything. Smile
Re: My Mother [message #464 is a reply to message #456] Thu, 07 June 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
Yes, after those experiences I have never doubted that the spirit world is real.
Re: My Mother [message #469 is a reply to message #464] Fri, 08 June 2012 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
I've been wanting to read this since you posted it. I just found time now. Wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing.

I can relate to exactly what you said, how you communicated with your mother. It is the same way I spoke with my grand mother. Not with my physical eyes or ears, except that I generally speak with my spirit rather than body and spirit.

The same process and experience will help you to speak with angels, (if you haven't already). When you recognize thoughts or revelations that are not your own, you can talk to whomever sent them to you in the same way that you spoke with your mother.

I enjoy reading the scriptures and asking the author to explain to me what they really meant. Sometimes they will say, "At the time I meant..., but since then I have learned...which is more accurate or correct than what I wrote back then."

Anyway, what a wonderful experience you had, thank you for sharing!

~ Seeker
Re: My Mother [message #493 is a reply to message #469] Sat, 16 June 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Thank you for sharing this Eve! I totally understand what you mean about speaking "spirit to spirit", that is how I've had things communicated to me so many times, and its difficult to explain, probably because we are trying to explain a spiritual concept with mortal words, and there just AREN'T the right words! I did speak to my brother who died, in a dream one time. We spoke with our voices but the communication and understanding went so much deeper, I can't ready explain it. I knew it was more than a dream and we had actually talked, but I don't have the words to say HOW I understood more than what was said verbally.

~Jules
Re: My Mother [message #1813 is a reply to message #493] Wed, 02 January 2013 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Another great account! This is the best site ever!!

I read in a book by Lance Richardson called "The Message" that sometimes all we have to do is think about our departed loved ones and they immediately know it, and sometimes they come to be with us while we are in our thoughts.

I am reading a book by "Spencer" in which he saw that there are usually many spirits with us at virtually all times, some of them are our guardian spirits who are usually future or departed family members.

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: My Mother [message #1814 is a reply to message #453] Wed, 02 January 2013 14:52 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My wife asked her mother to come and visit with her in the celestial room after she died and tell her where to find genealogical information on an ancestor. After her mother died, my wife waited expectantly in the temple for her visit. Nothing. She continued to wait and expect a visit from her mother each time she went to the temple. Nothing.

One time she was in the dressing room preparing to return home. Suddenly a weird phrase came to her mind. It was "Waddle, waddle, hitch and twitch!" Very strange!

She asked some other women there if they had any idea what this phrase meant. No one else had ever heard it. Some time later, my wife remembered her very first Primary talk when she was very young. Her mother helped her to tell the story of a crab who criticized all the other crabs for the clumsy way they walked, and told them they should walk as gracefully as he did. And then he left them with "A waddle, waddle, hitch and twitch."

My wife concluded her mother had probably been trying to get through to her without success, and so she "poked" her with this message from the past.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Previous Topic: A wonderful blessing from the Lord on my mission.
Next Topic: I Saw My Grandmother Pass from This Life
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:27:51 MDT 2024