Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » The Book in General (Discuss overall thoughts, questions, feelings and comments for this book. )
The Book in General [message #14] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:59 Go to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator

Did you like the book?[ 18 votes ]
1. Yes! 18 / 100%
2. No! 0 / 0%

Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions, feelings and comments about your experience reading this book.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 June 2010 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Book in General [message #16 is a reply to message #14] Fri, 11 June 2010 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
I received the following email regarding this book:

(Begin Email Quote)

I found the book simply by googling for Elliaison. I found the name mentioned in an LDS discussion forum. One of the participants in the discussion says that he and his wife have received their calling and election made sure. And I am all ways amazed when I read some his replies on certain topics. I get the same feeling I had as an investigator of the Church 13 years ago both when I read his replies and your article.

I had to read through the book twice. You make the gospel look really simple and at the same time so profound. I guess it is this simplicity that appealed to me as an investigator.

It took me only 2 weeks to get ready for baptism and I was "super high" for a long time after my conversion. When I read this, some of the feelings come back.

The major things I take from your writings are the way you present it. Clear and simple, but yet all most unbelievable. I think that there must be many who have either received their calling and election made sure, or are really close or held away from it because they don't know how to receive it. I wonder why it so seldom spoken of with clarity. Obviously, it was emphasized more earlier but it seems to be more of a "not achievable" thing nowadays.

Again, thanks for replying!

Eric

(End Email Quote)

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2011 08:29] by Moderator

Re: The Book in General [message #17 is a reply to message #14] Fri, 11 June 2010 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
Another Email I received...

(Begin Email Quote)

Elliaison,

Thanks for your quick response. I got a copy of the article from an online LDS doctrine forum at http://www.bordeglobal.com There are deep doctrine sections available on the forum to discuss and share thoughts. A user named Amonhi spoke highly of you and shared this book. If you would prefer that I not share it with others, I won't.

A few thoughts I had... I've spent quite a while trying to recognize and obey the promptings of the Holy Ghost. All the while, (apparently) looking beyond the mark, for some miraculous experiences involved with Calling and Election. I assumed they were buried in the deep doctrine of the gospel, and included further temple ordinances, ie: washing of feet, second anointing, having the prophet involved, etc.

I also guessed those "very few" who experienced this were not sharing it because they had been commanded not to. As opposed to what you stated...
"2. Those who have generally remain silent because of the ridicule of others."

I've looked and prayed for information about what to do and where to go and have found some pretty radical ideas in my search. Some were leading far away from the current LDS church, some were a little more mainstream. In my search, I haven't found a more clear and concise explanation about receiving your Calling and Election than in your paper. I appreciate that. It was simple. It was based on scripture. It resonated with my spirit.

Thanks for sharing it in a way that it was able to get into my hands. I'd love to read more when you feel like you can share it.

Valerie

(End Email Quote)

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2011 08:31] by Moderator

Re: The Book in General [message #18 is a reply to message #14] Fri, 11 June 2010 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
An Email I received...

(Begin Email Quote)

Elliason,

I was given this book by a dear friend of mine that I trust and respect. She knew that I was researching this topic in the gospel and burdened down by all the "myths" out there and thought that this book would help to put things into perspective.

Throughout the whole book my insides testified that I was finally getting what I was looking for. Tears of joy ran down my face as I realized the missing pieces this book helped me find. I took my time praying/meditating it. I wanted to make sure I understood each concept, and agreed with each one before moving on to the next concept. I believe in what I read, and I have even seen the truthfulness of it through lessons at church and conference talks.

The absolute major thing I took out of this book was the rock of the gospel. Knowing that helps me not get bogged down with all the suggestions surrounding me at how to be perfected (i.e food storage, genealogy, scrapbooking, etc.)

The fulness of the gospel is faith, repentance, baptism, and receiving the Holy Ghost. It is coming to learn the whisperings of the Holy Ghost to learn of Christ, receive my calling and election made sure, and dwell in Christ's presence once more. Simply put these things (the fulness) lead us back to Christ by doing what the Holy Ghost instructs us to do.

I thrist for more, I just love how this book spoke to my insides telling me the truthfulness of what I read. Things became clearer, and I know the more I learn, I will be able to move forward for I desire to dwell in the presence of God once more, doing His work, and being one in purpose.

Thank you

Bethel

(End Email Quote)

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2011 08:34] by Moderator

icon14.gif  Re: The Book in General [message #72 is a reply to message #14] Mon, 28 June 2010 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
This sounds like a friggin testimony meeting! LOL but I really liked how simple this book is!

I have heard all sorts of way that it is supposed to happen. When my wife and I received it, we didn't believe it because it didn't happen in a way we expected, (And we were too young).

I really like this book because it explains the process by which we go from joining the church as new members, (or baptised at 8 years old), through to receiving your calling and election sure.

With regard to Calling and election made sure, it dispels many false ideas regarding where, how and who performs it!

What really gets me excited is that Elliaison provides actual church approved examples of people who have received their calling and election made sure. The examples are taken from a talk by President Romney in general conference. Romney was encouraging the membership to receive their calling and election made sure. He shared examples of the very moment that people received the blessing, who was there, how it was done, etc. I believe that Romney gave these specific examples because he was telling us how it would happen to us and what we should look for!

Elliaison points out the details of each example and breaks down the similarities. I know for myself that Romney was correct, and I have never seen a more clear connected path drawn that links the basic doctrines of the church together to illuminate this topic.

Well written, and in my opinion, it is inspired. We have added this book to our collection of scripture. I encourage you to read it whether or not you have already received your promise.

~ Seeker
Re: The Book in General [message #404 is a reply to message #72] Sun, 27 May 2012 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I bought the book last night and I am really looking forward to reading it. Smile
Re: The Book in General [message #405 is a reply to message #404] Sun, 27 May 2012 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Can't wait for mine to come!

~Jules
Re: The Book in General [message #445 is a reply to message #405] Fri, 01 June 2012 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I started my book last night, and so far it echoes the conclusions I've come to as far as exactly what "The Fullness of the Gospel" is. I think that members of the church incorporate so many supplementary things and end up making THOSE the Fullness in their eyes, and give too much weight to things that will not actually SAVE them, and forget the bottom line - the basic things the Savior taught. I realize I'm generalizing, but it seems that way to me. If those things were IMPERATIVE for our exaltation, the Savior clearly would have made note of them in the Sermon on the Mount, or the Sermon at Bountiful.

~Jules
Re: The Book in General [message #455 is a reply to message #445] Sun, 03 June 2012 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Archeantus is currently offline  Archeantus
I received my copy of the book earlier this week and finally had some time to read it last night. I have been studying the topic of calling and election a lot lately and this book rings true with other things I have read. I like how it encourages you to pray to find out where you are on the path, that was something that I had overlooked.
Re: The Book in General [message #1652 is a reply to message #455] Wed, 19 December 2012 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SingleToHisGlory is currently offline  SingleToHisGlory
Amonhi, Elliaison, and all the other wonderful people on this forum,

Thank you so much for all the light and knowledge that you've been sharing with us! Your words feel "delicious" to me, they truly "enlighten my understanding" and "enlarge my soul". Please, continue to post your testimonies, experiences, and your personal revelations. I can't wait to read the other books by Elliaison and to qualify for the membership in the "Church of the Firstborn" forums. Now, entering the Savior's presence feels to me as a very real and achievable goal and I'm so looking forward to it!
Re: The Book in General [message #1680 is a reply to message #1652] Thu, 20 December 2012 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SingleToHisGlory is currently offline  SingleToHisGlory
Where can I get the other Elliaison's books? Please, let me know. I'd love to read them as well. Thank you!
Re: The Book in General [message #1756 is a reply to message #1680] Sat, 29 December 2012 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elisa is currently offline  Elisa
Love the book!

My copy just came a few days ago. I read it through today and it's very good. I told my husband about it when he called me during lunch today, and he's going to read it. (He's feeling a little "behind" right now.) The book does such a wonderful job of explaining the process of have your calling and election made sure in a very concise and easy to follow way. I think he might feel less overwhelmed after he reads it.

Thank you so much!

Is the book that is referred to at the end available now? I'd love to get it. I wouldn't say that I'm feeling completely directionless now, because I do trust that the Lord will continue to teach me what I need to know and do. But I also know that He directs us to sources of light and truth as we seek them. I had mentioned to Amonhi that "randomly" seeing the info he had put up on C&E in a forum I have never been to before (and wasn't trying to go to then,) felt like it was put there especially for me. After reading the 3 Steps part, it burned in my heart like a consuming fire, and also filled my heart with joy. It had been practically all I was been able to think about until I used them a few days later. I'm SO grateful to him for sharing this.

Anyway, I would really like to get the other book it talks about at the beginning of the Closing Thoughts and Remarks section. Is it available somewhere? I haven't been about to find it.

Elliasion and Amonhi, thank you so very much for all you have done to share this information!

Elisa
Re: The Book in General [message #1765 is a reply to message #1756] Sat, 29 December 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I too loved this book. I am also grateful that one receives two copies with an order. I read it within a couple of days and really felt strengthened and filled with the Spirit. I gave a copy to my wife who I think will really love it and learn from it as well.

As a missionary tool, I think it is extremely well written. A former missionary companion of mine visited me for a day with his family. We had a wonderful reunion and a glorious time catching up. I was supposed to work the day he left, yet through some divine intervention, my schedule changed and we had a chance to discuss the fullness of the Gospel. The Spirit was so strong and I gave him a copy of this book. I can't wait to hear what he thinks of it.

I too am eager to read the other books mentioned in this book.
icon5.gif  Re: The Book in General [message #2338 is a reply to message #1756] Sun, 24 March 2013 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earthchild is currently offline  Earthchild
I would like to read all of the Eliason books, but cannot find them used, and cannot order them thru PayPal either. Is there an address for a snailmail order?

Elisa wrote on Sat, 29 December 2012 00:11
Love the book!

My copy just came a few days ago. I read it through today and it's very good. I told my husband about it when he called me during lunch today, and he's going to read it. (He's feeling a little "behind" right now.) The book does such a wonderful job of explaining the process of have your calling and election made sure in a very concise and easy to follow way. I think he might feel less overwhelmed after he reads it.

Thank you so much!

Is the book that is referred to at the end available now? I'd love to get it. I wouldn't say that I'm feeling completely directionless now, because I do trust that the Lord will continue to teach me what I need to know and do. But I also know that He directs us to sources of light and truth as we seek them. I had mentioned to Amonhi that "randomly" seeing the info he had put up on C&E in a forum I have never been to before (and wasn't trying to go to then,) felt like it was put there especially for me. After reading the 3 Steps part, it burned in my heart like a consuming fire, and also filled my heart with joy. It had been practically all I was been able to think about until I used them a few days later. I'm SO grateful to him for sharing this.

Anyway, I would really like to get the other book it talks about at the beginning of the Closing Thoughts and Remarks section. Is it available somewhere? I haven't been about to find it.

Elliasion and Amonhi, thank you so very much for all you have done to share this information!

Elisa

Re: The Book in General [message #2340 is a reply to message #2338] Sun, 24 March 2013 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Hi there Earthchild, welcome to the forum! You can order the book discussed from this link here:

http://elliaison.org/books--articles.html?m

You can also email Elliaison at the address indicated, and ask what other books might be available at this time.

Jules

~Jules
Re: The Book in General [message #2363 is a reply to message #14] Sun, 07 April 2013 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I received the following negative feedback about the book. This is the first negative feedback that I have received...

Someone who liked the book gave it to his sister who didn't get past the introduction to the book. here is the account...

Quote:
I gave the Eliasson book to my sister. she read about 5 pages and said she would not read it. The reason is that in the beginning of it, it casts what I would call passive-aggressive dispersions on the church by saying that C&E should not be talked about, and that such is a brilliant design of Satan, the implication being that the Church itself (which doesn't talk about it) is complicit with this design.

She personally understands that the doctrine of C&E is certainly true, but she is immediately turned off by the implied but not overt criticism of the Church. I occurs to me that the book might be more effective, reaching more people, if especially this were stated differently.

Why am I sharing this? Just sharing an insight that the group might want to take into consideration.

In the introduction to the book there is a section that talks about why the doctrine is not discussed openly and how Satan spreads lies that prevent people from sharing their experiences or testimonies or speaking from first hand experience like we do with gaining testimonies or other faith building experiences. She seems to be saying that the Church does not openly talk of this doctrine and so is being implicated as in league with or influenced by the Devil and his doctrines. So, she decided not to read the book any further.

I am willing to guess that she has heard the doctrines that that section of the book is trying to dispel and possibly from leaders in the church at some level and is buying into them. In which case, just as the book points out, Her ears are stopped so that she will not hear from those who know from firsthand experience. And the result is that she will misses out on the information that has helped so many to receive the promises for themselves.

And yes, that information is found in the church. I found it in the church. But it is hidden for the seekers to find.

And the Elliaison's did a good job using those church accepted references where people did talk about it.

I am also reminded of the quote by Joseph Smith on the back of the book which says, "Peter exhorts us to make our calling and election sure...These principles ought to be taught..."

Amonhi

Re: The Book in General [message #2364 is a reply to message #2363] Sun, 07 April 2013 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scootd28 is currently offline  scootd28
Amonhi,

Thanks for posting this is such a way as to protect my identity, but I have no problem with anyone knowing that it was from me - especially as I offered it constructively. To further clarify, it seems to me that if the purpose of the book is to get people (who are already comfortable with the structure, curriculum and unquestioning agreement with church leaders that they currently "enjoy") to open up and look beyond the correlated teachings and explore the mysteries on their own, then it might be a good idea to let them figure out on their own that there is a gap between what the correlated curriculum teaches and what Peter, Joseph, and Elders McConkie and Romney taught so openly - this rather than possibly alienating them so early in the book. By pointing it out up front, you (the collective "you") may lose those very people you are trying to reach. I'm very big on the idea that if, in my teaching, I alienate those I am trying to reach, I am ultimately an ineffective teacher. To be effective, I need to get the message across in a way that that they will be willing to receive it. Otherwise, I am simply unsuccessful.

Of course, I recognize the irony of criticizing the approach of a book that successfully helped my wife and I better understand the principles and lead us to explore more deeply these promises. May I express, then, my appreciation of the efforts of Elliaison, and we do look forward to the next publication.

In all sincerity

Scott

Men are that they might have joy.
Re: The Book in General [message #3406 is a reply to message #14] Thu, 08 January 2015 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunlightbjt is currently offline  sunlightbjt
This book came to me in the mail "THE DAY" that the Lord told me that I .....

...was a member of the Church of the Firstborn. I can hardly write these words, this is sacred to me. I am just a regular person. I was stunned...literally stunned by the personal revelation. It came while I was reading the D&C. The Lord spoke to me. I knew it was Him speaking to me but I was paying attention to the first part of the the paragraphs...but at the end is where he told me. I knew he had told me I was in the Church of the Firstborn... but I didn't make the connection of what that meant until I read the book by Elliaison that day. It came in the mail..."EXACTLY" the day I needed it to be there. This was the work of the Lord..a great blessing to me. It helped me connect the dots and understand what he was telling me. When it came together and hit me light a thunderbolt. I gasped! I gasped again....then I jumped up with my scriptures to my heart and yelled and cried out with joy...literally jumping around with joy holding my scriptures. No one was home that day. I could praise my God as loud as I wanted with joy. What joy!!! I know it was because of the Atonement that it was even possible. The Plan of Salvation is wonderful.

Can someone tell me how to join the group for the Church of the Firstborn?

I ask that humbly and with trembling....we are bought with a price...through the sufferings of our Lord.

D&C 78:17-21 my favorite scripture now

Alma 32
Re: The Book in General [message #3415 is a reply to message #2364] Mon, 02 February 2015 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Scootd28,

I reread your above post today and agree with you. You make really good points. Why do anything that alienates you from your target audience.

Hopefully Elliaison will consider this when working on future books and printing new editions of existing books.

Peace,
Amonhi
Re: The Book in General [message #3565 is a reply to message #14] Wed, 22 February 2017 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
james is currently offline  james
How long does it take to get the book?
I ordered it about a month ago, 'got a thanks for your order' email, and haven't heard anything since.
A friend at work has had the same experience.

Thanks in advance!
Re: The Book in General [message #3569 is a reply to message #3565] Wed, 03 May 2017 00:40 Go to previous message
james is currently offline  james
My book came and I'm excited to read it. Thanks for getting it shipped!
Previous Topic: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:44:43 MDT 2024