Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? (How does the adversary imitate and deceive those seeking/having their C&E made sure)
Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? [message #423] Tue, 29 May 2012 13:32 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
When I was young, I had a visit from an angel. It was a wonderful experience found here:
The next day, as near as I can recall, I got a visit from another kind of angel. This one claimed power over the entire earth. He said he could make me a great man, a leader of armies, and supreme ruler of the earth. I would be famous, and known around the world, and all this was to happen by my 24th birthday. The only thing he needed from me was for me to bow down and worship him. He even said he was Lucifer.

I rejected the offer, but the experience continued to annoy me. Should I avoid looking for fame or great success because it might lead me back to him?

Years later, while talking with a Wiccan friend of mine, he told me of a similar experience. He had a dream where a being of darkness came to my friend and offered him The Book of Shadows. This book, in Wiccan beliefs, holds the most powerful spells, and teaches how to increase one's magikal abilities. All my friend had to do was agree to use it for the benefit of this dark being.

I know this was the pattern described in the bible when Satan tempted Jesus. I am very eager to know if anyone else has had a similar situation where you have been promised great wealth or power or something else in exchange for worshiping Satan. Can you really sell your soul to the devil? And the opposite being give your soul to Christ?

More particularly, I am trying to determine if Satan is only offering things which were already foreordained, or available paths one can achieve by worshiping Christ.

- Dragon
Re: Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? [message #424 is a reply to message #423] Tue, 29 May 2012 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Wow, this is interesting! It seems that there would have to be opposition in all things. It seems that we all would have to somehow (even if not so blatantly) be offered equally tempting "rewards" in serving Satan, as to serve the Lord - otherwise there would be no need to make a choice - it would be obvious with no test involved.

~Jules
Re: Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? [message #440 is a reply to message #424] Thu, 31 May 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
I have not had this experience, but I have had more direct attacks than I care to remember.
Re: Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? [message #699 is a reply to message #440] Tue, 24 July 2012 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
I have not had the experience. I am wondering how young you were at the time.

The experience that I have, occured when I was very young. I would have thought such experiences would not be possible before the age of accountability, but in my case I believe I was 5 or 6, it was certainly before I was 8.
The first experience I saw a being of light, that looked like a lamb, but had a very angry expression and made it clear to me that he would destroy me. My mother was inactive LDS at the time and my father was not religious but had been raised in the Lutheran faith, so church was not a part of my life at the time. I was not offered glory or demanded to worship, there was just a clear message of hatred for me, emnity, and a promise that I would be destroyed. This happened while I was in bed, but was not a dream, but a vision. (Which is unusual in that most of my spiritual experiences are either in dreams or receiving revelation while meditating.)

The second experience was similar but also different. This time the form was of a snake and completly devoid of light. The serpent came down from the bottom of my bedroom curtain and began to suck the life out of me thru my nose and mouth. This probably was a month or two after the vision above. The details are less clearly remembered as this was all over 40 years ago. I did not get the same sense of hatred and malice, simply that it was occuring and that my life was being taken. I do not know how it was stopped, I just remember it suddenly being gone and being able to breath again.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: Is there an opposite to the Calling and Election made sure? [message #705 is a reply to message #423] Tue, 24 July 2012 21:30 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
I was 12 years of age when this happened.

- Dragon
Next Topic: Possession
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:07:24 MDT 2024