Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » Interpreting and Understanding My Dream
Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #396] Sun, 27 May 2012 00:16 Go to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I just joined this forum today and I am very excited to be a part of it. I would like to share some recent experiences that I have had and see what feedback I could get as well. Obviously these aren't things I go around talking about to everyone. It is nice to have some people that you can discuss certain things with. I am hoping to find others who may know more about some of these things then I currently do. As always I have been seeking the Lord in prayer with regards to some of these things. As for now at my level of faith a lot of my answers or confirmations do end up coming from fellow brothers and sisters. As they speak I am filled with the spirit and then something is confirmed to me. So it is with that spirit in mind that I would like to share a few experiences.

I had an interesting dream last night that I wanted to share. I usually wouldn't share a dream like this but thought I would this time because I wanted to get some input if there is any to be had. This is something I'm praying about. Sometimes I have been given dreams that I knew immediately were of divine origin. Other times I have been given dreams that seemed like they were but I wasn't really sure. And other times I just flat out have crazy dreams. lol

This was a dream I am not 100% sure about what it means and if it was just some crazy work of my subconscious imagination. But this is the second dream of this type that I have had in a few weeks time. I dreamt that I was sitting in the middle of a restraunt when suddenly I noticed a woman sitting near by. It was as if I could hear the woman's thoughts or feel her feelings. I'm not sure which. She was mourning over the loss of a person who was very dear to her. Im not sure now if it was a family member or just a very close friend. She was older than me. Probably in her 50's maybe. She was having a VERY difficult time with the loss and was questioning so many things because of it and was in a great deal of pain and despair.

Suddenly, I looked up and saw the Spirit of her friend/family member that she had lost. I could see her suddenly plain as day. She looked radiant and I even said so in the dream. She started telling me some things that she wanted me to tell her friend who was grieving. She told me how she was holding her self back. Suddenly I got up out of my chair and I went over the the grieving woman and knelt down beside her table where she was sitting. I told her I needed to tell her something and she would probably think I was crazy and that I wasn't even sure what was happening myself because I had never had an experience like this before. I proceeded to tell her about being able to see her friend and what her friend wanted me to tell her. The woman was startled and taken aback at first but to my surprise she was believing me and she began to cry. She asked me a few questions about her friend. I remember pointing to where I could see her and telling her she looked radiant.

After this experience it suddenly switched to another moment and I was having a conversation with the Lord. Not sure if I was just praying or if we were actually talking in the dream but suddenly the revelation came in the dream that I was a Seer. And that I had been meant to be a seer and it was part of my mission here. The Lord had just been waiting for me to be prepared enough so the gift could manifest itself. And I remember feeling inside like I had somehow known it all along. It was quite profound and emotional in my dream. Then after that I woke up.

I remember thinking about the term that was given to me. A seer is what it was called. So this naturally got me thinking about what a Seer really is. And I realized I didn't really even know. I hadn't thought about a Seer having the ability to see spirits and see through the veil. For some reason I always thought about seer with what Joseph did translating the book of mormon and I realize my understanding of the term is probably quite narrow. Several weeks ago I had a similar dream where I helped a woman who was going through a great deal of trials surrounding her sons death. He came to me and told me how to help her. So I went to her reluctantly and she believed me and I was able to help her and her family heal through my encounter with her son.

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps these dreams were not accidents because weeks and weeks ago I was led to start studying spiritual gifts and I felt prompted, I guess, to ask the Lord if I had any or if I was supposed to. What they were and how to prepare. This interest came after reading some book I had read. At this point Im not really sure what to make of these dreams. I also find all of to be ironic because ever since I was little I was afraid of seeing spirits and it's something I would worry about all the time. It's something that still seems a bit frightening to me to be honest. And sense I am pregnant I am very suspicious because I have some crazy dreams when Im pregnant and my imagination can be pretty active. Guess I need to do some more praying.

That is the first thing I have had questions about and the second experience I have had questions about is regarding some that happened quite a while ago. Something I was pondering on today was spiritual hearing. A couple years before I became a member I had an experience and right around the time I had this experience it was a turning point for my life and it was right around a time when I began to really thirst after knowledge and want to know God. I was still living at home but not wanting to be there I felt trapped and stuck. It wasn't very long at all before I moved out on my own. Probably only weeks before I made the decision to move away from home and it was after I moved that I found the LDS church.

This is experience is so special to me but for the longest time I have never been able to understand what its purpose was. And then today as I was reading something I began to wonder if I finally figured it out. It was a very simple experience but one that has always left a very profound impact on me. It was during a turning point like I said. And I was pondering over some very big decisions and praying and reading my scriptures for the first time in a while and trying to figure out what to do with my life. One day I was in the middle of a very deep sleep. Completely dead asleep when suddenly I heard a very AUDIBLE and loud voice say my name. It pierced me to the very center just like it describes in the book of mormon. When I heard the voice it was instantaneous from a very deep sleep to suddenly being wide awake. I literally hopped immediately out of bed and I feel bad for this now because it was probably a bit irreverent . But I literally looked heavenward and said, Yes, God. What is it? I KNEW with nothing doubting who's voice it was and where it came from. The voice was so loud and peircing but at the same time I knew he wasn't shouting either. It was like a gentle whisper the way it was said but at the same time it was very audible and so loud. It's very difficult to try and explain it.

I remember pacing my room and asking God what he wanted of me. I began to say a prayer and thought maybe I should open my scriptures. I cant remember if I actually did but I don't remember reading anything profound or anything that sticks out in my memory. I knew God had called out to me and woke me up out of my sleep. But I could never figure out why? Since that time it has happened two other times. But none was quite like the first. And obviously there had to have been a purpose. The Lord doesn't just do things like that for the heck of it. And its the only time I have heard an voice with "my ears". It seemed I heard it with my ears anyway. It was so loud. I wasn't the only one home but no one else had heard the voice call my name but I did. I remember even asking my parents a little after it happened if they had called me or heard anything and they said no.

I'm still not certain what the purpose was but the experience is so special to me still. I can truly say He knows me by name because I have heard Him call out to me. And each time it has happened it has happened the same way. I am in a very deep sleep and I am suddenly jolted awake by His voice. But each time I don't hear anything else after that. Today I was pondering over the temple endowment and how the first few words that is said to Adam is that his name is called and God tells him to awake and arise. And I know the scriptures mention waking and arising as well. I guess I just wish there was someone else who has had this experience that I could talk to because maybe Im hoping to find out more about the purpose. Maybe Im supposed to do something when it happens but I don't and thats why I never hear his voice again once I am fully awake. I have tried praying and opening my scriptures but I don't recall receiving any profound revelations or anything. It's something I have prayed about to understand. Perhaps I am just missing something or making something more complicated then it is.
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #401 is a reply to message #396] Sun, 27 May 2012 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Wow Ashley, I am so excited to respond to this incredible Dream and post. Thnak you for sharing! And welcome to the forum...

Ashleyd wrote on Sun, 27 May 2012 00:16
This was a dream I am not 100% sure about what it means and if it was just some crazy work of my subconscious imagination.

From the sound of it, you don't know enough to have created this dream on your own. Possibly subconsciously you did, but it is defiantly inspired!

In the book, "The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost", Elliaison discusses what it means to be a seer. Here are some quotes from the book,

Quote:
This is the power and blessing of a Seer.

"And the Lord spake unto Enoch, and said unto him: Anoint thine eyes with clay, and wash them, and thou shalt see. And he did so.
And he beheld the spirits that God had created; and he beheld also things which were not visible to the natural eye; and from thenceforth came the saying abroad in the land: A seer hath the Lord raised up unto his people." Moses 6:35-36

A seer is a person who has the ability to see with their spiritual eyes, (as opposed to using their natural eyes). They can see with their spiritual eyes that which cannot be seen and they hear with their spiritual ears that which was not said.
For example, using our Spiritual eyes, we can see things not available to our natural eyes.

"But now mine own eyes have beheld God; but not my natural, but my spiritual eyes, for my natural eyes could not have beheld; for I should have withered and died in his presence; but his glory was upon me; and I beheld his face, for I was transfigured before him." - Moses 1:11

Using our spiritual eyes we can see visions of remote places, times and people. Using our spiritual eyes is to use our "Real Eyes" to see truth or to "Realize Truth". Each person that seeks to see the unseen and to know the unknown will become a Seer.

Now it is interesting that in the dream you first see and commune with the dead person (Acting as a Seer) and then are told you are a seer afterward as a second witness from the Lord.

I am a seer also and have extremely similar experiences to the one in your dream, except in real life, (The part in the restaurant).

I will write up a more recent experience I had with my dead Grandmother who was upset with the way her living husband was making changes to her will on his death bed.

Ashleyd
Completely dead asleep when suddenly I heard a very AUDIBLE and loud voice say my name. It pierced me to the very center just like it describes in the book of mormon. When I heard the voice it was instantaneous from a very deep sleep to suddenly being wide awake. ... But I literally looked heavenward and said, Yes, God. What is it? I KNEW with nothing doubting who's voice it was and where it came from. ... Since that time it has happened two other times. But none was quite like the first.

Not sure if you already made the connection, but it sounds a lot like, Samuel, (See Samuel 3). I recommend exactly what Eli said, "it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth." 1Sam. 3:9 , also, try to remain relaxed. For most of us our physical body over powers our spiritual bodies and so such experiences have more clarity while our physical body is relaxed or even asleep. Thus the importance of meditation.

Quote:
And its the only time I have heard an voice with "my ears". It seemed I heard it with my ears anyway. It was so loud. I wasn't the only one home but no one else had heard the voice call my name but I did. I remember even asking my parents a little after it happened if they had called me or heard anything and they said no.

Ears to hear...

Quote:
I guess I just wish there was someone else who has had this experience that I could talk to because maybe I'm hoping to find out more about the purpose. Maybe I'm supposed to do something when it happens but I don't and that's why I never hear his voice again once I am fully awake.

I can't haven't have this exact experience, and I can't say what it means to you, but hopefully you can find out for yourself.

Learn to use your spiritual eyes and ears and to trust them. How exciting and wonderful the experiences you will have!

~ Seeker
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #406 is a reply to message #396] Mon, 28 May 2012 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks very much for your reply Seeker. I really loved reading yours and your wife's story. Not sure if Im chatting with Mr. or Mrs. Seeker but I would be delighted to chat with you both more on this topic because it's one of the reason's why I believe I was led to this forum. There were ways that I could really relate with both you from that story. After having inquired of the Lord about my Spiritual Gifts and then being given those dreams I prayed some more on what I was meant to do to prepare so that I can use my gift for the Lord's purposes. I have never known or met anyone who had gifts of the spirit like this and knew anything about it. Seeing spirits is not something that I am currently able to do except for brief flashes of things I think I see sometimes but then usually talk myself out of somehow. And like I said, its something that still seams a little frightening to me and when I was young I was terrified of the possibility and I would worry about it. More or less, I usually sense spirits rather than actually see them like I did in my dream. Since joining the church the Lord has communicated with me often through dreams and as my testimony grew of the reality of where the dreams came from I began to have more of them.

I had an experience once where I had been studying and praying and I laid down for a nap and before I laid down I knew something was going to happen. I quickly fell asleep and the details of what happened are a little fuzzy but I can remember sort of floating up high above the earth. I have had many dreams before where I dreamt that was happening, only in the other ones I usually got REALLY scared and would soon after jolt awake. And it would end up being like a falling dream only I always feel the sensation of hitting the surface and my body would literally jump and I would wake up. But this time was different. I wasn't afraid at all and only felt peace and happiness. Soon I became aware that the Lord was with me. He was teaching me and pouring pure knowledge into my mind. I cannot remember the majority of what He was telling me but I do remember the excitement of it and the amazement I felt at how much I was able to comprehend and retain and how quickly I was absorbing the information and with such clarity. It felt amazing. Then I became aware that our time was coming to an end and that I would be waking up soon. I felt determined to remember at least some of what He had shared with me. The further away I drifted from him and the closer I got to waking up no matter how hard I fought against it I began forgetting. No matter how hard I tried the information just seemed to disappear. But right before waking up there was one last bit of information that I could still remember and I told myself to repeat it over and over and was determined not to forget it. And I began repeating it over and over in my mind so as to fight the forgetting. Then, suddenly wham. I Jolted awake and as soon as my eyes opened I was still repeating what I had been told over in my head. I had a little notebook and pen that I always kept by me when I slept and I wrote it down as quickly as I could so I would not forget it. Once I wrote it down I sat and marveled over what had just happened and I had the oddest feeling that I had not just been sleeping but that my spirit had actually left my body. But I had never heard of that happening when someone was sleeping at the time so I wasn't sure if it was even possible. I only recently have learned that sometimes people's spirits can and do leave their bodies while they sleep and that feeling I had about that experience was confirmed. I was so happy to find that out. The words I wrote down sounded like scripture verses. I have looked in the scriptures and never found these verses EXACTLY anywhere. But the verses themselves ring true and do coincide with what the scriptures say. The verses were as follows: And whosoever shall abide in the light; shall abide the day And whoseoever shall not abide the day; shall be set about in darkness. And I immediately knew that the verses were pertaing to the coming day of the Lord when He would return in all of His glory for the world to see. I was given to know that it meant that everyone who seeks the Lord and gets to know Him now would be protected but those who don't seek Him early and wait would be unprepared to endure His presence and they would be burned up at his coming and stuck in darkness and confusion. Weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth kind of thing. So the verses were not exactly super "fun." But I was and am still amazed and grateful that I was able to remember them and that the Lord would even endeavor to teach me anything. lol.

So I have been given dreams from time to time and my testimony continues to grow in the reality that He does give normal, lay people like me dreams. Though I do sometimes still question at times whether certain ones come from Him. Because likewise I am bothered in my sleep by evil spirits sometimes too and those dreams are always horrible. And then you also have your normal run of the mill dreams cooked up by your subconscious and imagination and judging from the craziness of some of my dreams I must have an active imagination.

But back to the original topic. I don't see spirits when I am awake. And aside from the times I have heard the Lord call my name out of sleep and the one time that my cousin and I heard some heavenly noise that we couldn't explain. (We had fallen asleep in the car while on the highway and didn't know we fell asleep -obviously, but what woke us both up was some heavenly sound that to this day I couldn't tell you what it was except that it wasn't earthly. I had no idea she had heard the sound too and my mind would have probably soon forgotten it if she hadn't asked me "Did you hear that?" And suddenly I said, "Wait, You heard it too?") But aside from those instances I don't really see things or hear things when I am fully awake.

I know that I have conversed with my Father who passed away last year in my dreams more than once. The first time it happened was not long after he died and I asked the Lord if he would allow us to speak while I was asleep because by that time I had figured out that our spirits can converse with others while we are sleeping. I asked him to please just allow me to remember enough to know it happened. And then that night while I slept I did in fact talk with my Father although I wasn't allowed to remember most of the conversation, just like I had asked, I remembered just enough to know he was ok and that I did talk with him. Since that time I have talked with my father a few times in my sleep but usually am never permitted to remember anything we talk about.

So after trying to accept that those recent dreams are from HF and were an answer to prayers - and he knowing that communicating with me through dreams seems to work for me because I have Faith in that avenue- used that means to give me my answer. But since then I have been at a loss to find out exactly what I am supposed to do. So I prayed for help and guidance and that I would be led to whomever or whatever tools I needed to better understand that type of Gift and what a seer really is and how to prepare myself for what he wants. I have been studying my scriptures on it since then and still praying. But I still have no idea what to do with that info. Obviously I need to be prepared but how do you use a gift you never have before? Is it just something that's going to suddenly start to happen at some point? These are all questions I am asking the Lord but when I was on this forum reading and saw others talking about seers and something about a book I knew it wasn't a coincidence. And I then asked the Lord if it was He who brought me here and I felt the Spirit confirm that to me. So I guess Im just here mostly to learn and I am eager to do so. :)Sorry for the very long winded reply.
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #409 is a reply to message #406] Mon, 28 May 2012 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As promised, I posted the story about talking with my dead grandma here...

The Gift of a Seer

~ Seeker
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #410 is a reply to message #406] Mon, 28 May 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
But aside from those instances I don't really see things or hear things when I am fully awake

That is because your physical body is so loud and demanding that it drowns out the input you receive from your spirit body. When your physical body is resting your spirit body becomes easier to use/recognize. That is why meditating is so useful. It quiets the physical body so you can be in tune with your spiritual body.

Also, while meditating you are less likely to forget stuff. You can even talk into a microphone or if you get really good at keeping the physical body from overpowering the spiritual body, you can write things down as they happen.

The experience I shared with my Grandma, (The link I provided in my last post), happened while in a car. My wife was driving. But I was completely awake and coherent and talking to her. Eyes opened, etc. After talking to my Grandma I immediately used my cell phone to call my dad. While on the phone with my dad/mom, I would talk to them and pass new information to my Grandma and Grandma would respond and I would tell my mom. Kind of like having a phone on each ear. My mom on one phone and my Grandma on the other.

This type of experience will seem pretty normal in the Millennium, when the veil is rent. But why wait when we don't have to?

It's like a mussel. Weak at first, but stronger or more discernible and recognizable with use/practice.

Quote:
The verses were as follows: And whosoever shall abide in the light; shall abide the day And whoseoever shall not abide the day; shall be set about in darkness. And I immediately knew that the verses were pertaing to the coming day of the Lord when He would return in all of His glory for the world to see. I was given to know that it meant that everyone who seeks the Lord and gets to know Him now would be protected but those who don't seek Him early and wait would be unprepared to endure His presence and they would be burned up at his coming and stuck in darkness and confusion.

This is why the 144,000 are calling as many as will come to the church of the firstborn. There must be a large group prepared to receive Christ at his second coming. They are prepared because they have already received him and been brought back into his presence, (Second Comforter). This is all happening in preparation for the Millennium.

~ Seeker
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #413 is a reply to message #410] Mon, 28 May 2012 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I ask? Meditating is not something I get to do often but something I have attempted at various occasions. I have two toddlers and a baby on the way so finding quiet time can really be a challenge. Right now they are napping which is giving me much needed time to study, ponder, and pray. Anyway, I do know there were a couple times while I was meditating that I starting hearing some strange humming sound and started to feel funny and I felt like if I kept doing what I was doing something would happen but every time I get scared and stop. Do you know what that is or ever experienced that before? Maybe Im just weird. LOL! Laughing Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #414 is a reply to message #413] Mon, 28 May 2012 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Quote:
Anyway, I do know there were a couple times while I was meditating that I starting hearing some strange humming sound and started to feel funny and I felt like if I kept doing what I was doing something would happen but every time I get scared and stop. Do you know what that is or ever experienced that before? Maybe Im just weird. LOL!
Your not weird, look on google for "humming sound meditating" and other such searches. This is very common. Your on track. Just acknowledge the sound and continue on.
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #415 is a reply to message #414] Mon, 28 May 2012 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Idea Amonhi. I'll google it. Why not? Everything else can be googled. lol. Thanks for the reply.
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #720 is a reply to message #406] Thu, 26 July 2012 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Ashleyd You have special spiritual gifts that your dreams are teaching you about. You have a fear of embracing your true spiritual self. As a child, you had the gift, but were frightened by your experiences [perhaps because of the reaction of adults]and have been fearful ever since. You have been sent at this time with these spiritual gifts so that you can bless many lives.
You have already experienced "seeing" with your spiritual eyes, but just don't quite fully understand it.
What does it mean to see with spiritual eyes? Our spirit sees things which our body cannot. Seeing with spiritual eyes is like seeing with one's imagination. The way to discern whether we are seeing something with our spiritual eyes or our own imaginings is to run a spiritual test. Simply put, the test consists of pondering how your conscience would feel if you were to deny the reality of what you are seeing. If you sense with your spiritual eyes the presence of an angel or spirit, but doubt yourself, deny it within yourself and your conscience will feel guilty as though you were lying to the Spirit. If it is your own imaginings, your conscience will feel okay. The Hindus call your spiritual eye your third eye. It is located in the middle of your forehead. You already sense these beings; you were just not aware that you are seeing with your spiritual eyes. This is what seers do. With practice, you will find that you see spirits often. Your dreams are designed to teach you not to be afraid, but to use your gift to bless many lives.

Bishop
Re: Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #1390 is a reply to message #720] Wed, 07 November 2012 13:32 Go to previous message
JulesGP

bishop wrote on Thu, 26 July 2012 01:31
Ashleyd You have special spiritual gifts that your dreams are teaching you about. You have a fear of embracing your true spiritual self. As a child, you had the gift, but were frightened by your experiences [perhaps because of the reaction of adults]and have been fearful ever since. You have been sent at this time with these spiritual gifts so that you can bless many lives.
You have already experienced "seeing" with your spiritual eyes, but just don't quite fully understand it.
What does it mean to see with spiritual eyes? Our spirit sees things which our body cannot. Seeing with spiritual eyes is like seeing with one's imagination. The way to discern whether we are seeing something with our spiritual eyes or our own imaginings is to run a spiritual test. Simply put, the test consists of pondering how your conscience would feel if you were to deny the reality of what you are seeing. If you sense with your spiritual eyes the presence of an angel or spirit, but doubt yourself, deny it within yourself and your conscience will feel guilty as though you were lying to the Spirit. If it is your own imaginings, your conscience will feel okay. The Hindus call your spiritual eye your third eye. It is located in the middle of your forehead. You already sense these beings; you were just not aware that you are seeing with your spiritual eyes. This is what seers do. With practice, you will find that you see spirits often. Your dreams are designed to teach you not to be afraid, but to use your gift to bless many lives.

Bishop - you seem to speak with authority and understanding. I would like to know more about your understanding of these things - with the hope that it will help answer some of my own questions and help me to learn more about my own spiritual gifts. I've been reading on exactly what you've described here - the "third eye" concept - and other things that go along with that. There is so much information out there that is peppered with un-truths that have to be picked through, but I haven't found much that can teach pure truths. Joseph Smith had some experience with these things but it seems that he didn't leave a LOT of information - at least not what I'm hoping for. Can you offer more from your experience? Thanks so much for what you have offered already! Jules

~Jules
Previous Topic: Open Visions of the Future
Next Topic: I dreamed of my father last night.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:00:33 MDT 2024