Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » Closing Thoughts and Remarks (Discuss points related to this chapter.)
Closing Thoughts and Remarks [message #13] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:56 Go to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating the chapter, "Closing Thoughts and Remarks".
Re: Closing Thoughts and Remarks [message #620 is a reply to message #13] Sat, 07 July 2012 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I want to write more on this (and the other sections as well...), but I stumbled across something that is confusing to me. This section of the book has the "glossary" and defines the More Sure Word of Prophecy as the following:

Quote:
The testimony of Christ is the spirit of prophecy, (Rev.19:10). The sure knowledge of Christ is the more sure word of Prophecy. This comes when we are introduced to Christ in person and the testimony becomes more sure.

But I just ran across this quote that seems to say that the More Sure Word of Prophecy is receiving our C&E...???

Quote:
D&C 131:5
5 (May 17th, 1843.) The more sure word of prophecy means a man's knowing that he is sealed up unto eternal life, by revelation and the spirit of prophecy, through the power of the Holy Priesthood.

Can someone clarify this for me and help me understand?

~Jules
Re: Closing Thoughts and Remarks [message #622 is a reply to message #620] Sat, 07 July 2012 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
The scripture D&C 93:1 "Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;"
This is the process of coming to know with perfect knowledge that Jesus does live.
There are four parts to having all of the blessings of C&E.
One is the above experience. Second would be to be filled with the power of the Holy Ghost and to hear the Father say unto you,"calling you by name, my son or daughter, thou shall have eternal life. Thou shall be exalted." This is what is called to have the Holy Spirit of Promise. Third is to have a person or angel who has the power to bind on earth and in heaven to lay hands upon your head and seal you up to eternal life. Fourth is to have the Second Comforter which is to have the Savior come to you on an ongoing basis to teach you personally face to face. These things can happen all at once - meaning that Christ comes to you personally and the Father then declares unto you at that time that you will have eternal life. And Christ would then lay His hands upon you and seal you up to eternal life. Then He would then return to you on an ongoing basis to teach you things beyond the things mentioned in the temple. These four events could be decades apart from each other as well. Everything happens in the Lord's own way and in the Lord's own time line. As an example, Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son in the grove of trees at fourteen years old, but did not receive his C&E until 1831 eleven years later.
Re: Closing Thoughts and Remarks [message #628 is a reply to message #622] Sun, 08 July 2012 10:26 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Wonderful analysis, KenH. Up until I read this thread, I thought they all happened at once. Thanks for the clarification.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: Forward - Who is the author, Elliaison?
Next Topic: Greater Than Gold
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:10:26 MDT 2024