Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » My Very Brief Story (How I got the Promise)
My Very Brief Story [message #359] Sat, 19 May 2012 08:14 Go to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I figure I had better put my money where my mouth was, so here is how I got it.

While receiving a revelation on another topic, I was told among other things, "Blessed art thou Amonhi, for thy work is found acceptable to the Lord and thou shalt have eternal life."

It was witnessed by the Holy Ghost, and I knew it was true.

I have since that time received all the blessings associated with the Second Endowment. (D&C 76:50-70)

Amonhi
Re: My Very Brief Story [message #679 is a reply to message #359] Sun, 22 July 2012 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Amonhi, There are some amazing blessings and promises and responsibilities in that section of scriptures. You have told me of some of these things in other posts and messages, but I have a couple of questions. First, is this specifically (The Second Endowment) talking about a calling to be one of the 144,000 or something else?

Also, can you elaborate on this section in particular? Is there anything more you can tell me about it and how it applies to you? Have you had physical as well as spiritual changes, or is that yet to come?

Quote:
70 These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is written of as being typical.

Thank you for sharing your (brief) story!! Smile

~Jules
Re: My Very Brief Story [message #691 is a reply to message #679] Mon, 23 July 2012 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
JulesGP wrote on Sat, 21 July 2012 23:10
Amonhi, There are some amazing blessings and promises and responsibilities in that section of scriptures. You have told me of some of these things in other posts and messages, but I have a couple of questions. First, is this specifically (The Second Endowment) talking about a calling to be one of the 144,000 or something else?

This section, D&C 76:50-70, is specifically about those who will be resurrected in the first resurrection. Consequently they are also the group that is going to the Celestial Kingdom, the Church of the Firstborn, etc.

Receiving your calling and election made sure is the promise that you will be exalted in the Celestial Glory. According to these verses of scripture, all those who meet the requirements listed in D&C 76:51-53 receive the blessings and promises listed in verses 54-70.

The requirements are:
  • Fulfill the Preparatory Gospel of Faith, repentance, baptism, remission of sins which prepares you to receive the Fulness of the Gospel
  • Receive the Fulness of the Gospel which IS the Holy Ghost which tells you ALL things what you should do, Hence it is the Fulness of the Gospel from God directly to you for every situation.
  • Learn to Overcome by Faith
  • Be sealed to your exaltation by the Holy Ghost (Gain a witness by the Spirit that you will be Exalted. This is gained in the same way you gain a generic witness of the Book of Mormon or a specific revelation etc. When the Holy Ghost witnesses regarding a promise of God to you, it is called "The Holy Spirit of Promise".
The scripture tells us that all those who meet these criteria have or will have all the blessings listed in verses 54-70. Many C&E'rs do not realize that. They can simply pray for conformation from the spirit regarding this scripture to verify that it applies to them.

It is the spiritual ordinance that The Second Anointing is pointing to. The Second Anointing is the sign post for Calling and Election as well as the many blessings listed here. The physical ordinance/blessings must be sealed/witnessed to the individual by the Holy Spirit of Promise before God is bound to keep the promises of the physical ordinance, or in other words, the spiritual ordinance must be performed with or without the physical ordinance to be binding to God.
Quote:
Also, can you elaborate on this section in particular? Is there anything more you can tell me about it and how it applies to you? Have you had physical as well as spiritual changes, or is that yet to come?
I have not been "twinkled". I am not comfortable discussing the meaning of these blessings in relation to myself, but will discuss them generically in other areas of the forum.

(The definition of the Church of the Firstborn as contained in the last chapter of "The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ" by Elliaison explains that the Church of the Firstborn are those who are equal in all things with Christ and will receive an equal inheritance as Firstborn Sons and Daughters of God. There is no longer a separation between Christ and the latter-day Saints like there is in "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". We, with Christ, are ALL "Firstborn" and heirs to the promise and all that God has.

These are things that are mainly discussed in the Firstborn section of the forum. Just like we must learn to receive and maintain the Holy Ghost, we must learn to receive and maintain the Second Comforter and all the blessings promised here. The firstborn section of the forum is where those who are working toward that end discuss the principles and concepts and experiences related to these blessings. None of this has any bearing on those who have not yet obtained the promise. So it is better to "plow with the Horses you have" and seek to obtain the promise before you worry about the blessings and promises you have not yet received. It is enough to know that there is an entire world of experience, growth and blessing reserved for those who are "valiant in the testimony of Christ unto obtaining the crown". "All Things Become New" when you obtain your C&E made sure.

You asked me to elaborate on the following scripture:"D&C 76:70
These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is written of as being typical.

We are progressing through the kingdoms right now just as Adam does in the Temple endowment Ceremony. Here is a section from a post I made in the Firstborn area:
"Amonhi"
Our bodies are quickened by the glory which we have presently obtained. We will rise with the body we have created which is quickened by the glory or intelligence which we have conditioned it to. In other words, our bodies right now are quickened by some degree of glory and whatever degree of glory our bodies are quickened by will rise with us.

Those who have their calling and election made sure are quickened by the Celestial glory and their bodies ARE Celestial bodies.

"D&C 88:27-32"
27 For notwithstanding they die, they also shall arise again, a spiritual body.

28 They who are of a celestial spirit shall receive the same body which was a natural body; even ye shall receive your bodies, and your glory shall be that glory by which your bodies are quickened.

29 Ye who are quickened by a portion of the celestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

30 And they who are quickened by a portion of the terrestrial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

31 And also they who are quickened by a portion of the telestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

32 And they who remain shall also be quickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received.

"D&C 76:64 &70
These are they who shall have part in the first resurrection.

These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is written of as being typical.

They are Celestial bodies already and shall at some future time come forth in the first resurrection.

To answer the rest of your questions:
Having your Calling and Election made sure does not mean that you are ordained a Missionary for the Church of the Firstborn, (144,000). That is a calling in the church of the Firstborn.

Having Your Calling and Election made Sure does mean that you are given all the blessings in D&C 76:54-70 as explained above. These are also all the blessings promised by the Second Anointing Ordinance which is the physical sign post for the Spiritual ordinance of Calling and Election made sure/Having your Exaltation Sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise. It is just like how the physical Baptism of Water is the physical symbol/sign post of the spiritual Baptism of Fire.
Re: My Very Brief Story [message #715 is a reply to message #691] Thu, 26 July 2012 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
In the Jewish prophetic tradition 144,000 is a representation of a perfect number. It does not necessarily mean that there are 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes. It means that it is a perfect work by the tribes. After naming the 12,000 from each tribe, in verses 4 to 8, it appears that John sees the results of the missionary work which was done:

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and , and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

This implies to me that the work will snowball from the original 144,000 until "a great multitude, which no man could number" is gathered into the Church of the First Born. Therefor it is a great and perfect work. So my point is that it may be that there have been and will be many who are called to this work of bringing the faithful into the Church of the First Born, even on both sides of the veil. It may not be so definitive [like we think as non-Jews] as to say that the missionary force is limited to 12,000 from each tribe.

JulesGP asked concerning state of Amonhi in reference to the promises and descriptions in D&C 76. Hopefully the following comments will help to crystallize her understanding.

One of the "big let downs" of those who receive their CE is to realize that just as they learned "line upon line and precept upon precept, here a little and there a little" as they progressed after their conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Saints, they must struggle, ponder and continue to learn after CE. They do have a much faster learning ability which they have mostly developed and refined in their progression to CE. But they still have to work for virtually every crumb of new knowledge and growth they obtain. They have access to angels, Gods, and the Holy Spirit, but they must learn how to use this access [but isn't it true that any member of the LDS Church has this access?]. They have potential for much greater spiritual gifts than before, but they must develop their gifts just as they developed their ability to use the gift of the Holy Ghost. The point is that they have these tremendous blessings pronounced upon them as listed in the D&C, but it is a process to receive and develop them. There is no free lunch. There is a much bigger lunch, but it actually costs more Smile. We just have a greater ability to pay for that more expensive lunch. It goes along with what President Heber J. Grant stated [paraphrased], "The more we do a task, the easier it becomes; not that the task gets easier, but that our ability to do it increases." This observation describes the learning ability of a CEer to a "t." I am convinced that he was referring to this very phenomenon when he made this statement. It turns out that as we learn to receive revelation, at some point, we reach a spiritual level that requires that we receive our CE. Just as the Lord told the brother of Jared that he could not withhold his presence from the Brother of Jared, we cannot be withheld from receiving CE when we have reached a certain level of spirituality.

What is spirituality? I believe that a good definition of "spirituality" is: The ability to communicate with righteous [spiritual] beings on both sides of the veil, facilitated by one's spirit learning to subdue one's body. So as we develop our ability to communicate with righteous beings on both sides of the veil, at some point, it is imperative that we receive our CE.

I am hoping that this is helpful in explaining the question that JulesGP asked about Amonhi and his condition in relation to the promises in the D&C concerning celestial beings. It is always a work in progress, not a static state of being.

Bishop
Re: My Very Brief Story [message #1149 is a reply to message #691] Fri, 21 September 2012 17:41 Go to previous message
Jeremy is currently offline  Jeremy

Amonhi wrote on Mon, 23 July 2012 10:47
"All Things Become New" when you obtain your C&E made sure.

Higher sphere, higher law?
Previous Topic: Multiple Experiences as given by President Romney
Next Topic: When did I know?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:40:40 MDT 2024