Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » The Four Relationships we have with Christ (A look at the different ways we relate to Jesus Christ as we progress.)
The Four Relationships we have with Christ [message #358] Sun, 29 April 2012 21:30 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Stranger
The first relationship is being a stranger to Christ. This is descriptive of those who do not know Jesus, or do not know Him enough to follow what He teaches. These people are worthy of the Telestial Kingdom, as they have not allowed Christ into their lives.

Servant
When we first make a commitment to follow Christ, we pledge to serve Him, and obey His commands. There are many scriptures about service, serving others, and speaking of servants in parables in relation to the Lord of this or that. These are worthy of at least the Terrestrial Kingdom. They have made room in their hearts for Jesus.

Son
As we follow the teachings of Christ, and grow through His grace, we become adopted into the family of Christ. Jesus Christ becomes our Father, and we become His children, thus He is the Father and the Son. These are those who are worthy of the Celestial Kingdom. They have proven they will follow Jesus.

Savior
As we continue to grow, Jesus has organized the gospel in such a way to allow us to be a Savior to others. As we perform temple work for our ancestors, we act as a Savior to those who accept the work they could never do for themselves. We eventually become equals with Christ, having received everything the Father has. These are those worthy of the Highest Degree of the Celestial Kingdom (as long as the other obvious requirements are met). These are also known as the friends of Jesus.

Please comment and question on this quick analysis. I can find scriptures to back each of these, but just wanted to collect the thoughts first. Or did I forget that I heard this somewhere else?

- Dragon

- Dragon

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 16:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Four Relationships we have with Christ [message #498 is a reply to message #358] Sun, 17 June 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Primary Teacher is currently offline  Primary Teacher
I would list them as Stranger, Servant, Son/Daughter, and Friend/Co-Worker/Savior on Mt. Zion

~ a Primary Teacher
Re: The Four Relationships we have with Christ [message #508 is a reply to message #498] Mon, 18 June 2012 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Primary Teacher,
Your definitions definitely are more inclusive, and also indicate terms which are implied, and found in the scriptures. I used the abbreviated ones I did so they all start with S and are therefore easier to remember.
More to the point, I do not believe someone can really be a friend unless you consider them an equal. That is why friend is not a separate category. When Jesus can call us His friends, we are also Saviors to others (hence co-worker). Not boss, not employee, but co-worker.

- Dragon

- Dragon
Re: The Four Relationships we have with Christ [message #1625 is a reply to message #508] Mon, 17 December 2012 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daryl is currently offline  Daryl
What about the 'friend' status? That one is pretty important as we progress. There is nothing like the Lord telling us, we are friends and what that means to him. Smile
Re: The Four Relationships we have with Christ [message #1628 is a reply to message #1625] Mon, 17 December 2012 22:02 Go to previous message
In order to truly be a friend, you must first be equals. Thus the relationship with Christ as your Friend is when you are a Savior to others. As I mentioned above, I wanted to make all of them start with S. Friend is a better term for the last relationship.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: The Principle of Compensation
Next Topic: Mormon Guilt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:52:30 MDT 2024