Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » Lamanite time reckoning.
Lamanite time reckoning. [message #348] Wed, 28 September 2011 09:19 Go to next message
Primary Teacher is currently offline  Primary Teacher
I read this scripture and wondered, Did the ancient Nephites recon their time differently than Mormon? Or did the Lamanites recon time differently than the Nephites?

14 Therefore Ammon turned himself unto the king, and said unto him: What wilt thou that I should do for thee, O king? And the king answered him not for the space of an hour, according to their time, for he knew not what he should say unto him.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 18:14)

~ a Primary Teacher
Re: Lamanite time reckoning. [message #349 is a reply to message #348] Mon, 03 October 2011 13:36 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Interesting observation. I is my opinion that they measured time differently with a different vocabulary and that the result was that it was about an hour in Joseph Smith's time, (As he was the translator). This was pre-christ and so was not likely the same time as after Christ either. It seems, but I could be wrong, that Nephite/Lamanite culture experienced massive shifts in technology around the time of Christ's visit. One of those shifts was in their time and calendar system.
Previous Topic: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah
Next Topic: Arguments for a Christian Army
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:16:39 MDT 2024