Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » How Does It Really Happen? (Discuss points related to this chapter.)
How Does It Really Happen? [message #12] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:55 Go to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating the chapter, "How Does It Really Happen?"
Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #467 is a reply to message #12] Thu, 07 June 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
In my experience, it happens after God has run a person through the mill and found that they're willing to stick with Him even though it would be easier to say God doesn't care/doesn't exist and also to walk away from the church - but the person does neither.
Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #472 is a reply to message #467] Sat, 09 June 2012 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
For some people, they have to be tried that hard before they can receive the blessing.

My experience felt much easier, but some onlookers might say that it was hard. From my view point, I just did what was right and in my best interests while continuing to learn and grow. It was everyday ho-hum to walk to my own beat against the grain. I was so used to doing my own thing that I didn't need to be tested to see if I would go against the world and risk everything etc. Just another revelation among many.

You could say that I was already willing to go and do and God knew it and I knew it so there was no need to prove it more than I already had. I didn't experience any MAJOR Life altering, kill Isaac, leave the church type trials before I was given the promise.

I think that how it really happens is largely answered in the many experiences which have been shared and which are being shared.

It might be useful to start a thread about what we tend to think is required and have those who have already received the blessing chime in with whether they feel they met the requirements that people who have not yet received it might list. I know for a fact that I could not possibly live up to the requirements others have given me on other forums. LOL, another reason why we should let God set the requirements by asking the 3 questions given later in the book.
Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #596 is a reply to message #12] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
I think you may be right, Amonhi.

I didn't know what had happened until fairly recently. Looking back, I saw that I wasn't ready to know what had happened because I needed the experience of praying for my ex and feeling the incredible love of Christ for him when I saw him in court. (For me, I needed the experiences.)

I think the reason I didn't find out soon after was that I didn't think to ask. In fact, I didn't think to ask until I read John Pontius' site and he delineated the steps and said they had to be in that order. I made a comment and disagreed because I'd had the fruits of going farther (and did not believe I'd had the experience of c&e). He backed down and said, maybe it wasn't always in that order. But the words worked on my mind and heart until I prayed and asked God if I'd had that promise. I was told that, indeed, I had and was shown when it happened (when I chose to stick with God and the church even though to do so seemed futile). I was also shown that I would not have been told this until after the experience with my ex because the process was not complete until after then.
Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #598 is a reply to message #596] Fri, 29 June 2012 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Very interesting points. I hope that you will write up your experience in the "How I gained my Calling and Election Made Sure" section of the forum. I, and I am sure others, would love to hear about it. As much as you feel comfortable sharing.

Amonhi
Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #1570 is a reply to message #596] Tue, 11 December 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TruthSeeker is currently offline  TruthSeeker
Thanks Eve for sharing.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2012 11:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How Does It Really Happen? [message #1578 is a reply to message #598] Tue, 11 December 2012 11:34 Go to previous message
TruthSeeker is currently offline  TruthSeeker
Eve: Thanks for sharing. I am fairly new to John Pontius blog. Which posts might you be referring to when you mention he delineated the steps and said they had to be in that order with Calling and Election process?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2012 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Who Can Make Their Calling and Election Sure
Next Topic: The Rock or Sure Foundation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:30:46 MDT 2024