Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah (What knowledge prevents our destruction?)
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah [message #299] Thu, 21 April 2011 10:51 Go to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Quote:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: - Hosea 4:6

Quote:
A man is saved no faster than he gains knowledge. - Joseph Smith

What knowledge prevents our destruction?
What knowledge saves us?
Re: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah [message #302 is a reply to message #299] Thu, 21 April 2011 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The saving ordinances and founding principles of the Gospel are the knowledge which saves. Faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. Repentance of sins. Baptism by immersion, and living by the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

Furthermore, being endowed with the knowledge necessary to pass the sentinel angels guarding the way into the Kingdom of Heaven. And, most importantly, being sealed to an eternal companion who also possesses this knowledge.

- Dragon
Re: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah [message #305 is a reply to message #302] Mon, 25 April 2011 16:57 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Quote:
Add to your faith knowledge, etc. The principle of knowledge is the principle of salvation. This principle can be comprehended by the faithful and diligent; and every one that does not obtain knowledge sufficient to be saved will be condemned. The principle of salvation is given us through the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Salvation Is to Triumph over Enemies

Salvation is nothing more nor less than to triumph over all our enemies and put them under our feet. And when we have power to put all enemies under our feet in this world, and a knowledge to triumph over all evil spirits in the world to come, then we are saved, as in the case of Jesus, who was to reign until He had put all enemies under His feet, and the last enemy was death.- Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44, p.297

It seems by this that the destruction comes from our enemies and the salvation comes from having enough knowledge to prevent our enemies from over powering us.

In the case of our Country, it seems that it will only be saved if we can learn how to prevent those who are trying to destroy it from succeeding.

~ Seeker
Previous Topic: The Parable of the Stars
Next Topic: Lamanite time reckoning.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:53:51 MDT 2024