Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » Arguments for a Christian Army (Seeking feedback on a paragraph out of an upcoming book)
Arguments for a Christian Army [message #285] Thu, 14 April 2011 10:28 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The following is an impassioned speech made by Pope Honorius V, some time around 2020. I am writing a book, and have a scene in which the Pope and Pres. Monson discuss arguments for and against forming a Christian based army. In the book, the Pope's motivation is based on the successful assassination of two Popes within six years. Please keep this in mind when reading the following arguments:

When preaching has failed, for thousands of years, to convert those who hate and revile you, it becomes necessary to change the social climate. Anciently, God commanded that those occupying the promised land be slain. Israel suffered much when they did not follow this command. King David was one of the greatest kings of Israel because he subjugated all his enemies. Any challenge to his rule was met with swift and decisive action. As long as God was on his side, he was unstoppable. Jesus said: "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:" John 18:36
In this day and age, God's Kingdom is here on the Earth. The Christian churches spans the entire globe. If we, as Christians, were able to mobilize with a united purpose, we could put an end to these terrorist attacks. We could affect global change by encouraging the rest of the Muslim community to denounce the fringe aspect which causes so much death and destruction in our world. We must unite once more behind the banner of the cross to drive out those who refuse to let others worship as they believe. It is only the fringe element which must be eradicated. As such, a global Christian based army could put an end to this conflict, once and for all. So I ask you, brothers and sisters, will you stand with me?

- Dragon

- Dragon
Re: Arguments for a Christian Army [message #540 is a reply to message #285] Sun, 24 June 2012 15:09 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
The interesting thing about your book is that there is a theory persistent on the internet that implicates the Catholic Jesuit priests with everything from the sinking of the Titanic to the assassination of John F. Kennedy in order to bring about the New World Order. It has some compelling documentation. The thing that tempts me to believe it is that it would explain the constancy of the secret combinations of our day which have worked toward the same goals for decades, if not centuries. A fervent religious belief that the world should be under the control of one religion can carry something like this for a very long time, whereas simple greed could not persist so well with consistent goals for such a long time. Also, it brings much affirmation to the book of Revelation when it comes to the beasts and the image of the beast, etc. Perhaps a little googling on this topic can feed your imagination.

Indeed, in your book, the Pope's ultimate goal would be to put all Christianity under his rule once the other world religions were conquered.

Oh, when I first read your statement, I thought that the current pope assassinated the other two. But it changes little in my post.

Bishop
Previous Topic: Lamanite time reckoning.
Next Topic: The Law of Tithing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:23:44 MDT 2024