Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Arm of the Lord (Is it a person, or the actions of God?)
The Arm of the Lord [message #823] Sun, 05 August 2012 09:10 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Scriptures
D&C 45
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud. 46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth. 47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations. 48 And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.

D&C 1
13 And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth. 14 And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people; 15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;

2 Nephi, Isaiah 51
9 Awake, awake! Put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake as in the ancient days. Art thou not he that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? 10 Art thou not he who hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?

D&C 90
9 That through your administration they may receive the word, and through their administration the word may go forth unto the ends of the earth, unto the Gentiles first, and then, behold, and lo, they shall turn unto the Jews. 10 And then cometh the day when the arm of the Lord shall be revealed in power in convincing the nations, the heathen nations, the house of Joseph, of the gospel of their salvation. 11 For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter, shed forth upon them for the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Mosiah 14, Isaiah 53
1 Yea, even doth not Isaiah say: Who hath a believed our report, and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

These are the quotes I could find quickly referencing the Arm of the Lord. Some of these verses indicate it is the actions of the Lord. However, why does the Lord need to wake up? Why does He need to be reminded of His past deed? Therefore, I believe the Arm of the Lord is a person who will oversee the preaching of the gospel in the heathen nations, the last missionary effort before the millennium of peace.

- Dragon
Re: The Arm of the Lord [message #828 is a reply to message #823] Sun, 05 August 2012 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
Perhaps the arm of the Lord references a group of people, not just an individual.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: The Arm of the Lord [message #830 is a reply to message #828] Mon, 06 August 2012 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
An interesting thought. Can you give some support for your supposition?

- Dragon
Re: The Arm of the Lord [message #831 is a reply to message #830] Mon, 06 August 2012 06:13 Go to previous message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
No, it was just a thought. Smile

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Previous Topic: Salvation and the Atonement
Next Topic: The Divine Brotherhood of the Universe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 18:27:16 MDT 2024