Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » With the End in Mind » Moses' Relationship With God (Discuss the topic.)
Moses' Relationship With God [message #93] Thu, 01 July 2010 19:42 Go to next message
Elliaison
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating Moses relationship with God.

~ Elliaison
Re: Moses' Relationship With God [message #145 is a reply to message #93] Sat, 24 July 2010 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Moses was a type and shadow for Jesus Christ. At an early age, the ruler of the land sought his life based on a prophecy of his birth as the one who would lead his people out of slavery and bondage. He was protected by the family of Pharaoh until the danger had passed. He was perceived as a threat to the leadership of the land when he came of age. He saw God face to face. He performed many miracles. He was a god unto Pharaoh.
Quote:
Exodus 7:1 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

It is interesting to note the history of the Pharaohs.
Quote:
Abraham 1:25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.

It is known that Noah's great-grand son, Pharaoh, sought the Priesthood, but was denied. Thus, he set up the government of Egypt in the image of the priesthood, and declared himself a god. When it was time to deliver His people, God made Moses a god unto a false god, Pharaoh. Like with the Nephites, the Egyptians called their ruler after the name of a beloved founder, no matter what his name was before taking office.

Moses was a god to more than just Pharaoh, as implied by:
Quote:
Numbers 12:5 And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Prophets, then, see God in visions and dreams. Only someone who is more than a prophet, sees God face to face. What other status can there be above a prophet, than a god?

- Dragon

- Dragon
Re: Moses' Relationship With God [message #586 is a reply to message #145] Thu, 28 June 2012 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
A Seer is said to be greater than a prophet. But Moses was a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. Smile
Re: Moses' Relationship With God [message #606 is a reply to message #586] Mon, 02 July 2012 23:56 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Yes, he was a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. He also gave counsel to God as an equal. He was the God of Israel. As has been mentioned in other posts, Joseph Smith may be considered the God of the Restored Church. Some day soon, there will be a God in Jerusalem, and another in Zion, and another in the City of Enoch, all of whom will be waiting for the God of Heaven and Earth to return to Earth.

- Dragon
Previous Topic: The Qualifications for Godhood
Next Topic: With the End in Mind
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 16:20:41 MDT 2024