Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » With the End in Mind » D&C 76:50-70 - Those who will be Resurrected with the Just (Discuss these scriptures.)
D&C 76:50-70 - Those who will be Resurrected with the Just [message #91] Thu, 01 July 2010 19:38 Go to next message
Elliaison
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating to D&C 76:50-70.

~ Elliaison
Re: D&C 76:50-70 - Those who will be Resurrected with the Just [message #138 is a reply to message #91] Wed, 21 July 2010 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
<rant> I find it a sad fact these things are taught within the church as things to be understood after the resurrection. What does it take to become like brother Joseph? He was 14 when he had the first vision. Was it really 3 years before the second vision?
As these verses focus on the goal of our mortal existence, why are they not taught more often and discussed frequently? Sadly I already know the answer. Too many members of the church continue to wallow in the same sins which have plagued the church for over 150 years. Is it really so strange to have visions of the future, as I have? Is it really so strange to prophesy for others, as I have done? Is it really so strange to remember the pre-existence, as I do? Is it really so strange to see angels from time to time as I have? And if these things really are strange, why can't I talk about them more openly in church? Where is the weekly meeting to hear of people's visions and angelic visits? Are they really so sacred and holy they cannot be shared? Why can't we set aside those things which hold us back and speak more openly of these things as they did in the days of Joseph? </rant>

- Dragon

- Dragon
Re: D&C 76:50-70 - Those who will be Resurrected with the Just [message #580 is a reply to message #138] Wed, 27 June 2012 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
Dragon,

I fully sympathize with your yearning and disappointment as well. Most saints are wonderful people and are trying to improve as we are all commanded to do. There is an awakening of sorts that is beginning to manifest itself with some people in the church. The lesson late last year about Peter's plea in the New Testament to have our calling and election made sure, the more sure word of prophecy, was very interesting indeed. Most people in the Sunday school class were not willing to accept that they should or even could accomplish this in this life. But the discussion was very constructive inasmuch that at the end of the class some saints commented that they are seeing the concept and possibility for themselves that they didn't have when the class began. When enough people are willing to cast off their unbelief and begin to see themselves achieving this great blessing then the out pouring of the Holy Spirit will begin to manifest itself closer to the way you desire that it could. The cleansing of the tares and unwise virgins will bring this about. I feel that the Lord has a plan for each and everyone of us who have had the blessings that we have been given so that we will be given many opportunities in the near future to help people in small groups or individually those who will need our service of love to help them receive these marvelous spiritual blessings that will prepare them to rise to the level the Lord knows that they can accomplish in this life. Great things are in the works! Smile
Re: D&C 76:50-70 - Those who will be Resurrected with the Just [message #614 is a reply to message #580] Tue, 03 July 2012 16:58 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Laughing
KenH,
Thank you for the encouragement. I had the pleasure of teaching Gospel Doctrine three weeks in a row for the past three weeks. In that time, I covered one section where Alma teachings things which CANNOT be written (aka Calling and Election) and then proceeds to tell the most wicked of the Nephites that if they repent, they can have their calling and election made sure, and become High Priests after the Holy order of God.

Then, Ammon preaches to the Lamanites, and many of them have their Calling and Election made sure on the same day they hear the gospel in its fulness for the first time. These chapters (the first 25 chapters of Alma) are excellent to study in terms of how to have one's C&E made sure, and what is required. (Understand the three pillars of the church, repent, be baptized, and allow the veil of darkness to be lifted from your eyes.)

So, on Sunday, I was excited and concerned. I was fully prepared to teach lesson 25 as an instruction manual on C&E. But the Spirit did constrain me, and only allowed me to say in my closing remarks that those chapters were excellent for teaching people how to accomplish the purpose of the Church, which is to Bring people to Christ in a very literal fashion. There was no room for discussion or questions. That was all I was allowed to say. I have spoken more openly to a handful of teenagers than I am able to speak to their parents.

I could tell there were people in the room who were ready for what I wanted to teach. I also know there were others who would not listen, or it might possibly deter them from learning more if I spoke of such things so openly. Yet I can also tell it won't be long before the reluctant believers will no longer constrain teachers like me from speaking plainly of precious things.

- Dragon

- Dragon
Previous Topic: With the End in Mind
Next Topic: Perfect Men
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 21:49:43 MDT 2024