Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Atonement of Jesus Christ » Broken heart and a contrite Spirit
Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3886] Wed, 05 August 2020 17:07 Go to next message
Truthfinder78 is currently offline  Truthfinder78
Hi!!!! I have recently discovered the book on the Atonement and have not been able to put it down. So many insights are amazing and eye opening.
I have struggled to understand/ gauge what I need to repent of to receive forgiveness and baptism of fire. I have read and reread the chapter on the broken heart and contrite spirit, but I can’t seem to make any breakthroughs.
I feel so frustrated I could burst! I don’t love those that hurt me. I feel disappointed in some that I used to look up to.I can’t deny what I know to be true which is sometimes required for acceptance by others. I can’t stop feeling like we are on a brink of a disaster, as a church and country.
It just feels like catch22. Any suggestions for me?
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3887 is a reply to message #3886] Thu, 06 August 2020 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finrock is currently offline  Finrock
Surrender. Surrender to God and realize that this is His battle not ours. Decide what tool you want to be and let the Master of all tools use you to fulfill His purposes.

But remember you are most effective in the Master's hand. Don't try to wield yourself or suppose that you must accomplish something before God can or will use you. The willingness to surrender to God and His ways is all that you need to do.

Be patient with yourself. After surrendering it is still going to take time to adjust to your "new" life in Christ. You like all of us will have moments of backtracking, doubt, questioning, etc. That is normal. Just remember in those moments to just surrender to God and His will. Let Him fight your battles. Trust that He is aware of the situation on Earth and He has not intervened to prevent it and so it must not require His intervention. So we can at least get some comfort in that.

-Finrock
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3888 is a reply to message #3886] Sun, 09 August 2020 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently prayed to God with some sorrow and disappointment of my own deeds and I declared to God that I am tired of fighting. I declared to the Father that I am weak but He is strong and I requested that He fight my battles. I asked Him if He would shoulder my fights for now because I am too weak to carry it. I don't know how to properly "fight" and so for now let Him fight and let me be at peace trusting in His strength.

Amen.

-Finrock
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3893 is a reply to message #3888] Sun, 16 August 2020 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The miracle of the Baptism of Fire comes not because you are worthy, but because you are willing. We do not take the Sacrament because we are worthy of Christ's Name, but because we are willing to take His Name upon us. Remember that the Baptism of Fire is when the power of godliness is manifest in us, changing our natures from a carnal man who desires evil into a spiritual man (or woman) who no longer desires evil, but desires to do good continually. We are not changed into being who do good continually, or never do evil. It is our desires which are changed, not our actions. Those desires work in us over time so that our actions come to match our desires.

- Dragon
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3894 is a reply to message #3893] Sun, 16 August 2020 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Well said!
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3895 is a reply to message #3893] Sun, 16 August 2020 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a good way of describing it or understanding it. Or like Amonhi said, " Well said" 😄

-Finrock
Re: Broken heart and a contrite Spirit [message #3910 is a reply to message #3895] Sun, 04 April 2021 09:34 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I have often considered how one of the tests of life is how well we remain "willing" - despite challenges, setbacks, trials, etc. To me, "enduring to the end" means always remaining "willing" to submit to God.

I ask myself, Why do some give up being willing and others do not? Perhaps it is less likely we might abandon our willingness after we've experienced the Baptism of Fire and the Holy Ghost.

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Previous Topic: The Condescension of Christ and the resurrection
Next Topic: The Book in General
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:44:13 MDT 2024