Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Adam God Theory (Championed by Brigham Young, buried by other leaders)
The Adam God Theory [message #3558] Thu, 29 September 2016 17:45 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The basics of the Adam/God Theory states that Adam is the spiritual father of all the people of this Earth, including Jehovah. It does NOT equate Adam with Elohim.
Currently this theory is denied by official LDS Doctrine, and many would like us to believe Brigham Young never supported it. The truth is, he did. He believed that Adam lived on a different world, where he obtained his exaltation, and that he then had spirit children (us). Those spirit children needed bodies, so he, Michael, became the Adam of this world.
We are taught that if we obtain our exaltation we will have spirit children of our own. Where this theory falls on shaky ground is believing we will some day become the Adam of our own world. There's no doctrinal support for this. Or is there?

- Dragon
Re: The Adam God Theory [message #3591 is a reply to message #3558] Wed, 07 March 2018 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
I believe this doctrine and the spirit has witnessed to me of its truthfulness, though I do not have a full understanding of it.

There are some parts that I am still confused about, but I believe it to be a true doctrine. We run into confusion because we love to put God in a box.

Ogden Kraut wrote a wonderful book on this subject titled Michael/Adam which you can read online for free here.

I have a different understanding of who Jehovah is, based on other writings, which is that Jehovah is the Savior who atoned for Adam while he was in his mortal probation, the one we are on now. That, of course, opens another can of worms.

The thing I find funny is that we claim that Adam is our father and we claim that we are gods, per the statement Jesus himself made; We claim those things but we deny the sort of teachings that would explain to us how we actually arrive and become like like they (our common species) became how they are and how we can do it too. We seem to want to believe that we just have to do our best and then through some sort of sacerdotal grace-fueled magic we will transform into a god. Or we want to just push off any learning of that sort to when we are resurrected and prepared to understand that sort of thing.

I find it fascinating. Learning these things gives me a deep motivational passion that nothing else does.
Re: The Adam God Theory [message #3596 is a reply to message #3591] Wed, 07 March 2018 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
This is one doctrine which we must be careful discussing. People have been excommunicated for saying what has been said here. Be careful not to align yourself with a group which preaches these things in order to gain a deeper understanding of them. Personal study of them is dangerous for those who do not have a solid foundation in the gospel. Too many today are too eager to learn and so run faster than they are able on their spiritual journey and they lose their path. Of course, you are free to choose. I just cannot restrain myself from giving a warning voice.

- Dragon
Re: The Adam God Theory [message #3600 is a reply to message #3596] Thu, 08 March 2018 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
Thanks for the warning. It is truly appreciated. I understand that the truth is dangerous in many instances.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2018 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Adam God Theory [message #3860 is a reply to message #3600] Wed, 17 June 2020 11:12 Go to previous message
CoEternal is currently offline  CoEternal
I posted this, which was improperly attributed to Amonhi:

I wrestled with this doctrine for nearly 30 years. As I searched for answers to other questions, this kept appearing. So finally I did all my due diligence on it - it is true - and it is not true that prophets have disavowed or condemned it. There are some statements that appear to have done that, but careful reading of them reveals that they do not. The statements are designed to reduce the conflict and contention over this doctrine while not actually condemning it.

Now, we learn line upon line. Not accepting this line prevents us from accepting marvelous doctrines that are predicated upon this one. There are so many doctrines that are discussed on this and similar forums that are like the three blind man describing an elephant. The greater picture that is available upon accepting this and subsequent doctrines makes all these discussions moot.
Previous Topic: Will there be other Saviors for other worlds?
Next Topic: Identity of the Holy Ghost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:18:51 MDT 2024