Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » I didn't know we could just ask
I didn't know we could just ask [message #3508] Mon, 23 November 2015 00:15 Go to next message
mariposa is currently offline  mariposa
I came across Amonhi's post one day about the process of how to make your C&E sure.
I began thinking "that's a great idea, pick a specific date to ask...hmmm...let me check my calendar.."
But the Spirit was so clear in prompting me to ask right in that moment.
I thought "Seriously? Ask right now?"
I could hardly get all the words of the prayer out as I was flooded from head to toe with relief, amazement, happiness. It's like the Spirit was shouting "YES. YES, of course you do!" (have your C&E)

I couldn't believe it.
I received the Baptism of fire when I was 12, (baptized at 8 ), but I didn't know that's what it was til later. In the past couple of years, after learning to meditate, I have had wonderful spiritual experiences, communicating with Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother and the Savior, too, but I'd only seen the Savior in dreams.
I thought you had to see the Savior first, physically, to receive your C&E. I still have a lot more to learn about but it is neat how I notice the difference between listening to the Holy Ghost vs listening to the Savior - they sound like 2 different people, which is a nice reassurance that the Savior is leading me now.
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3511 is a reply to message #3508] Wed, 02 December 2015 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this! So glad you are here! I really look forward to hearing your thoughts, insights and experiences. Smile

Peace,
Amonhi
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3517 is a reply to message #3508] Fri, 18 December 2015 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Quote:
It's like the Spirit was shouting "YES. YES, of course you do!"

I can't be sure, because I haven't had much time with ONLY the 1st Comforter, but does the Holy Ghost ever use words like this? Unless we are in mortal danger, of course. For those of us who know both, does the 1st Comforter use words?
Or is it that by the time we hear words, we are already close to receiving our C&E?

- Dragon
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3518 is a reply to message #3517] Mon, 21 December 2015 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariposa is currently offline  mariposa
Idk what the rules are, but I think the spirit can communicate via voice before receiving c&e. I never thought about it, though. In the experience I shared of receiving my c&e, I am translating what the spirit communicated to me. Afterwards I asked when I qualified to have my c&e and I was reminded of an experience when I was 17-18yrs old. I had been studying about Saul and his change to becoming Paul. I learned about all the good he did and how his desire to fight the good fight motivated him. I remember kneeling down and telling Heavenly Father "I want to be like that! I want to help!" It was a great experience because, though I didn't realize it then, I was choosing a path. I was by no means perfect, but my heart was changed.
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3528 is a reply to message #3518] Mon, 22 February 2016 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
That's awesome and so relevant!

Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Amonhi
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3532 is a reply to message #3528] Sun, 28 February 2016 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Mariposa,
I greatly enjoyed your story.
I believe you will find that you have seen the Savior with your spiritual eyes, as promised in scripture. Your spiritual eyes are similar to your "imagination." The Hindus call it the third eye, which sits approximately in the middle of the forehead. We see spiritually through this "eye." You have been much farther down the road than you realized. Congratulations, and welcome to the Church of the Firstborn.

Bishop
Re: I didn't know we could just ask [message #3580 is a reply to message #3532] Mon, 17 July 2017 05:03 Go to previous message
blackapache is currently offline  blackapache
I've only started to hear words and sentences since receiving my calling and election. Prior to this my experiences were always of strong spiritual feelings confirming truths. For me It was definitely a second comforter thing... Though I havent seen him face to face yet I have heard His voice and have been taught at times through the veil.

AS THY DAYS MAY DEMAND SO THY SUCCOR SHALL BE
Previous Topic: C&E in Patriarchal Blessing?
Next Topic: HUMBLED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:04:00 MDT 2024