Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » Second Step (C&E??? I'm No Expert.)
Second Step [message #3288] Mon, 26 May 2014 13:10 Go to next message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney
How does one even begin? I have seen no angels that I'm aware of. I have not seen the Savior, though a friend of mine (who has) thought I did. I'm no scholar and I'm always in a 'wonder' when others expound the scriptures they have either received revelation on or have been taught by heavenly messengers. I feel like the odd new kid in jr. high... I've been that and know it well.

So,... I posed a question in my post: step one... "What would have happened if the son of Abraham bolted before the deed (sacrifice)?" I should have used the story of Israel in the wilderness when they were offered the chance to speak with God. They essentially rejected God as I see it. This is what I did at the age of 11. I ran from the adversary in fear and rejected going to God. I didn't realize this till after posting that experience. What a shock when that realization struck. From that time in my childhood... until I was "baptized with fire"... 40 years had passed (is that significant I wonder?).

Since June of 2012 (Born of Fire) God has been at work in my life. Things I have learned about myself have been mind blowing and in the last few months I am walking a path I don't even recognize. I have been told things by the Lord and for the first time in my life,... from Heavenly Father also. A couple of times in fact. More is being revealed as I contemplate and read. I was prompted to read "The Second Comforter" I had purchased and had put down after 70 pages and it was like the Lord was speaking directly to me,... answering questions I had asked Him. I have been given some promises and blessings while praying that I don't understand well or the significance to. A covenant was made to me that didn't require anything of me... that seemed significant but I don't understand why He would offer that to me.

I'm just that guy who never really stayed in one place too long as a kid or the 20 years in the military. I was a sleeper.... until one day I was called to be the Elders Quorum President. How bad must things be for 'me' to be called to EQP? The truth is... pretty bad. Home Teaching at 11% for the whole Quorum. Regardless...if you could see behind me, you'd see the heel marks start right there. I resisted but He persisted. Slowly I woke up. I'm not one to do things my way though. It's always been His church to me. Others can glory in power but it's never been my way, so; of course, I grew more and more. This is what led to my collision with Christ. He just reached right in to my life because He loved me. Little did I know what would follow.

As I mentioned, blessings and promises came. Just a few weeks ago while listening to the Lords replies He said, "I have prepared a place for you in my Fathers' house and I shall dwell with you there". I was cautious. Was this a trick? My mind? So I put it out of my mind. A few days later I received the exact same statement word for word. I felt this was important. Beyond important, but I was still not convinced it was.... that it was... "that". So I searched. I have been to a few other sites before but didn't get too involved. I didn't find anything that addressed the "thirst" that needed quenched. It was then I found this site and read some testimonies that drew me in like they were written just for me.

Next week marks 4 years (two years before my Born of Fire experience) when the Savior hit me with the 'brick of awakening". Over 50 years of procrastination! Oh,... the shame. But He has brought such joy in my life, such unquenchable, burning desire to know Him. I realized last week, and I wonder how long He had tried to tell me this, but I realized I do know Him. What a moment that was. I know His love for me and every single person. I can't look at anyone and not know. I know His forgiveness. How forgiving He has been to me. I know His compassion because I have felt it in His voice when He has answered me. I know His mercy,... oh... what mercy He has imparted to me. I was so busy one night in prayer asking for so much. It was as if He chuckled and asked what I thought was most important. That caused me to think for awhile. I finally responded that knowing His love was the most treasured thing in my life. What I felt was the most important thing for me... was to love others like He loved me. Nothing even compared.

A few days after reading some responses to the elliaison book threads I realized the possibility that Lord was offering my C&E. Could that even be real for me? I was not sure I even wanted to ask. I worked up my courage and discussed what I had read, brought up what I thought I heard Him saying and waited. I requested a confirmation to His answer and sat dumbfounded on my bed. I've given it a lot of thought. I don't feel worthy to even be writing it. How is it even possible for someone like me.... the sleeper?, the procrastinator? Still I don't want to write it. Two days ago and the second time I heard the Fathers voice, He said... (as I take a deep breath...) "From this day forward you shall be counted with the Elect".

What can I take from this? Vanity perhaps, even insanity. I'm no scholar as I've said. No great gospel knowledge of the telestial, terrestrial or Celestial laws. No revelations while reading scriptures. Just tonight I read about the Adam and Eve commandment paradox likened to Abraham and the sacrifice of his son. All the things spoken of by the "ones" of this forum, which knowledge I lack. I marvel at the depth discussed on this forum and have no claim. I don't have any of the things that mark, imo, the profound makings of a member of the CotFB. The Lord said I have my C&E, but do I really? I only know His answer, but I guess the world may never know.

This I do know... Come to Christ. Seek Him and never cease to seek Him. He forgives freely and understands the individual us. His love cannot be written or spoken. It can only be experienced to be known and when you do experience it... you see His love in everything and everyone. It is incomprehensible unless you can taste the fruit that is His love. Don't worry about your baggage. You can't go to Him without it, but there is a joy, a profound indescribable joy that makes you want to thank your Lord, Master and friend, and shout praises to His glory that just can't be expressed. If I could just explode with that feeling that would be closer than trying to write it.

I write this for you... the one or two who are drawn here... He loves you brother... and sister. So do I.

... and God bless you.
Re: Second Step [message #3350 is a reply to message #3288] Tue, 24 June 2014 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Rodney,
Your reaction is very typical of new CEers. All I can say is that if you feel peace when you believe it [and turmoil when you don't believe it], it is true. Welcome to the "club." It is so normal to wonder if you are worthy, etc. The next thing you will probably deal with is to realize that not a lot has changed, like you may have thought it would. We call this "The Big Letdown." You still have to work for revelation and spiritual growth. But you will find that things do come easier, and your understanding will be opened. You will also find that it is very wise to not share many of the things you learn by the Spirit unless prompted to do so by the Spirit.
Thanks for sharing this sacred story with us.

Bishop
Re: Second Step [message #3351 is a reply to message #3288] Thu, 26 June 2014 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
hahaha, I loved reading your post! Very expressive! Very real! The heel marks behind you that drag on for years, lol. What a beautiful miracle he has made of your life!

You are so right when you said,Quote:
Don't worry about your baggage. You can't go to Him without it...

As bishop said, it is very common to doubt. Many people even receive the promise and don't realize it for years. The nice thing is that you can go to God as many times as you need for reassurance and witness.

C&E is like baptism. And 8 year old child can know enough to be baptized and then spend a great deal of his life learning more about it, what it means, how it works, why we do it. So it is with C&E... You don't get it because you read all the books and memorized the scriptures. You don't get it because you attended church that 10,000th time or got 100% on your home teaching or lived all the commandments perfectly. It isn't about what you did or do at all. And this is what seems to trip people up more than anything, they are so focused on what to do that they miss the point which is who to be?

Mormon tells us in Moro. 7 that and evil person can do no good and that a good person can do no evil. He tells us that if an evil person prays and a good person prays, then one is blessed and the other cursed, even though they DID the same thing. It is the WHY and the HOW and not the WHAT that makes all the difference.

And as you experienced, God IS LOVE. First we receive love and then give love. All the scriptures and all the meaning of things will come as you explorer your blessing from this context, looking back on your life and seeing the path you have traveled and the path you will travel. Now that you have the blessings is the time to begin to understand it. You have learned the true Order of Prayer and conversed with the Lord through the veil. You have received the name of the Second token of the Melchizedek Priesthood, from the Lord through the veil. Go back to the Lord with the desire to enter His presence and let him pull you through...

Peace and love Brother,
Amonhi
Re: Second Step [message #3352 is a reply to message #3288] Tue, 01 July 2014 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iWitness
Thank you for part 2!

It is an exciting time to be alive, to be sure, and things are just getting started!

It was really hard to believe the C&E at first, and over the last several months, it's really stuck. Stuck with all the implications that brings. So much sobering responsibility.

--iWitness
Re: Second Step [message #3573 is a reply to message #3351] Sun, 28 May 2017 09:46 Go to previous message
Anonymous
"You have learned the true Order of Prayer and conversed with the Lord through the veil. You have received the name of the Second token of the Melchizedek Priesthood, from the Lord through the veil. Go back to the Lord with the desire to enter His presence and let him pull you through..."

I hadn't thought of it like this, this is an amazing pearl to me, big thank you. I'm sure I will see my Father and Brother soon and I've started head on in thinking and trying to prepare for that. This really helps and gives me something to ponder. I'd be interested to hear more about this idea some time. Thanks again.
Previous Topic: My Story
Next Topic: C&E in Patriarchal Blessing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:56:49 MDT 2024