Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Probation of Man » Chapter 8 - Life After Our Probation (Discuss points related to this chapter.)
Chapter 8 - Life After Our Probation [message #102] Thu, 01 July 2010 19:50 Go to next message
Elliaison
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating the chapter, "Life After Our Probation".

~ Elliaison

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2016 22:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Life After Our Probation [message #112 is a reply to message #102] Mon, 05 July 2010 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fairy is currently offline  fairy
There is an aspect of this which is unclear. Bruce R. McConkie seems to indicate we can repent through the atonement even after having our calling and election made sure. By the end of this chapter it seems very clear your position is that having entered into the new and everlasting covenant, having our calling and election made sure is like taking the training wheels off the bike. Once we've reached the point of being promised exaltation, and we yet sin, we must suffer the way Christ suffered in order to pay for those sins. We would just hope this is discussed in much greater detail in the book you mentioned, The Last Repentance. If so, then our concerns would be most likely answered by that book.

- Fairy and Dragon
Re: Life After Our Probation [message #119 is a reply to message #112] Tue, 06 July 2010 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
This is a good introduction to the topic Assent to the Death of Christ...

Although, it should be mentioned here that all those who have their calling and election made sure continue to progress individually and so are not given all things at once. God does not require us to automatically begin to living according to all eternal things. So, there are many who have there calling and election sure which do not commune with the Church of the Firstborn, have the second comforter nor are bound to certain doctrines such as this.

However, in time, all who have these blessings will receive all blessings, covenants and principles associated with it.

No more can be said on your comment outside the Assent to the death of Christ thread. I will work with Elliaison to prepare information regarding this.
Re: Life After Our Probation [message #1358 is a reply to message #119] Mon, 29 October 2012 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
That is kind of a relief to hear for someone who is just a baby still in all of this like myself. I was getting kind of distressed about it but then I realized that HF doesn't expect me to understand everything all at once and that more and more responsibility will be placed upon me as I grow and understand and that it is a gradual process.
Re: Life After Our Probation [message #2318 is a reply to message #102] Sun, 17 March 2013 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TruthSeeker is currently offline  TruthSeeker
I really enjoyed reading The Fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (book about Calling and Election). Spirit actually prompted me to use this book to know how to ask about my C&E. It really brought me the answers I needed. Thank you! Very Happy

Your forum suggests there are other Elliaison books availabe. However I am not seeing them on your website. Are they available for digital downoload like pdf format in the meantime while hard copy is not currently available?
Thank you!

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2013 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Life After Our Probation [message #2497 is a reply to message #1358] Sat, 25 May 2013 15:40 Go to previous message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
Ashleyd wrote on Mon, 29 October 2012 00:02
That is kind of a relief to hear for someone who is just a baby still in all of this like myself. I was getting kind of distressed about it but then I realized that HF doesn't expect me to understand everything all at once and that more and more responsibility will be placed upon me as I grow and understand and that it is a gradual process.

Amen Sister! I felt the same way when I read that as well.
Previous Topic: Chapter 1 - The Beginning of Our Probation
Next Topic: Chapter 2 - The Requirements for Accountability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:12:58 MDT 2024