Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » The Miracle of Healing (My experience with blood poisoning)
The Miracle of Healing [message #2462] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:51 Go to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
WARNING if you have a queasy stomach this story isn't for you. Embarrassed

I have had the opportunity to give several blessings most of the time that I give them I am awoken by my wife at 2 or 3 in the morning with a puking child and I am less than half awake giving half of them. For the most part when I give blessings though, I have had special experiences. Maybe not impressions to say "You are healed!!!" but nevertheless a flow of information how to remedy the problem and bless with comfort and tell the future at times. I do feel that I haven't necessarily received the gift to heal but I have experienced the gift of being healed.

When I was in fifth grade, probably around 10 years of age. Something exciting was going on with the other children during recess or lunch break at the school. We were outside and I wanted to get in on the conversation but I was too shy to approach. There was this utility area that was maybe 8 feet by 8 feet which was surrounded by a chain link fence. The other kids and there activity was happening on the East side of this fence so I snuck around to the West side of this fence and walked up on this crate that was propped at a 45 degree angle, up against this chain link fence so that I could see and hear what was going on.

So I had walked all the way up standing at the very top of this crate that was on this 45 degree angle and was leaning over this chain link fence which on this fence the top part of this fence had all the wires pointing up at the top. They had never been bent down. The crate suddenly fell down flat without warning. My face was spared but the top of that fence caught my arm ripping it open. When I hit the ground I looked at my arm. (I only looked at my arm once!) It was basically the grossest thing I have ever seen. It was ripped inches wide and tall and and an inch or two deep. I saw the insides of my arm almost to the bone. It had cut me near the elbow but on the forearm but the inside fleshy part. I saw a tendon tendon that barely was not severed just hanging there.

I covered my arm with my other hand, (So that I didn't have to see it again) and I took off running to the principals office. The secretaries gave me some grossed out looks. They cleaned it and bandaged it up and they called my mother and she came and got me. At the time my parents didn't have the money to take me to the emergency room. So I had to wait at home till the doctor could get me in and stitch me up. I remember sitting and playing a video game with some kid she was babysitting while I was cut open.

Anyways the doctor stitched me up. He had to do stitches inside my arm as well. Later my arm started to get infected. I had blood poisoning. (This was my left arm) I had this red streak running up my arm towards my heart. Once again my parents weren't that well to do. We had enough food and shelter but not extra money. They didn't take me to the hospital. They most likely would have but they chose to ask for help from the Lord first.

They took me over to my grand parents house so that my grandpa could assist in giving me a blessing. My grandpa is an active member of the church and he sure can talk when he is one on one with someone but other than that he is shy and more of a recluse when it comes to things other than attending church. In my grandpa's patriarchal blessing it says that he has the gift of healing.

I remember at the time of the blessing my arm was really stiff as well. I remember the anointing especially well. My grandpa anointed. He seemed to get nervous when it came to these kinds of things. He didn't even know the words to say. My dad said every word of the anointing as my grandpa repeated and did the anointing. I was blessed to have healing. The next day I awoke to the infection/ blood poisoning either gone or nearly gone with it never to come back. I also regained movement in my arm and became active in sports and other activities like any other normal young man. I even really got into basketball starting at that year.

I do believe that we can improve on gifts and that they can become more powerful. However we should remember where the gifts come from! Even though my grandpa didn't know the words for the anointing, the Lord still blessed him with that gift. He still gave me healing. We should turn to the Lord and be grateful and realize that whatever blessing it be that we seek that these blessings don't come from great oratory or having a great stature but comes from Him, whom all light, all that is good cometh.
Re: The Miracle of Healing [message #2465 is a reply to message #2462] Thu, 16 May 2013 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

This is so awesome Sheol! I wish I could encounter someone who truly had the gift of healing like this. God truly did bless us with different gifts of the spirit to benefit and help each other!

~Jules
Re: The Miracle of Healing [message #2466 is a reply to message #2465] Fri, 17 May 2013 22:37 Go to previous message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
JulesGP wrote on Thu, 16 May 2013 23:12
This is so awesome Sheol! I wish I could encounter someone who truly had the gift of healing like this. God truly did bless us with different gifts of the spirit to benefit and help each other!

Speaking of the Gift of Healing, I remember years ago that I made a friend that had become active in the church. He told me of the reason why he decided to become active again. It was due to his faithful home teacher. Along the way he had other challenges like his son dying but all in all it was his home teacher and the Christlike love that he showed through years of service.

The time had come that my friend invited me to stand in the circle as he was ordained an elder and given the Melchizedek Priesthood. I will forever remember the spirit I felt when that blessing was given! Not only did his old home teacher pass on that authority but he specifically said that he would he would be able to raise the dead. Saying it is one thing but when it is said with power it is another......

My friend with tears in his eyes said, "if only I had that ability a few years ago...." That blessing, that gift, that power from God may be used like it was on Lazuras or it may be used in the Resurrection on his posterity, I don't know but great gifts truly are a blessing from above.
Previous Topic: New Shoes
Next Topic: A cut finger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:57:47 MDT 2024